Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/12/2019 2:08:13 PM   
HoustonAerosFan

I just d/led TOAW IV and installed it - it ran OK.

When I try to do the first update from 4.0.0.11 (the download) to 4.1.0.20, I get a message saying I have an older version installed and the installation can't continue.

What's going on here?
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/12/2019 2:11:28 PM   
elmo3

Yeah I had the same problem. After you install 4.0.0.11 you have to turn right around and uninstall it! Then you can install 4.1.0.20 and then install 4.1.0.21. Never saw anything like this with any other Matrix game and it really makes no sense to me but that's how it works.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to HoustonAerosFan)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/12/2019 2:26:38 PM   
HoustonAerosFan

Good Lord !! Why on earth would you distribute software only to have your users have to uninstall it??? Why not just distribute 4.1.0.20 ???

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/13/2019 3:51:50 PM   
Omnius

Yeah I'm having troubles installing and updating this game after having just bought it less than two weeks ago. It installed to the E: drive seemingly okay, I didn't try playing it or updating it until today. After doing the 4.1.0.21 update I got a message saying it needed a Steam key. I then tried uninstalling the game to reinstall it again and apply the 4.1.0.20 update first before applying the one ending in .21. In Windows Settings I saw that it complained about not finding the uninstall file in the C: drive where I didn't install it. I looked at the game folder in my E: drive and couldn't find an uninstall.exe file for this game in the main or uninstall folders, only some dat or png files there.

I never had a problem installing a Matrix game until this perversion of an installation. I had the first two versions of TOAW and never had any install problems.

I hope someone can answer fairly soon if I'm forced to install this game on my C: drive where I really don't want it. I hope I won't need a stupid Steam key to play this game, I hate Steam and avoid it like the plague.

(in reply to HoustonAerosFan)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/13/2019 4:01:22 PM   
zakblood

this is being looked at atm, did all of you not read the 2 threads on the same subject? guessing the answer is no

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4568123

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4564492

that's what the stickies were for, sorry for your issues, but if it's the same issue, it's either a manual one, or a uninstall, as per sticky until it's sorted, there is no more news until office is back open tomorrow

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 1/14/2019 5:03:26 PM   
Sarsfield_slith

For the record what I am getting when I install the latest version is:

Opart 4.exe - System Error

X The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I cannot open anything now!

I hesitate to do anything further until some clarification is brought to these issues

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 - 2/10/2019 1:38:33 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarsfield_slith
For the record what I am getting when I install the latest version is:

Opart 4.exe - System Error

X The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I cannot open anything now!

I hesitate to do anything further until some clarification is brought to these issues

You could try searching for the file: "steam_api.dll" and see if it got written to the
"/My Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV/" folder instead of
"/Program Files(x86)/Matrix Games/The Operational Art of War IV/"

If it did get written there just move it to the other spot.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Sarsfield_slith)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Unable to Update From D/L to 4.1.0.20 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI