Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience - 3/28/2019 10:30:31 AM   
spellir74

DC Case Blau *Trappenjagd.*

I recently played TJ as Ger. It was the best gaming experience I have ever had. I have not played every game out there; so who knows what that means. It means something to me and its devs -- that's it.

Of course I won [super major victory]. LOL

TJ is easier than some of the other _rigged_ scenarios (e.g 1st Pz -- scen 2). I have played many of the DC scenes and most of the Commu Project WWII scenes. So I knew how to play the engine.

TJ has all game features enabled (e.g officer pool). (Many other scenes are "unfinished", esp comm proj). THAT finish along with the BIG PICTURE is what made it so good (I like seeing the big picture by nature).

To whom it concerns... TJ becomes fictitious real fast, since player is building every strategy and combat force vagary early on -- naturally a different quantum time line develops. TJ starts in middle of real life Crimea Campaign before Russ attack around Kharkov and then goes thru to *end map.* I won early -- early Nov (maybe late Oct) -- and thus didn't see if Russ _super reinforcement_ (Saturn Uranus) comes later. (Played like 5 turns per day -- still took a month.)

I did experience a crash right around end.

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

[Hungarian regime fell]

In between turns I received a fatal error that gave me option to continue anyway. I chose that.

When beginning that next turn a 'report' told me "[Hungary had fallen politically]."

~Hungarian Armee HQs were gone from Map but not Rgts.

~*All national "minor" officer pool entries were gone not just Hungarian; never to accrue replacements again.* (And I had just built an Italian Armee but had not selected a Commander yet lol.)

~Also every turn after crash would reinforce RUSS with entire new korpS that were *empty of all force* stacked on most city hexes yet to be taken; AND also when ever partisans would be generated in rear on hex, they would have with them new RUSS *empty* korp on that hex.

The following is clue as to why crash happened... Hunga rgts remained on map (as said) and were usable. BUT one Hung Rgt was empty of all force. That Rgt was in transit *on a barge* in between turns when crash occurred. I could not disembark that Rgt or disband it; it was a ghost Rgt.

Sooo what happened possibly is... Probability curve generated Hungarian regime fall and then prog started to take away Hunga units. BUT one was in-transit and that borked the prog's calculations... And then things unraveled (when I chose to continue).

So the code needs to be aware when it takes away a regime that some of regime's units could be *in transit.*

(Someone should make a scenario of just Crimea from BEGINNING to end. It is fascinating WWII story. [net search])

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 3/28/2019 6:04:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience - 3/28/2019 10:42:57 AM   
spellir74

My settings were EZ.

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 2
RE: Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience - 3/28/2019 12:35:53 PM   
Vic

Thanks for reporting this issue. Could you just verify your game version in the corner of the startup menu?

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 3
RE: Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience - 3/28/2019 1:17:16 PM   
spellir74

DC CASE BLUE VERSION:

v 1.08 f Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue.

(Now don't go making it too hard, Vic. I like to win. )

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Trappenjagd, Great gaming experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI