Battle Chart Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Bill_L. -> Battle Chart Question (6/22/2003 9:36:07 AM)

This one's been bothering me since I started playing EIA back in '88 but not enough to have ever bothered to write Avalon Hill about it while they were still around.
Assault vs. Outflank and Outflank vs. Counterattack are mirror images for the Combat Resolution Chart tables. Yet the same cannot be said for the Escalated Assault vs. Outflank and Outflank vs. Escalated Counterattack. The third round of Escalated Assault is a 3-3 and the third of Escalated Counterattack is 4-3 (both when outflanking force does not arrive)
Comments? :D

gdpsnake -> (6/22/2003 11:25:04 PM)

Perhaps you have discovered a typo?

I've never seen errata to address this. Perhaps it is intentional?
The only errata I know was in escalated assault/cordon (river) [A5-2 is really 5-1]

Of course the combat chart is not a 'complete mirror' since there exist 5 attacker choices and 6 defender choices.

For example, Escalated assalt/counterattack are opposite of assault/escalated counterattack but not mirrors! Both give the same result for Attacker and defender - not opposite. Therefore, perhaps the tactics are not exactly in opposition.

Just a thought. I can ask the question - it probably was intended to be a 'mirror'

SNAKE

Bill_L. -> (6/27/2003 4:16:44 PM)

Would be great if you asked. Would also be easy to check if someone had a copy of the original ADG release of the game. Thanks! :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI