Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  100 101 [102] 103 104   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/25/2019 5:25:42 PM   
Zorch

The cast for the still untitled Bond 25 has been released...

Edit: Sadly Brie Larson will not be appearing, as she is in some super, ultra hyped film opening soon.

Attachment (3)

< Message edited by Zorch -- 4/25/2019 5:27:33 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3031
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/25/2019 5:41:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

warspite1

There was a rumour that Lenny the Lobster was going to get a cameo role - any truth to the rumours Zorch?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3032
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/25/2019 8:38:11 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

There was a rumour that Lenny the Lobster was going to get a cameo role - any truth to the rumours Zorch?

Only if Blofeld adopts a lobster to replace his cat. A lobster with frickin lasers.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3033
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/25/2019 8:54:54 PM   
warspite1

Sorry, did you say:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3034
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/26/2019 11:12:54 AM   
RFalvo69

The Vietnam War, on Netflix, by Ken Burns. Ten episodes. Really, really well done, with testimonies from all parts (from Viet Congs to US Marines) and a s**tload of images and videos from the era (those journalists were crazy: they filmed the battles while standing in the middle of the firefights ).

One remarkable thing is how there is neither hate nor fanaticism in the testimonies. You really get a picture of the war and the events surrounding it as in was seen by the various parties. Truly a first rate production.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3035
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/26/2019 2:53:35 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

(those journalists were crazy: they filmed the battles while standing in the middle of the firefights ).

I might have read from somewhere (Heavy Metal: A Tank Company's Battle to Baghdad) they have still done that much more recently.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 3036
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 12:34:36 PM   
warspite1

Massive SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you are not completely up to date with Game of Thrones Season 8 – episode 3

Well it’s sad to know it’s not just war films that can’t get battles right. If you are one of those disappointed by Fury – and countless other films where (typically) the dumb arse Germans throw themselves at tanks, machine guns or whatever without a brain cell or a tactical thought in sight, then you will likely be horrified by Game of Thrones.

Firstly, what the hell were the Dothraki doing?? We’ve been told for 7 seasons that Westeros is facing the undead who can’t be beaten in a conventional sense. So what does Jon (So you really do know nothing) Snow decide to do? Put his cavalry in the front of the line and then – not even waiting for the undead to come in range where infantry support would be available – orders them to ride off to meet their maker in a charge that (as a wise man once said) makes the Charge of the Light Brigade look like a sensible military operation.

The only small saving grace was that the scene that unfolded was tragically poignant as the watching infantry in front of Winterfell could only watch impotently as, in the distance, the Dothraki’s flaming swords (courtesy of Lady Melisandre – where the hell did she come from - and why couldn't she have used the devil baby thing that killed Renly on the Night King?) are extinguished one by one as their owner becomes one of the Night King’s army (on a strictly conscription basis you understand).

But where is the attention to detail that made earlier series so well crafted? Daenarys has discovered that Sansa and the North are not prepared to play ball, should they survive, and then an even bigger bombshell – she has only just been told she has a legitimate rival for the Iron Throne in YKNJS. So what does she do? She doesn’t even raise an eyebrow – let alone argue against – the fact that the Dothraki will be thrown into the undead mincing machine…. With Greyworm and his Unsullied chums deployed in full-on 'forlorn hope' mode (covering the withdrawals of surviving infantry back into Winterfell) that’s her army gone….right….

But then why didn’t they pull everyone behind the flaming trench which presented an initial barrier to the NK’s army? Then, while the undead were standing there, pondering the conundrum of how to get past the fire (and before they realized they could snuff out the flames by using the well-known, self-immolation-by-snuffing-out-the-flames-with-one’s-body-technique) the dragons could do their stuff – with the Dothraki mopping up?

It’s difficult to imagine even Stannis Baratheon being this bad had he been in charge…. in fact that battle plan was so bad it must have come straight out of the German Infantryman's handbook (Hollywood stylee).

And please? Can someone tell me what the hell was the point of Brann, and the whole three-eyed Raven thing or whatever???

Come on baby light my er.... sword

Into the valley of Death Rode the Dothraki.... and a Direwolf

The look that says "I've just seen the NK's Army for the first time...."

Attachment (3)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/30/2019 3:49:16 PM >

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 3037
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 1:19:16 PM   
CGGrognard

To add to this military blunder, their use of catapults was dismal. Not only did they only use them when the Calvary was in their charge to the meat grinder, they had them positioned in front of the infantry!
Also, these same catapults were postioned in front of the outer barricades, leaving them vulnerable to the Dead Army.
Don't get me started on the archers.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3038
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 2:33:13 PM   
terje439

quote:

Massive SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you are not completely up to date with Game of Thrones Season 8 – episode 3

But where is the attention to detail that made earlier series so well crafted?

This. So much this.
Also the episode was so dark that it was hard to see at times. When you compare this episode to "The battle of the bastards", the latter wins in every way.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3039
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 2:46:59 PM   
Lecivius

Agree with all said about GoT. It was, however, awesome to watch the flaming sword charge from the Dany/Jon view. And it was chilling to watch the flames go out, one by one.

I did guess the ending, though, 2 years ago. My son thinks I am psychic

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3040
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 4:19:49 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

But where is the attention to detail that made earlier series so well crafted?

This. So much this.
Also the episode was so dark that it was hard to see at times. When you compare this episode to "The battle of the bastards", the latter wins in every way.

With regard to the dark picture, read this: https://gizmodo.com/a-theory-about-why-last-nights-game-of-thrones-was-too-1834379081 TVs are complicated!

It was a poor use of the Dothraki...but if they were positioned behind the infantry/archers maybe they would have ridden them down, as the French cavalry did at Crecy/Poitiers/Agincourt (I forget which). Ideally they should have been dismounted behind the trench...but did they ever fight dismounted?

Bran sees all, knows all, does nothing.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3041
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 4:34:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

...but did they ever fight dismounted?

warspite1

Yes, on Monday, the moment they got to the 100,000+ army of the dead .

They didn't need to be within the barricade. They could have been in the rear, but outside, out of sight waiting for the order to pounce once the fire barricade and the attentions of Drogon and Rhaegal had done their thang.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/30/2019 4:35:22 PM >

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3042
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 5:42:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius
I did guess the ending, though, 2 years ago. My son thinks I am psycho

Me too: "Almost everybody dies". Close enough.

BTW, fixed your post for you too.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 3043
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 5:45:25 PM   
warspite1

So with 3 episodes to go, what is the position (assuming the NK is actually dead and that whole storyline incl. Brann is now defunct)?

Daenarys presumably has a few Dothraki and Unsullied left – but probably not many. But she still has 1 or 2 dragons I think – so that is always a useful bargaining chip! Presumably she still has a hard-on for the Iron Throne and though Ser Jorah is dead, she has the support of Tyrion and Lord Varys (although the latter two don’t know the truth about JS yet) and of course Grey worm for a bit of muscle.

Sansa is now the undisputed air to the North (whether Queen or Lady is TBD) and has told Daenarys that the North are not going to bend the knee. What sort of army can she muster? Her most gutsy ally (small in stature but big on balls) is dead, and Lord Percy was in no rush to fight against the NK’s Army. So not great presumably, and certainly nothing to match the dragons. But if the Mother of Dragons gets stroppy with Sansa, then would this affect how Tyrion and perhaps Varys feel about her?

Jon Snow should be seen as the saviour of the north now, after all, he got the army together. But it was a Stark, Arya, that defeated the NK and, provided there is no dumb sibling rivalry about to surface, Arya gives strength to Sansa’s hand surely. Remember what she said to YKNJS in episode 1 or 2 – something to the effect that he should not forget his family (even though they aren't actually his family any more!). Sansa then, likely has the support of Arya and also Lady Brienne (that’s an impressive bodyguard double-act) and the sympathies of Tyrion and Varys.

But back to Jon Snow, where does he fit into all this now. Some in the north felt he betrayed them by bending the knee on their behalf, but now the person who bent the knee is not even a Stark/Snow hybrid – he’s a Targaryen. But a Targaryen who is potentially a threat to Daenarys. But does he want the crown or would he be happy to step aside and allow his aunt to rule the Seven Kingdoms? But even if he is, he too presumably would not wish to alienate Sansa (and that brings us to Arya’s comment again). I don’t think it’s in the nature of GoT (as per real life) for the two leaders to show wisdom, but instead to decide that they will take/keep by force what they can’t get/keep any other way.

And what about the Wildlings? Again they must be tiny in number but they won’t bend the knee to the MoD if they wouldn’t bend the knee to John Snow. What is their reward for seeing off the NK? Are they sent packing north of the wall (which needs something of a re-build by the way?) or will they perhaps become assimilated in the North?

Yara, now on Pike, presumably will stay loyal to the MoD (it’s clear she would like to bring the alliance closer (if you know what I mean fnarr fnarr)) but doesn’t have much of a fleet or an army to do anything with. Euron is more a threat to her than she can be of help to Danaerys.

And Jamie? What happens to him now? Has he finally realised that Cersei isn’t made of sugar and spice and all things nice? But if so where does his allegiance lie? Hopefully with Brienne as these two really need to be getting it on.

But then there is the small matter of Cersei (remember her?) the wonderful Qyburn, and the waaaay over the top Euron. So she’s sent Bronn to kill Jamie and Tyrion – but that surely is not going to happen, and has presumably been using the Golden Company and the Lannister Army to take the rest of Westeros while the NK has kept her enemies busy. One gets the feeling that her and Euron are going to fall out big time at some point....

So her plan was to defeat whoever was left after the big battle, but she is still two dragons short of a er….a picnic or something.

So, does the internecine squabbling ooop north play out first, or do the protagonists continue to suspend hostilities while they take on Cersei?
And what does all this mean for the really likeable but smaller characters that survived? Does the defeat of the NK mean we’ve seen the last of Sam and Gilly – or will Sam seek revenge against Danaerys for the death of his dad and brother?

What does Clegane do now? He really needs to stop the fighting what with the PTSD and all. But I get the feeling that he and Arya are kind of linked…. and the Mountain must still be on her list… and his if he had one.

Equally does Bronn follow through with his mission or does he take the sensible route and team up with Tyrion again?

And then there is the gorgeous Missandei. I suspect her fate remains linked to the MoD, but what will that be? Let's hope she and Grey Worm can live life out in peace on Naath and they can employ Qyburn to fix him a new sword (if you know what I mean) to allow baby Missandei's and Grey Worms.

And after all this Pod can't die (and should be adopted by Brienne) and nor can Gendry (who should marry Arya)

So many questions, and with just 3 episodes to go let’s hope the series gets back on track and provides some really good answers in true Game of Thrones styleee

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/30/2019 6:45:45 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3044
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 5:48:23 PM   
Chickenboy

I had a big long post 'eaten' by the server. Won't redo it.

Suffice to say that I noted many of these tactical oversights too. What a waste of fine light cavalry, light infantry and siege weapons. Placement and timed use of these elements was inexplicably stupid.

Brann's contributions as the Yin/Yang of the Night King could have been so much more interesting. The most interesting approach to the timeless struggles between life:death; night:day; darkness:light; hope:despair was to use him as bait? For an inexplicably placed sibling with a shiny dagger?

The episode gets an A for special effects and cinematography. An F for military plausibility / sensibility. A D for opportunities squandered. Overall, a serviceable but hardly triumphant effort.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 4/30/2019 5:49:01 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3045
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:18:53 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
BTW, fixed your post for you too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3046
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:45:17 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

So with 3 episodes to go, what is the position (assuming the NK is actually dead and that whole storyline incl. Brann is now defunct)?

Daenarys presumably has a few Dothraki and Unsullied left – but probably not many. But she still has 1 or 2 dragons I think – so that is always a useful bargaining chip! Presumably she still has a hard-on for the Iron Throne and though Ser Jorah is dead, she has the support of Tyrion and Lord Varys (although the latter two don’t know the truth about JS yet) and of course Grey worm for a bit of muscle.

Don't forget-with their 'renewed vows' in the crypt, Tyrion is the perfect candidate to act as a conciliator between Daenarys and Sansa now. Pity about the squandered implementation of Gray Worm and the Dothraki.

quote:

Sansa is now the undisputed Queen of the North and has told Daenarys that the North are not going to bend the knee. What sort of army can she muster? Her most gutsy ally (small in stature but big on balls) is dead, and Lord Percy was in no rush to fight against the NK’s Army. So not great presumably, and certainly nothing to match the dragons. But if the Mother of Dragons gets stroppy with Sansa, then would this affect how Tyrion and perhaps Varys feel about her?

Sansa's North has been beaten down and depopulated to the extreme. They are not in a condition to field anything approaching an army to challenge Cersei at this point.

quote:

Jon Snow should be seen as the saviour of the north now, after all, he got the army together. But it was a Stark, Arya, that defeated the NK and, provided there is no dumb sibling rivalry about to surface, Arya gives strength to Sansa’s hand surely. Remember what she said to YKNJS in episode 1 or 2 – something to the effect that he should not forget his family (even though they aren't actually his family any more!). Sansa then, likely has the support of Arya and also Lady Brienne (that’s an impressive bodyguard double-act) and the sympathies of Tyrion and Varys.

Aye, but remember also that Arya and Jon Snow were very close. I envision her fealty divided between Sansa and Jon-equally. If Lady Brienne is preferential to Sansa then Daenerys is preferential to Jon. Back to an effective deadlock for leadership claims.

quote:

But back to Jon Snow, where does he fit into all this now. Some in the north felt he betrayed them by bending the knee on their behalf, but now the person who bent the knee is not even a Stark/Snow hybrid – he’s a Targaryen. But a Targaryen who is potentially a threat to Daenarys. But does he want the crown or would he be happy to step aside and allow his aunt to rule the Seven Kingdoms? But even if he is, he too presumably would not wish to alienate Sansa (and that brings us to Arya’s comment again). I don’t think it’s in the nature of GoT (as per real life) for the two leaders to show wisdom, but instead to decide that they will take/keep by force what they can’t get/keep any other way.

What makes you think that this will be determined in finality in the next three episodes? The fight between fierce independence and self-determination versus political/military/economic dependence (subservience?) to a greater neighboring power is an ongoing global issue. Brexit anyone?

The North has shot its bolt. We need more information vis a vis Cersei's slice of the plot pie to move onwards and speculate.

Also, please allow me to note that the proudly independent Northerers are likely to be at odds with Euro-n soon over their position and standing in the future world. Coincidence?

quote:

Yara, now on Pike, presumably will stay loyal to the MoD (it’s clear she would like to bring the alliance closer (if you know what I mean fnarr fnarr)) but doesn’t have much of a fleet or an army to do anything with. Euron is more a threat to her than she can be of help to Danaerys.

I agree. Which is why she will play an outsized role in the remaining episodes and 'punch above her weight'. Dunno how yet, but this is my bold prediction. Perhaps Euron is ursurped by her in a manner unseen yet.

quote:

And Jamie? What happens to him now? Has he finally realised that Cersei isn’t made of sugar and spice and all things nice? But if so where does his allegiance lie? Hopefully with Brienne as these two really need to be getting it on.

But then there is the small matter of Cersei (remember her?) the wonderful Qyburn, and the waaaay over the top Euron. So she’s sent Bronn to kill Jamie and Tyrion – but that surely is not going to happen, and has presumably been using the Golden Company and the Lannister Army to take the rest of Westeros while the NK has kept her enemies busy. One gets the feeling that her and Euron are going to fall out big time at some point....

I think Jamie is unlikely to reconcile with his former lover/sister. Moreso when he gets word from Bronn (next episode?) of his unaccepted assassination task. I can't envision him being more than a bit cast member at this point: He's defacto no longer a Lannister. He's one-handed. Committed to humanity, the living and justice (therefore at odds with Cersei). No money. No army to lead. Just his slow boil contretemps with Brienne.

quote:

So her plan was to defeat whoever was left after the big battle, but she is still two dragons short of a er….a picnic or something.

So, does the internecine squabbling ooop north play out first, or do the protagonists continue to suspend hostilities while they take on Cersei?
And what does all this mean for the really likeable but smaller characters that survived? Does the defeat of the NK mean we’ve seen the last of Sam and Gilly – or will Sam seek revenge against Danaerys for the death of his dad and brother?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gilly get dragged off by the undead and chewed up while in the crypt?

quote:

What does Clegane do now? He really needs to stop the fighting what with the PTSD and all. But I get the feeling that he and Arya are kind of linked…. and the Mountain must still be on her list… and his if he had one.

They've alluded several times that Clegane's raison d'etre at this point is to 'off' his brother. End of last season: "We know how this ends. You and I."

quote:

Equally does Bronn follow through with his mission or does he take the sensible route and team up with Tyrion again?

And then there is the gorgeous Missandei. I suspect her fate remains linked to the MoD, but what will that be? Let's hope she and Grey Worm can live life out in peace on Naath and they can employ Qyburn to fix him a new sword (if you know what I mean) to allow baby Missandei's and Grey Worms.

And after all this Pod can't die (and should be adopted by Brienne) and nor can Gendry (who should marry Arya)

So many questions, and with just 3 episodes to go let’s hope the series gets back on track and provides some really good answers in true Game of Thrones styleee

Bronn will not follow through with his mission. He'll be palling up with Tyrion and Jamie Lannister before long.

Gray Worm / Missandei are a thing, but they're not done yet with Daenerys' wars.

Big question: Does Cersei live? If so, how? If not, who 'offs' her?

I also see a major issue with the upcoming Golden company deployment to Westeros. They've been hired on credit. That credit got turned into a molten slag with the dragons' annihlation of the money caravan from High Garden. So Cersei is in arrears. Big time. To the Iron Bank-not known for their charitable extension of credit. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Golden company withdrawn for lack of payment. Just at some erstwhile key moment. Watch for it you heard it here first.

Cersei in arrears? Charitable extension? Withdrawn? I need to go take a cold shower.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 4/30/2019 6:46:20 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3047
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:46:17 PM   
Zorch

What about the prophecy of Azor Ahai, Lord of Light? This has to happen (or not happen) before the end. Remember the weird dream Daenerys had?

The Iron Bank will be heard from, too. Just wait until Mycroft from Sherlock decides to abandon Cersei. No way she paid off the entire Lannister debt. The Golden Company will change sides err the end.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 3048
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:48:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

The Iron Bank will be heard from, too. Just wait until Mycroft from Sherlock decides to abandon Cersei. No way she paid off the entire Lannister debt. The Golden Company will change sides err the end.

I said it first.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3049
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:49:26 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

What about the prophecy of Azor Ahai, Lord of Light? This has to happen (or not happen) before the end. Remember the weird dream Daenerys had?

No, I honestly don't. Refresh my memory, si vous plais?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3050
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:50:11 PM   
terje439

Warspite forgot to mention Yara. Will she succeed in retaking the Iron Islands? Will she come back for the final battle?

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 3051
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:51:15 PM   
warspite1

quote:

.....but didn't Gilly get dragged off by the undead and chewed up while in the crypt?

warspite1

You are kidding me - that did not happen - did it?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3052
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:52:14 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Warspite forgot to mention Yara. Will she succeed in retaking the Iron Islands? Will she come back for the final battle?
warspite1

Not so old bean - re-read, she's defo there

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3053
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:52:39 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Don't forget-with their 'renewed vows' in the crypt, Tyrion is the perfect candidate to act as a conciliator between Daenarys and Sansa now. Pity about the squandered implementation of Gray Worm and the Dothraki.

quote:

Sansa is now the undisputed Queen of the North and has told Daenarys that the North are not going to bend the knee. What sort of army can she muster? Her most gutsy ally (small in stature but big on balls) is dead, and Lord Percy was in no rush to fight against the NK’s Army. So not great presumably, and certainly nothing to match the dragons. But if the Mother of Dragons gets stroppy with Sansa, then would this affect how Tyrion and perhaps Varys feel about her?

Sansa's North has been beaten down and depopulated to the extreme. They are not in a condition to field anything approaching an army to challenge Cersei at this point.

quote:

Aye, but remember also that Arya and Jon Snow were very close. I envision her fealty divided between Sansa and Jon-equally. If Lady Brienne is preferential to Sansa then Daenerys is preferential to Jon. Back to an effective deadlock for leadership claims.

quote:

What makes you think that this will be determined in finality in the next three episodes? The fight between fierce independence and self-determination versus political/military/economic dependence (subservience?) to a greater neighboring power is an ongoing global issue. Brexit anyone?

The North has shot its bolt. We need more information vis a vis Cersei's slice of the plot pie to move onwards and speculate.

Also, please allow me to note that the proudly independent Northerers are likely to be at odds with Euro-n soon over their position and standing in the future world. Coincidence?

quote:

I agree. Which is why she will play an outsized role in the remaining episodes and 'punch above her weight'. Dunno how yet, but this is my bold prediction. Perhaps Euron is ursurped by her in a manner unseen yet.

quote:

I think Jamie is unlikely to reconcile with his former lover/sister. Moreso when he gets word from Bronn (next episode?) of his unaccepted assassination task. I can't envision him being more than a bit cast member at this point: He's defacto no longer a Lannister. He's one-handed. Committed to humanity, the living and justice (therefore at odds with Cersei). No money. No army to lead. Just his slow boil contretemps with Brienne.

quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gilly get dragged off by the undead and chewed up while in the crypt?

quote:

They've alluded several times that Clegane's raison d'etre at this point is to 'off' his brother. End of last season: "We know how this ends. You and I."

quote:

Bronn will not follow through with his mission. He'll be palling up with Tyrion and Jamie Lannister before long.

Gray Worm / Missandei are a thing, but they're not done yet with Daenerys' wars.

Big question: Does Cersei live? If so, how? If not, who 'offs' her?

I also see a major issue with the upcoming Golden company deployment to Westeros. They've been hired on credit. That credit got turned into a molten slag with the dragons' annihlation of the money caravan from High Garden. So Cersei is in arrears. Big time. To the Iron Bank-not known for their charitable extension of credit. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Golden company withdrawn for lack of payment. Just at some erstwhile key moment. Watch for it you heard it here first.

Cersei in arrears? Charitable extension? Withdrawn? I need to go take a cold shower.

Great minds think alike (but so do not-so-great ones).

Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei. Unless she does a Cleopatra.

The Hound and the Mountain will kill each other.

The trailer for next week shows 2 dragons...one is enough to win a war.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3054
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:53:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I thought Arya was Azor Ahai? Or am I talking sloblocks as usual?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3055
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:53:28 PM   
terje439

quote:

With regard to the dark picture, read this: https://gizmodo.com/a-theory-about-why-last-nights-game-of-thrones-was-too-1834379081 TVs are complicated!

Fair enough, but imo still a massive mistake by the producers to make it so that a show you stream at home should be seen in a movie theatre

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3056
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:54:48 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

"According to the prophecy of the One Who Was Promised, the One, a prophesied savior in the religion of R'hllor who is the reincarnation of legendary hero Azor Ahai, is destined to “lead the people against a darkness” by wielding a flaming sword called Lightbringer." Mel could tell you, if she hadn't gone hara-kiri.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3057
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:55:05 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

I have not seen this. If so, this makes me smile. I was saddened by the thought of 2 having been killed.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 3058
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 6:59:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

.....but didn't Gilly get dragged off by the undead and chewed up while in the crypt?

quote:

warspite1

You are kidding me - that did not happen - did it?

Apparently, I imagined it in the gloom that was the lighting of the episode:

From "Time" magazine:

Gilly and little Sam both survived the wights’ terrifying assault on the Winterfell crypts. Hopefully Sam can take some much-needed comfort in the fact that his family lived through the night even if some of his friends didn’t.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 4/30/2019 7:02:23 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3059
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/30/2019 7:03:25 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

I have not seen this. If so, this makes me smile. I was saddened by the thought of 2 having been killed.

Yes, the one that had a bad case of 'zombie dandruff' survived. Both are still around. I wonder what their service ratings are (a WiTP:AE joke there that was) ?

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 3060
Page:   <<   < prev  100 101 [102] 103 104   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  100 101 [102] 103 104   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI