Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hang in there guy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hang in there guy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hang in there guy - 6/17/2003 6:59:29 AM   
Akmatov

gmenfan

We have never corresponded, but you have always been a great source of information and humor as we all have dealt with this aspect of our mutual lives. CLANK CLANK I'm a Tank!

As one who has met depression and am very familiar with the problems of just being motivated to get up and engage with life, let me extend my sympathy and understanding. There are times - sometime LONG times when life just doesn't seem worth continuing.

A couple of years ago I was faced with the decision to just use the 9mm ticket and get off the train or maybe check out a mental health professional. The coin flip came down for the professional. It was perhaps the most wise thing I've ever done. I was very fortunate to connect with a truely wise woman who has helped me begin to come to terms some of the chaos in my life and to reach a point where I'm working toward a future.

The point of the autobiography bit it to let you know you are not alone and to urge you to connect with either a professional or someone you can really trust. There good people out there who can be quite helpful. I was surprised. If you are feeling the way you describe something ain't right and you need to hunt it down and beat it! :)

Wishing you the best and hoping to see you pop back up on the Forum again when you can - there are a lot more people out here pulling for you than you may realize. Good Luck!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 31
- 6/17/2003 7:40:15 AM   
darroch

Gmenfan - you're probbaly not gonna see this but just wanted say so long.

Good Luck - here's hoping we see you back here someday.

May you find peace and healing.

Brad

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 32
- 6/17/2003 9:06:05 PM   
ruxius

With so many friends here really caring about you, you will not feel alone anymore...
all is a travel..also life is a travel with so many things to be seen and to be experienced !
life should always be enjoyed...that's why your health is a primary target...take a rest and when you will be ready again you will come back to the people you showed how to appreciate you!
Good Luck
and NEver SURRENDER !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 33
- 6/18/2003 1:05:57 AM   
Supervisor

No more please, with all the heart filled wishes I've received. I've decided to try and stick it out for a while longer.:D ;)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 34
- 6/18/2003 2:43:59 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]No more please, with all the heart filled wishes I've received. I've decided to try and stick it out for a while longer.:D ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Does this mean I can trade in this Giants helmet for a Baltimore Ravens helmet now? ;)

Welcome back g! Just take it a day at a time, and if you need a break, take it. If you want to talk you have "brothers" just a phone call away.

What, me worry?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 35
- 6/18/2003 9:08:52 AM   
Wild Bill

Nothing could please me more! You've got a thankless job so let me take the time to "THANK YOU" for all that you do.

You are quite a man. Never underestimate yourself or your importance to this group, Mike...WB
==============

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 36
- 6/18/2003 7:44:22 PM   
Supervisor

Bernie ditch the helmet, I know it's just eating you up inside.:D

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 37
- 6/18/2003 8:39:39 PM   
tracer

[B]Bernie ditch the helmet, I know it's just eating you up inside.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I removed mine. I hope you realize the sacrifice this Cowboys fan made in putting it up! :p :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 38
- 6/19/2003 12:14:23 AM   
Bernie

[B]Bernie ditch the helmet, I know it's just eating you up inside.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

ARRRggghhh! It's stuck! I can't get it off! Heeellllpppp!

Oh, wait....

Forgot to unbuckle the chinstrap... :o

Ahhh! Better! :)

What, me worry?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 39
Hey Mike - 6/19/2003 1:46:59 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Gald to see you've reconsidered. Perhaps just cruising the forum without any duties might do the trick for you.

I know that in the last two years for me (fighting joblessness and the attendant depression), browsing this forum has been extremely helpful in getting me through the day (mostly due to the sick sense of humor most of you have :p )

At any rate, thanks for all the help and helpful suggestions that you and the other moderators have provided. I've enjoyed 'your' forum greatly.

Good luck, and get Well soon,

Michael

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 40
- 6/20/2003 6:06:30 PM   
gnoccop

WELCOME BACK!!!

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 41
- 6/21/2003 9:54:18 AM   
Irinami

Hey allright! By the time I get back to poking the forums and reading this, it turns out you've found something to stay for. Great!

Dittos to what everyone else has said, in short. Not to quote Dr. Phil, but take time for yourself too, y'know? :)

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hang in there guy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI