Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dead forum

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Dead forum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dead forum - 4/2/2019 1:47:08 AM   
spellir74

Dead forum...

Game is way too good for that.

Anything can always be 'better.' But still.

Since I beat the big campaign (Trappenjagd), I revisited 'Pz1 -scenario 2' (Battle of Mozduk). I applied a different strategy (than the earlier two times when I lost decisively) and used my new knowledge of the game's supply system etc and force construction etc and I won.

Specifically I am little braver now as far accepting a porous front and I am able to "read" my units' needs better.

The small scenarios should have been easier -- for new players. Since they weren't, new players got psychologically `defeated and thought the whole game was too hard and thus abandoned it.

Where are more 'mods'? E.g thinner lighter hex frames; OOB and TOE corrections; etc?

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 4/2/2019 1:48:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dead forum - 4/2/2019 5:14:52 AM   
Dave25210

Agree...regrettable...

...and wonder if we will ever see that already some year ago promised textual combat report (present in dc1 and dc3, but for unexplained reason missing in dc2)....

quote:

ORIGINAL: spellir74

Dead forum...

Game is way too good for that.

Anything can always be 'better.' But still.

Since I beat the big campaign (Trappenjagd), I revisited 'Pz1 -scenario 2' (Battle of Mozduk). I applied a different strategy (than the earlier two times when I lost decisively) and used my new knowledge of the game's supply system etc and force construction etc and I won.

Specifically I am little braver now as far accepting a porous front and I am able to "read" my units' needs better.

The small scenarios should have been easier -- for new players. Since they weren't, new players got psychologically `defeated and thought the whole game was too hard and thus abandoned it.

Where are more 'mods'? E.g thinner lighter hex frames; OOB and TOE corrections; etc?

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 2
RE: Dead forum - 4/2/2019 9:11:00 AM   
demyansk

Good game

(in reply to Dave25210)
Post #: 3
RE: Dead forum - 4/11/2019 10:47:19 AM   
Chernobyl

Yeah it's too bad not many seem to play this game.
I will be honest it's pretty obvious why. The game is daunting!
I picked it up a few years ago, toyed around with it but couldn't get into it cause it's just too immense.

But recently I opened it up again recently, and am halfway thru July 1942... having a ton of fun and learning a lot!

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 4/11/2019 10:52:05 AM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 4
RE: Dead forum - 4/11/2019 11:03:05 AM   
wodin

It's a crying shame no more game development happening with this game engine, esp Barbarossa

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 5
RE: Dead forum - 4/11/2019 11:22:37 PM   
Infierno

I still play Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa regularly, but I've never tried the first two. Are Case Blue and Warsaw to Paris worth visiting?

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Dead forum - 4/11/2019 11:41:15 PM   
demyansk

I would say they are good games, however wait until a sale

(in reply to Infierno)
Post #: 7
RE: Dead forum - 4/12/2019 8:40:50 PM   
spellir74

quote:

ORIGINAL: Infierno

Are Case Blue and Warsaw to Paris worth visiting?

Case Blue is smaller focus than Barbarossa: rgt battlegroups, supplied, and combat supported by air bases.

Good scale and PLAUSIBILITY especially the longer scenarios.

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 4/12/2019 8:44:08 PM >

(in reply to Infierno)
Post #: 8
RE: Dead forum - 4/15/2019 4:03:32 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

It's a crying shame no more game development happening with this game engine, esp Barbarossa

Honestly I think you are expecting too much of VRDesigns. Vic is the only person there doing any programming. Already he has 2 ships in the ocean: Decisive Campaigns (of various versions) and Advanced Tactics (which he hinted would get an update maybe back in 2012). His third ship is in development, and is called Shadow Empire. I don't think that any of the titles he previously made are abandoned. In fact he wrote recently (I forgot where on the forum) that after Shadow Empire, he had plans for Advanced Tactics and Decisive Campaigns...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Dead forum - 4/15/2019 4:04:56 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Infierno

I still play Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa regularly, but I've never tried the first two. Are Case Blue and Warsaw to Paris worth visiting?

Personally I recommend Warsaw to Paris. I never really got a handle on Case Blue.

(in reply to Infierno)
Post #: 10
RE: Dead forum - 4/15/2019 4:28:52 PM   
Bamilus

Barbarossa one of the best wargames I've ever played, shame it doesn't get more love

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 11
RE: Dead forum - 4/17/2019 6:15:47 PM   
wodin

I'm not blaming anyone here! Just saying it's a shame that such innovative games come to a stand still. I know it's not Vics fault. Just wished it had been financial success to warrant future games. Or some one would come along and pick it up and take it on.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was saying it had been abandoned. All games play well and are fully finished.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Honestly I think you are expecting too much of VRDesigns. Vic is the only person there doing any programming. Already he has 2 ships in the ocean: Decisive Campaigns (of various versions) and Advanced Tactics (which he hinted would get an update maybe back in 2012). His third ship is in development, and is called Shadow Empire. I don't think that any of the titles he previously made are abandoned. In fact he wrote recently (I forgot where on the forum) that after Shadow Empire, he had plans for Advanced Tactics and Decisive Campaigns...

< Message edited by wodin -- 4/17/2019 6:17:30 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Dead forum - 4/19/2019 10:27:23 PM   
ernieschwitz

I wasn't implying that you blamed anyone, just that you may have your expectations set too high for what one man can do.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 13
RE: Dead forum - 4/22/2019 5:03:54 PM   
wodin

Doesn't have to be Vic, someone else taking over the engine would do, rather than let it sit there. So much potential buyers including different scales.

Post #: 14
RE: Dead forum - 4/23/2019 2:24:00 PM   
ringoblood

I own all 3 games and I love all three. Still play them regularly. To bad they didnt make more. So much depth. I also wish there was a Multi player mode that would be grand. Make it more interesting. Add a whole new level to it and I think it would of sold more copies too, if it had a multi player part it, just saying.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 15
RE: Dead forum - 4/23/2019 2:26:50 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ringoblood

I own all 3 games and I love all three. Still play them regularly. To bad they didnt make more. So much depth. I also wish there was a Multi player mode that would be grand. Make it more interesting. Add a whole new level to it and I think it would of sold more copies too, if it had a multi player part it, just saying.

There is multiplayer....

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Dead forum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI