Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/16/2019 4:56:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1:

Fair notice:

This song's gonna get stuck inside your head.
warspite1

Which song?

The "Catchy" one. You'll see.

Follow up for Warspite1-you seen it yet?
warspite1

It's pencilled in for next weekend.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 3/16/2019 4:57:11 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3001
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/20/2019 6:29:23 PM   
RFalvo69

Stranger Things Season 3 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEG3bmU_WaI

Basically, I'm watching only this in loop.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3002
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/23/2019 7:13:14 PM   
Orm

The IT Crowd.

It is a bit old but I haven't seen it before. English comedy at its finest. At least partially.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 3003
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/23/2019 9:53:00 PM   
warspite1

Line of Duty - Never watched this but gets rave reviews. Just seen the excellent series 1 and have made a start of series 2.

Derry Girls - Just seen series 1 of this surprisingly funny series set in (London)derry during 'the troubles'. Worth a look. Series 2 out now.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3004
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/24/2019 6:24:25 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1:

Fair notice:

warspite1

Which song?

warspite1

And...?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3005
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/24/2019 6:34:54 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1:

Fair notice:

warspite1

Which song?

warspite1

And...?
warspite1

Sadly we've had to delay for a further week. My selfish youngest has a music exam on Monday and a concert on Tuesday and says she needs to practice for those.... Typical of kids today, no thought given to others, but instead its all about me. Disgraceful behaviour....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3006
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/24/2019 11:12:07 PM   
loki100

just part way through a binge watch of the old ITV Sharpe series. There is no buckle that is left unswashed, but its an enjoyable hoot of a watch

agree about Derry Girls but my (Dutch) wife demanded sub-titles to understand the accents

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3007
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/3/2019 9:02:44 AM   
nickkovalski

green book

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3008
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/7/2019 6:59:07 PM   
warspite1

Right, I've spent the last few weeks binge watching Game of Thrones series 1-7 in order to be up to speed for the last series, which starts next week. Can't wait!!!

The episodes are just as good watching second (and in some cases third) time around. Quality storyline, quality cast, just a brilliant production.

There are so many great characters to root for - Tyrion, Samwell, Tormund, Ser Jorah, Yara, Brienne of Tarth - even Jamie. I definitely think Brienne should end up with Ser Jamie or Tormund

Can't wait!

(in reply to nickkovalski)
Post #: 3009
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/7/2019 9:30:51 PM   
Zorch

quote:

Right, I've spent the last few weeks binge watching Game of Thrones series 1-7 in order to be up to speed for the last series, which starts next week. Can't wait!!!

The episodes are just as good watching second (and in some cases third) time around. Quality storyline, quality cast, just a brilliant production.

There are so many great characters to root for - Tyrion, Samwell, Tormund, Ser Jorah, Yara, Brienne of Tarth - even Jamie. I definitely think Brienne should end up with Ser Jamie or Tormund

Can't wait!

And one to root against.

Attachment (3)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3010
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/7/2019 11:25:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch
And one to root against.

Aye. But I can't root against Cersei. I probably will root against Sansa-she's the weakest writing of the remaining 'majors'.

I'm also disappointed that we won't get to see the best parts of Melisandra. She has a couple really nice parts that need reprisal as far as I'm concerned.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3011
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/8/2019 5:12:45 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

And one to root against.

Aye. But I can't root against Cersei. I probably will root against Sansa-she's the weakest writing of the remaining 'majors'.

I'm also disappointed that we won't get to see the best parts of Melisandra. She has a couple really nice parts that need reprisal as far as I'm concerned.

Do you know something we don't know? Melisandre is still very much alive, although exiled.
Maybe she'll come back to have another shadow demon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3012
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/8/2019 8:06:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

And one to root against.

Do you know something we don't know? Melisandre is still very much alive, although exiled.

warspite1

Yes, don't you remember the conversation with Lord Varys at Dragonstone? All very cryptic an' ****, but suggested they would both have a part to play in the final reckoning.....

Amazing how much taller Lady Melissandre is than Varys.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/8/2019 9:29:12 PM >

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3013
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/8/2019 11:06:14 PM   
JReb

quote:

Can't wait!

I'm doing the same. Starting on season 3 tonite. I also like Bronn the sell sword. Cocky bastard.

Gotta love Cersei. Lena Headey is brilliant. She, Dany and Jon Snow are the most interesting characters on the show for me.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3014
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/9/2019 4:42:42 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: JReb

quote:

Can't wait!

I'm doing the same. Starting on season 3 tonite. I also like Bronn the sell sword. Cocky bastard.

Gotta love Cersei. Lena Headey is brilliant. She, Dany and Jon Snow are the most interesting characters on the show for me.

warspite1

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO GAME OF THRONES SERIES 7

Only season 3? Wow that is still quite a few episodes to get through before the new series starts - hope you make it.

Yes I too like Cersei - in a weird sort of way

And Bronn too. His relationship with Tyrion is at times touching without ever getting soppy - he wouldn't come to Tyrion's aid over the Trial by Combat which was sensible given his outlook on life. Oh and I also forgot The Hound. Such a large number of great characters to get invested in over 7 series!

The three characters you mention are the three key players and - you'd think - one of these is going to end up on the Iron Throne. But you have to assume its not going to be the evil that is Cersei.

If I have this right, it is Jon that has the legitimate claim to the throne and not Daenerys. How does that play out? And she's his aunt - even though they got jiggy with each other - but apparently incest is no biggie in the Tagaryen clan.

As Jon is not a Stark (hell he's not even a Snow) he can't really be King of t'North. How does that work - what will Sansa and the Northern houses do.

And where was Jamie riding to at the end of the last episode? Has he finally broken free of Cersei? And if so, what does he do now?

So many questions....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/9/2019 4:52:32 AM >

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 3015
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/9/2019 7:57:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I would bet that she's effectively done as far as the Gutterdammerung of the series is concerned. I would certainly appreciate a reprisal of her best parts-for the sake of plot continuity of course-but I think that we shan't be seeing any more of her best parts for the duration.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3016
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/10/2019 4:02:09 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

I would bet that she's effectively done as far as the Gutterdammerung of the series is concerned. I would certainly appreciate a reprisal of her best parts-for the sake of plot continuity of course-but I think that we shan't be seeing any more of her best parts for the duration.

You're probably right about her best parts not being on display in the coming GoT. You should catch her (Carice van Houten) in Paul Verhoeven's award wining Black Book (2006).

I want Melisandre to show up for the climatic battle and sacrifice herself to help the good guys.
She was offered the role of Cersei but turned it down due to scheduling conflicts.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3017
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/10/2019 8:50:01 PM   
warspite1

How damn good does this look. One slight niggle - the actor voicing Jeremy Irons was always onto a loser....

The Lion King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3018
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/14/2019 3:24:10 AM   
warspite1

For those with access to the BBC I seriously recommend

The Victim

Only 4-parts, but a very, very good crime drama.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/14/2019 3:25:12 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3019
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/14/2019 3:38:18 AM   
Anachro

Hey, that's the guy from the HBO series Spartacus, a very, very serious historical series set in Rome with impressive adherence to historical fact.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3020
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/14/2019 3:43:43 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

Hey, that's the guy from the HBO series Spartacus, a very, very serious historical series set in Rome with impressive adherence to historical fact.
warspite1

I'm spartacus!

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 3021
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/14/2019 11:22:58 AM   
Zorch

Tonight is the big night for Game of Thrones fans. Unlike last season there have been no plot leaks.
Only 6 episodes left, and Youtube rumor has it that things will start with a shocker, killing an important character.
I wonder if Drogon could sit on the Iron Throne?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3022
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/14/2019 11:33:53 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Tonight is the big night for Game of Thrones fans. Unlike last season there have been no plot leaks.
Only 6 episodes left, and Youtube rumor has it that things will start with a shocker, killing an important character.
warspite1

Possibly, but I think a bigger problem would be how does he fit through the front door.....

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3023
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2019 5:01:09 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The rumor mill was off its nut today. A slow start IMO. But, other than the "Hearth Home civilian limb spider swastika", comparatively tame. Jaime meeting up with Brandon after all this time. "You've got some splainin' to do!"

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3024
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2019 5:50:18 PM   
warspite1

NO SPOILERS

Yes, a slow, steady start to the final series; what I would call a scene setter.

A few conversations were had that indicated perhaps the direction some characters will veer off toward.

In the absence of much gore, the demise of one, unheralded, northern lord excepted, it was nice to see six bewwbs make an appearance (she was a strange looking woman).

All the key players seemed to be back - no Gilly though which was a shame. Hopefully we've not seen the last of her.

Roll on episode 2......

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3025
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2019 6:46:32 PM   
Anachro

I'm still on season 1. I think I'll be on it for awhile.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3026
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2019 7:21:56 PM   
Kuokkanen

Shad from Australia tells about origin of magic swords. He isn't kid; he is father.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 3027
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2019 9:33:06 PM   
Zorch

In Bond 25 news, it was announced that actress-writer Phoebe Waller-Bridges has been hired to make Bond 25 funnier. Yes, really.
No word on whether she will appear onscreen, but Lea Seydoux and Naomie Harris are back. The villain has yet to be cast.

Attachment (3)

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 3028
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/16/2019 11:02:00 PM   
Ranger33

Rewatching Battlestar Galactica (2004 Version).

While some of the CGI hasn’t aged well, the show is still absolutely amazing. I love how the themes of the show capture the issues of the time but still stand on their own now. Great acting all around, lots of complex characters that are a joy to watch. Excellent watch if you have even a passing interest in sci-fi since most of it isn’t really confined to a sci-fi, that’s just the setting.

So say we all!

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3029
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/17/2019 1:20:43 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Rewatching Battlestar Galactica (2004 Version).

While some of the CGI hasn’t aged well, the show is still absolutely amazing. I love how the themes of the show capture the issues of the time but still stand on their own now. Great acting all around, lots of complex characters that are a joy to watch. Excellent watch if you have even a passing interest in sci-fi since most of it isn’t really confined to a sci-fi, that’s just the setting.

So say we all!

I love that show! The complete collection on Blu Ray was my birthday present last year.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 3030
Page:   <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  99 100 [101] 102 103   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI