Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New patch in the works

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: New patch in the works Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New patch in the works - 3/18/2019 4:37:49 PM   
Rodwonder

This could be a definite buy for me now...

(in reply to gargamel9)
Post #: 61
RE: New patch in the works - 3/26/2019 4:35:55 PM   
CaptCarnage

When though, Matrix?
We are through mid-March and I can't wait!!

(in reply to Rodwonder)
Post #: 62
RE: New patch in the works - 3/26/2019 7:04:05 PM   
cohimbra

+1, lurking all days

(in reply to CaptCarnage)
Post #: 63
RE: New patch in the works - 3/27/2019 2:32:53 AM   
simovitch

I'll be testing he installer over the next few days. Shouldn't be too long now.

simovitch

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 64
RE: New patch in the works - 3/28/2019 10:43:57 AM   
SamSlitherine

Hi Guys,

I think some of you might be pleased to hear i'm currently pushing out our next Beta version!!

I will post the info and links shortly!!!

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 65
RE: New patch in the works - 4/17/2019 2:45:43 AM   
gargamel9

excellent

(in reply to SamSlitherine)
Post #: 66
RE: New patch in the works - 5/2/2019 8:15:02 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

I'm glad to hear that a new patch is in the works. Here are a few of my suggestions:

-More target filtering on the planning map. Especially a filter by industry type is really needed, IMHO.

A few months back I was wondering how to fix this and then I discovered that you can filter out target types (List Targets) while building a mission in the planning phase AND then select the target for your mission from the filtered list. I don't know how I missed this before, or I knew about it and forgot.

Anyway, I would like to replace the "SFX" and "Music" side buttons with more industry filters for the next go-around since you can always set those under options if you want.

simovitch

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 67
RE: New patch in the works - 5/4/2019 2:20:55 PM   
drmweaver2

Posted in the spirit of....um, you said that v1.04 Beta is about to be out of Beta???? Consider this...

1. Unfortunately, I keep having a few "issues" with errors during the Mission Planning phase in my '44 Long Campaign game. Entire missions occasionally don't show up (I get blank lines) in the Mission Review function screen when I check them after resorting in Descending Mission Number Order in order to check/help with TOT timing adjustments. I have to re-enter some missions/raids to get them to "stick" - backing out to the Main Planning screen to do so.

2. I still get the occasional German aircraft type as being "available for assignment to a raid" while planning Allied Fighter Sweeps on a selected German airfield. This after simovitch's earlier response that I shouldn't plan, save the game, exit the game, then edit a mission I've already saved... I don't do that anymore, but I do still plan, save, exit, then restart and plan more missions.... Hopefully that sequence is "allowable" - if not, then this is a real shortcoming as not being able to do that would seriously hamper my gameplay/confidence in the game such as it is.

3. Messages flash by so quickly while after pressing the Start button that I sometimes have no clue if a mission was cancelled or just delayed - Message Detail Level set at 2 (I think ya'll hardcoded the speed to be 1 for v1.04...right?)

4. Over the last week, I've had hundreds of aircraft available on a single line/at a single base when assigning aircraft to a mission/raid. I've generally ignored them and don't have screenshots (sorry - it's a pain to screenshot, save the game, click 4-5 times to exit the game, Photoshop it to a reasonable size, post it here/forums and then load and return to where I was in the game as I don't play in windowed mode - the game window is still too small for me to read even with a 32" monitor). I specifically remember one case when 32,767 B-17s were available (that number seems "strangely familiar" from my 8-bit assembly language programming days).

5. When reviewing the results of a day's missions in Action Reports, I'll get occasional blank/no data lines... not a mission that was cancelled (with a Mission Number but no data after it.. just a blank line between numbered missions). These blank lines are not able to be "sorted out/to the end of any sorted list". That is, they show up n the middle of sorted lists regardless of what column I sort on.

I realize not providing screenshots or save games where this has happened may not help much. But, the above are "occasional" errors that I simply ignore/work through and, as I said, documenting this stuff while playing in full-screen/non-windowed mode is a pain.

I'm still enjoying the game despite these errors.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 68
RE: New patch in the works - 5/4/2019 7:21:58 PM   
Zorch

I would pay for an 'Admiral's Edition' of this game. Anyone else so inclined?

(in reply to drmweaver2)
Post #: 69
RE: New patch in the works - 5/4/2019 9:55:54 PM   
BigDuke66

Me too.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 70
RE: New patch in the works - 5/4/2019 10:35:31 PM   
joey

Actually so would I.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 71
RE: New patch in the works - 5/6/2019 11:49:25 AM   
-pag-

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I would pay for an 'Admiral's Edition' of this game. Anyone else so inclined?

+1.
My thanks to all who continually work to improve the game.
I vote for an option to slow messaging down even more-but I know, I'm in the minority on this.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 72
RE: New patch in the works - 5/6/2019 8:59:09 PM   
drmweaver2

quote:

ORIGINAL: -pag-
I vote for an option to slow messaging down even more-but I know, I'm in the minority on this.

Then we both are in the minority...

(in reply to -pag-)
Post #: 73
RE: New patch in the works - 5/7/2019 8:54:42 AM   
V72

A small minority... growing !!!

< Message edited by V72 -- 5/8/2019 9:02:07 AM >

(in reply to drmweaver2)
Post #: 74
RE: New patch in the works - 5/7/2019 6:08:05 PM   
Piteas

+1 Admiral´s Edition

+1 to slow messaging

Growing and growing...

(in reply to V72)
Post #: 75
RE: New patch in the works - 5/8/2019 7:22:07 AM   
CaptCarnage

What is an Admirals Edition?

+1 USAAF-only Long Campaigns (say no to night bombing! ;) )

(in reply to Piteas)
Post #: 76
RE: New patch in the works - 6/18/2019 6:46:48 PM   
pkpowers

+1 for Admirals edition ; been playing this since it started , also played USAAF by SSI on an Atari 800 years ago

(in reply to CaptCarnage)
Post #: 77
RE: New patch in the works - 9/11/2019 4:05:50 PM   
simovitch

A quick update on the 1.04.01 patch:
1. Alberto must be really busy with work and/or RL because he is currently incommunicado, so I'm not sure of a delivery date yet.
2. I added some code to tone down the morale checks/rally for all groups. It seems that everyone reaches "99" way too easy and without merit but to balance that I added a possible morale bonus for resting relative to 'days since last' mission. Also fixed a bug where some groups were starting with very low morale due to how the data file was read.
3. started looking into the fidelity of the whole resupply network for ground troops.
4. The weather forecasting will require some major re-work and will not be in this patch. No modifications to lessen bad weather effects either (another discussion for another time).

simovitch

(in reply to pkpowers)
Post #: 78
RE: New patch in the works - 9/28/2019 3:50:00 PM   
Johntxic

Anything to report?

The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 79
RE: New patch in the works - 9/29/2019 2:25:11 AM   
simovitch

Alberto's back on it, but it is going slower than I hoped.

EDIT: I got the new build this morning and I'm running the auto testers and checking a few things out.

We fixed a bug where the oil/avgas economy was not only counting storage at existing locations but also captured and/or future locations so I'm monitoring how that effected the modified shortage routines. Troops were also running supply through non-existent locations. Disrupted FB groups will think twice about strafing on the way back to base, and group morale is tougher to recover now without resting so I'm watching that as well for both sides.

Failure to launch bug might be fixed, at least now you can mouse over flights and see the composition of Flight-no.s >999. I always wondered why I couldn't get that information on some units, especially night raiders (turns out those were the units that exceeded 999). This helps the defender pick more straggler targets to intercept. Its actually a pretty cool improvement if I must say. a couple other "under the hood" bug fixes as well.

I don't plan to add any more features so hopefully we can get this to Matrix in the next few weeks.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 9/30/2019 1:05:46 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to Johntxic)
Post #: 80
RE: New patch in the works - 9/30/2019 7:56:58 AM   
davidjruss

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the patch .I appreciate the effort put by both of you to keep this excellent game going.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 81
RE: New patch in the works - 9/30/2019 4:22:06 PM   
Orm

I am looking forward the update as well. But, please, do not rush things.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 82
RE: New patch in the works - 10/17/2019 12:11:15 AM   
Pete McCullagh

Really looking forward to the patch release. Even if not complete, go for it! As I understand there are now fixes for:
1) turnaround bug
2) failure to launch
3) sweep issues.

Just this will be a huge step forward. This is a large and complicated sim. Now over 20 yrs old. It is simply the best ww2 sim. It could take years to fix everything. Fixing these 3 issues will really improve it. Thanks to those hard working folks who devote time to this.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 83
RE: New patch in the works - 10/17/2019 8:49:35 PM   
simovitch

A few more tweaks (including AI fixes) and we will be ready to go. Got a lot done this week.

simovitch

(in reply to Pete McCullagh)
Post #: 84
RE: New patch in the works - 11/10/2019 1:18:37 PM   
hapshott

Hello Simovitch,

Any news on a release date for the patch?

I'm really looking forward to this. Esp. as you will include AI fixes as I'm only playing against the AI.

Best regards,

Hapshott

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 85
RE: New patch in the works - 11/10/2019 3:42:57 PM   
simovitch

We are very close. Play testers are sending in favorable comments, just a few more wrinkles to sort out. The latest bug I've been trying to squash is some groups with only a few planes left would remain leaderless when a wounded leader returned from the hospital. He would be present but his qualities were ignored. I think this is fixed but needs testing.

simovitch

(in reply to hapshott)
Post #: 86
RE: New patch in the works - 11/13/2019 4:53:21 PM   
hapshott

Wow, Thanks for the fast reply. Good to here that the last bugs are being solved.

I'm happy that you are still supporting this game. Kudos for the dedication

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 87
RE: New patch in the works - 11/26/2019 5:44:41 AM   
simovitch

OK we finished testing the latest build and I think we are good to go. We apologize for the delay but this build needed lots of testing to get this right. We will wrap it up and ship it to Matrix this week. Here is the list of fixes:

PATCH version 1.05 (Note that old 1.04 and earlier saves will not work in new version, so new version will be 1.05)

Fixed the dreaded turnback bug.

Fixed “failure to launch” bug, which also allows mouse-over information to appear on units from later flights like night bombing, intruders, and night fighters.

Fixed garbled fatigue display for Axis interceptors in flight.

Raid path lines are now color coded. Blue=night mission, white=day bombing, yellow=recon, green=sweeps. Red is always return leg regardless.

Fixed turns since last mission for assign lead group.

Fixed changing of attacker view of target damage levels after loading saved game.

Added OVC and moonrise display to raid planning screen.

Added random altitude loss for damaged bomber stragglers.

Added minor moral check penalties for not resting between missions. Rally (regaining of morale) dependent more on leader inspiration value.

Fixed supply bug where troops were tracing supply using non-existent locations

Fixed bug where some groups without replacement aircraft remained leaderless after leader returned to group.

1945 AI will convert older me109’s to TA 152’s if available.

Gave Recon pilots more opportunity to gain experience

Added more availability dates to unit display.

Cleaned up allied action log display columns. Re-added asterisk symbol for NAV-equipped bomber groups (not sure why this was taken away in the first place.)

Several unused locations no longer appear in game data. This fixes targeting and hidden flak-trap bugs as well as odd troop supply route choices.

Mistaken targeting slightly reduced if long range, but slightly increased if weather is bad.

Overall Flak effect slightly reduced.

Fixed odd supply line trace from German units in south France.

Air Unit display now shows attached HQ properly.

Strafing fighters will only target airfields with recon-confirmed enemy planes, otherwise they will simply patrol over the target airfield until bingo fuel. This eliminates suicide airfield attacks on empty airfields on the return leg.

Allies must have AS of 3 or greater to win BTR campaigns, otherwise best they can achieve is a draw.

Sudden Death score threshold now shows in red beneath score total in BTR campaigns.

Greatly improved shuttle functionality.

Added Allied-Italian roundel (was German cross).

< Message edited by simovitch -- 11/29/2019 11:38:33 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 88
RE: New patch in the works - 11/26/2019 8:31:14 AM   
V72

I say "respect" and thank you for the work you have done !!!

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 89
RE: New patch in the works - 11/26/2019 8:42:55 AM   
Piteas

Great Work!

I worship you

(in reply to V72)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: New patch in the works Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI