Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 7/15/2018 12:35:16 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranged

Is it possible to disable having fighter/bomber bays seperate in this mod? I like my autorefits and it really annoys me that it only fits fighter bays and never bombers, and when it upgrades my Carrier/base design again after I modified it it's all gone again.

Unfortunately no. I never used auto-upgrades so I was not aware of the issue when I made it. Since bomber bays are just another type of fighter bays the computer has no way of knowing the difference between them. It just picks the most recent design and the I believe it will pick the first one in the components list if two are tied for most recent.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to Ranged)
Post #: 91
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 7/15/2018 5:34:35 AM   
Pocus

So how it works if they are the same for it? I mean when you add a bomber bay and a fighter bay, you get an allocation of bombers AND fighters. I'm intrigued!

AGEOD Team

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 92
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 7/15/2018 8:57:00 AM   
Ranged

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

quote:

Is it possible to disable having fighter/bomber bays seperate in this mod? I like my autorefits and it really annoys me that it only fits fighter bays and never bombers, and when it upgrades my Carrier/base design again after I modified it it's all gone again.

Unfortunately no. I never used auto-upgrades so I was not aware of the issue when I made it. Since bomber bays are just another type of fighter bays the computer has no way of knowing the difference between them. It just picks the most recent design and the I believe it will pick the first one in the components list if two are tied for most recent.

I mean it like, in the RetreatUE+Das+Your mod package, the bay separation is included. Is it possible to mod it back out? Through manual editing of some files? How would I do that?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 93
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 7/16/2018 1:33:14 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

quote:

Just delete the bomber bays from the components.txt file. Note that you will have to start a new game though as any time you change the number of components it breaks saved games.
I mean it like, in the RetreatUE+Das+Your mod package, the bay separation is included. Is it possible to mod it back out? Through manual editing of some files? How would I do that?

< Message edited by RogerBacon -- 7/16/2018 2:12:00 PM >

(in reply to Ranged)
Post #: 94
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 7/20/2018 9:18:34 PM   
SuperSchokoKeks

kinda confused right now, researched Super Lasers with Gizurean, but every design with this weapon is flagged as "non-buildable", but everything seems fine - Size, resources and such stuff. Technically I should be able to build that stuff, but here comes the funny part: via drop down menu (right click at planet) I can build the defence base or retrofit starports into the one with the Super Laser. Every menu else, nope

edit: It seems there's no issue with a carrier, I guess the game does not want to have bases/ports with Superlasers. Now I have to remove the manually from every automatic design, or to upgraded the designs it myself from now on (because automatic puts the latest tech on it and Super Laser overrides Death ray. Well).

< Message edited by SuperSchokoKeks -- 7/20/2018 10:03:12 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 95
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 8/23/2018 12:54:18 PM   
Hanekem

So, running the mod and noticed that the small icons of ships seem messed up, not a big deal as the big icons are right, but it is annoying (at least for Humans)

(in reply to Ranged)
Post #: 96
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 8/23/2018 2:06:42 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanekem

So, running the mod and noticed that the small icons of ships seem messed up, not a big deal as the big icons are right, but it is annoying (at least for Humans)

Can you post a screenshot? What do you mean by "messed up"?

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 97
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 8/23/2018 10:35:15 PM   
Hanekem

Seems it got fixed on a new load. I was seeing the small icons for ships, the ones in the design screen and when clicking on a yard, the small icons from other ships, like an explorer showed the silouethe of a small space station and the small space station showed that of a freighter and so on and so forth

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 98
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/2/2018 6:25:18 PM   
Omatkoicorko

More Ship Images: Each family of ships can have up to four more images for each class of ship. So you can have “destroyer”, “destroyer1”, … “destroyer4”.

this option does not work properly here... indeed i was able to see added image for Battleship, but also it made my carrier to use image for troop transport

< Message edited by Omatkoicorko -- 9/2/2018 6:26:03 PM >

(in reply to Hanekem)
Post #: 99
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/2/2018 7:17:47 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omatkoicorko

More Ship Images: Each family of ships can have up to four more images for each class of ship. So you can have “destroyer”, “destroyer1”, … “destroyer4”.

this option does not work properly here... indeed i was able to see added image for Battleship, but also it made my carrier to use image for troop transport

You can't add images to an existing game in progress other wise all the previous images will be off by the number of new ones you add as you found out. It only works for new games.

(in reply to Omatkoicorko)
Post #: 100
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/3/2018 12:50:16 PM   
Omatkoicorko

ahhh, got it, thanks!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 101
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/5/2018 3:22:53 AM   
tgram1224

First of all, just want to say as a new player to the game, amazing work to everyone involved in the modding community. It is quite inspiring. The multitude of incredible features RogerBacon has added is quite impressive.

That being said, I'm only having 2 minor problems with this mashup Das123 has so graciously provided to save a bit of headache that can come with combining mods sometimes, especially to the less tech-savvy.

1) The ctrl+; and ctrl+' buttons aren't doing anything. I've tried every combination of them to no avail. It's not a huge deal but I know I would use these buttons alot if I could get them to work.

2) I get an error when trying to use the ctrl+W function to order a passenger mission. Forums wont let me post the error here yet as it thinks I'm trying to post links. Also not a huge deal again but would be nice to have the option.

Everything else in the mod is working so far.
Any help as to whether these problems persist at all in the original Bacon mod would be helpful and this might also not be the place to post this. Thanks!

(in reply to nicodede62)
Post #: 102
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/5/2018 2:08:25 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgram1224

First of all, just want to say as a new player to the game, amazing work to everyone involved in the modding community. It is quite inspiring. The multitude of incredible features RogerBacon has added is quite impressive.

That being said, I'm only having 2 minor problems with this mashup Das123 has so graciously provided to save a bit of headache that can come with combining mods sometimes, especially to the less tech-savvy.

1) The ctrl+; and ctrl+' buttons aren't doing anything. I've tried every combination of them to no avail. It's not a huge deal but I know I would use these buttons alot if I could get them to work.

2) I get an error when trying to use the ctrl+W function to order a passenger mission. Forums wont let me post the error here yet as it thinks I'm trying to post links. Also not a huge deal again but would be nice to have the option.

Everything else in the mod is working so far.
Any help as to whether these problems persist at all in the original Bacon mod would be helpful and this might also not be the place to post this. Thanks!

Hi. Glad you are enjoying the mod.

1 If you mean the alt+ctrl menu then just make sure you are pressing alt (and holding it down) before pressing (and holding down) the ctrl key.
2 Make sure your source and destination are set in the passenger.txt file.

(in reply to tgram1224)
Post #: 103
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 9/25/2018 2:24:46 PM   
RogerBacon

After playing this mod for awhile and watching other's play it, I've reached the conclusion that missiles are overpowered. In my own version I've cut their range from the super-long 1200 down to 400. The other balancing issue is that the super-missiles (Caslon, et al) do a huge amount of damage which should be balanced by their slow fire rate but due to the fact that a weapon doesn't fire again while their projectile is on-screen means that these missiles are actually overpowered. Balancing these weapons is a little harder. Slowing down the projectile speed is a good start but more may be needed.

Also, the ship templates for bases could use some tractor beams to help keep invading transports away.

These are just my opinions so feel free to ignore them.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 104
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 10/6/2018 6:37:57 PM   
RevReese

Hi all,
I have recently discovered the RetreatUE mod and wondered what exactly is included with this mod?

I am using BaconMod 1.75, DASChromeUI 1.5b, DW Extended Universe 1.0.3, Extended AI Improvement Mod 1.05, GEM2.4 and TG Sound Effects Mod v1.02.

All are merged into one "Theme" and seem to work together no problem (so far!).
I have read the readme from RetreatUE to get an idea what it adds, but that does not seem to answer my question on what mods are included with it.

Can I install and use this mod alongside the ones i already have? does it include some of them already?

Sorry for the newbie question but i am a little confused! I just want to add RetreatUE while keeping my current mod list if possible.

Also, before following the steps on the first post, can i manually update the BaconMod after as it has been updated in the RetreatUE folder since it has been updated since that post?

Thank you for your time.

< Message edited by RevReese -- 10/6/2018 6:57:56 PM >

Husband, Gamer, Modder, Reader, Writer, Blogger!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 105
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 10/6/2018 9:10:43 PM   
Retreat1970

RetreatUE is built on top of this:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3834204

(in reply to RevReese)
Post #: 106
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 10/6/2018 9:54:30 PM   
RevReese

Thanks for your speedy reply!

To clarify, the mod already contains: Extended, DASChrome UI and Improved AI? Would this replace my current mod setup? I like using the mods i already have installed but don't want to miss out on this great sounding mod!

I assume all the included sub mods are up to date so i can just install and go without worrying about compatibility?

Sorry for not understanding, but i am still a little hazy on integrating this mod with my setup.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 107
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 10/7/2018 3:07:09 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevReese

Thanks for your speedy reply!

To clarify, the mod already contains: Extended, DASChrome UI and Improved AI? Would this replace my current mod setup? I like using the mods i already have installed but don't want to miss out on this great sounding mod!

I assume all the included sub mods are up to date so i can just install and go without worrying about compatibility?

Sorry for not understanding, but i am still a little hazy on integrating this mod with my setup.

quote:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3834204

It sounds like you already have everything included in this mod.

(in reply to RevReese)
Post #: 108
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 10/7/2018 10:43:20 AM   
RevReese

Thanks for your reply!
Ah i see, that is what i was starting to think.
In that case, i will stick with my current install. But will keep an eye on this one to make future installations quicker.
I have just updated the Baconmod (which is awesome thanks for all your work Roger!) and about to start a new game.

Thanks guys for the help :)

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 109
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 12/25/2018 5:52:54 AM   
Tcby

Hi Das, thank you for compiling your mod with these other gems. I hacked together my own working version in January, but this is nicer! It's usually a long time in between visits to the matrix forums and I am always so pleased to see people are still doing great things in these parts.

With that out of the way, I've noticed a small issue. Was it intentional to delete the unique characters from each race? I see that the Visareen still have their unique leader, but after clicking through about half a dozen races I wasn't able to find any of their usual starting characters. The Ugnari and Ketarov, for example, are meant to start with unique intelligence agents but they have been deleted from their character file. The Zenox are missing their scientist Randul. Etc.

I'm guessing it is a bug to do with the mod editor, because all the races I have checked have the line at the top that says:
'Distant Worlds - Characters - 1.9.0.0 - Modded by the Distant Worlds Mod Editor by Sabranan'

The only one I have found which does not include that line happens to be the visareen, who have retained their unique leader.

I am happy to copy over the old character files from a different theme but thought you'd want to know. I think the race specific characters add a bit to the game :)

(in reply to RevReese)
Post #: 110
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 12/25/2018 7:02:29 AM   
Sabranan

The Retreat UE mod only has character files for the "visareen" and "core" races. The modding tool will create empty character files for any missing races if you choose to output the characters, but this can lead to a situation where you might lose characters if the mod was designed to rely on the default DW files for the default DW races.

Easiest way to resolve is just to copy all the DW default character files into the mod folder and overwrite the blank files the tool creates.

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 111
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 12/26/2018 2:48:11 AM   
Tcby

Thanks for the clarification Sabranan!

This is my first time seeing your mod tool. Awesome stuff! I've fixed and made a lot of DW typos over the years so I really appreciate a tool that eliminates that possibility. I'm looking forward to downloading it and giving it a go :)

I've already fixed up my installation but hopefully Das sees this sometime in the new year and re-uploads a version that doesn't accidentally wipe the character sheets. Most players probably won't realise that they need to manually restore those files.

(in reply to Sabranan)
Post #: 112
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 2/23/2019 5:10:49 PM   
Arturo28

Hello, I am a completely ignorant modding games.
Can you tell me how (in detail) to modify mod files to have fighters as bacon mod says?

Thanks in advance

< Message edited by Arturo28 -- 2/23/2019 5:11:20 PM >

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 113
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/11/2019 10:55:31 PM   
Anthropoid

Which mods are recommendable with this DasBaconRetreat soup?

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 4/11/2019 10:57:25 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Ranged)
Post #: 114
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 2:01:48 AM   
Retreat1970

None. Or cosmetic only. Anything bigger will break it. But why would you need more? You've read what the 3 combined mods are correct?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 115
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 1:10:30 PM   
Anthropoid

I skimmed over the "List of 41" thread and Bacon + this one stood out as the biggie must-haves. I had in the past used Das Chrome for certain and loved it, but it has been so long since I played the game the extent of its changes are a bit foggy.

The main thing I was pondering was a mod which expands the Tech Tree, e.g., Research Unleashed by Osito.

I am also trying to get Osito's "Galactic Map" to work with this theme so that I can play as Humans starting on Earth in a galaxy that approximates the actual Milky Way.

I'm not super enthused about doing a bunch of file shuffling and string editing fu to get stuff integrated together . . . But I am curious if there is anything relatively easy and harmonious that runs well with this soup. Sounds like no

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 4/12/2019 1:14:06 PM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

Post #: 116
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 1:30:26 PM   
Osito

Fyi, the Retreat mod already includes a big part of Research Unleashed.

Research Unleashed gives you:
The Research mod
Haree's races
Das Chrome
Part of Icemania's AI mod

I believe the Retreat mod gives you all of the above (well, most of the Unleashed mod) + various other changes (some of which relate to the economics of the game) and increased difficulty. I'm sure someone else can give a better description.

So you either pick one or the other, depending on what you're looking for.

Osito

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 117
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 5:31:41 PM   
Retreat1970

RetreatUE is based off of Unleashed Extended 2 which is based off of Research Unleashed. It has all of what Osito mentioned except for Icemania's mod which I rebuilt from scratch. Games should be challenging as I streamlined the AI's as much as possible. I don't remember all the details anymore though since I haven't played in probably 2 years now.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 118
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 7:44:15 PM   
Anthropoid

Ah thanks guys! Sounds like the Bacon+RetreatUE+Chrome gots all the bases covered!

Post #: 119
RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome - 4/12/2019 10:21:31 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Ah thanks guys! Sounds like the Bacon+RetreatUE+Chrome gots all the bases covered!

It's one stop shopping. :)

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI