Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle Chart Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Battle Chart Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle Chart Question - 6/22/2003 9:36:07 AM   
Bill_L.

This one's been bothering me since I started playing EIA back in '88 but not enough to have ever bothered to write Avalon Hill about it while they were still around.
Assault vs. Outflank and Outflank vs. Counterattack are mirror images for the Combat Resolution Chart tables. Yet the same cannot be said for the Escalated Assault vs. Outflank and Outflank vs. Escalated Counterattack. The third round of Escalated Assault is a 3-3 and the third of Escalated Counterattack is 4-3 (both when outflanking force does not arrive)
Comments? :D
Post #: 1
- 6/22/2003 11:25:04 PM   
gdpsnake

Perhaps you have discovered a typo?

I've never seen errata to address this. Perhaps it is intentional?
The only errata I know was in escalated assault/cordon (river) [A5-2 is really 5-1]

Of course the combat chart is not a 'complete mirror' since there exist 5 attacker choices and 6 defender choices.

For example, Escalated assalt/counterattack are opposite of assault/escalated counterattack but not mirrors! Both give the same result for Attacker and defender - not opposite. Therefore, perhaps the tactics are not exactly in opposition.

Just a thought. I can ask the question - it probably was intended to be a 'mirror'

SNAKE

(in reply to Bill_L.)
Post #: 2
- 6/27/2003 4:16:44 PM   
Bill_L.

Would be great if you asked. Would also be easy to check if someone had a copy of the original ADG release of the game. Thanks! :)

(in reply to Bill_L.)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Battle Chart Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI