Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any New News Updates??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Any New News Updates?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/21/2019 1:59:27 AM   
Jugger

Hi FroBodine. These are independent developers working on behalf of Matrix/Slitherine. Field of Glory - Empires(AGEOD) and Fantasy General 2(Owned by Gravity) while the team working on "The Bloody first" is Matrix games. Not sure if they would all have the same PR/Marketing team but I would highly doubt it. In any case I hope we are provided with some news on this soon as we have all been very patient waiting for this one

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 61
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/21/2019 4:49:16 AM   
shadepiece

I have to agree with Fro. It's frankly saddening how little marketing this game has had. I also have no idea what went so wrong with the development that it's taken this long. I would have loved to had a game with the old engine two or three years ago to fill the void.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 62
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/21/2019 7:51:17 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

I also have no idea what went so wrong with the development that it's taken this long.

I go to resume it for you. At 2014 or before, the TBF was started by a small team to be made in Unity3D. Time later, they discovered how the game made in Unity3D was very very very bad for modding and they wanted release a game which public could edit at 100%, in Unity3D, you can not edit the most of the stuff, it is a true fact. Just some textures and code was insuficient.

So, they took the stuff from Unity3D and they made it in the engine from Slitherine named Archon. It can be edited at 100%.
I suppose how Archon how in addition Archon does not require to pay by to use the engine. It gives better profits.

The move to the Archon game took more time that they thought. It is a game created by a small team, we do not speak from the large teams composed by 100 workers, probably here there are not more of 6 persons or only one.

At the end, the main problem was be so perfect to release a game as the true believers we wanted.

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 63
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/21/2019 2:58:18 PM   
Bsoky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

So, they took the stuff from Unity3D and they made it in the engine from Slitherine named Archon. It can be edited at 100%.

Now that is the kind of news i like to hear, that is a real good move by the devs. Having the game moddable is amongst the best thing you can do for your game imo.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 64
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/22/2019 6:14:23 AM   
shadepiece

I fully appreciate the idea of the fully moddable game, but it still seems that Matrix/Slitherine haven't provided much support, at the very least on the front of marketing and exposure.

(in reply to Bsoky)
Post #: 65
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/22/2019 7:43:39 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: shadepiece

I fully appreciate the idea of the fully moddable game, but it still seems that Matrix/Slitherine haven't provided much support, at the very least on the front of marketing and exposure.

quote:

haven't provided much support, at the very least on the front of marketing and exposure.

I can not agree with this, I have received always a lot of support with mods from Slitherine/Matrix. About marketing. They have showed the early version from the game. There are a lot of information and they will show more when they have more finished. They do not go to show you pure theater.

What do you want? them showing you each unit as I make with my mods? being realistic, it takes time, money and they have not time for this.

Anyway, the game is under testing in the beta.

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 66
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/23/2019 3:40:21 PM   
shadepiece

I would like to see a little bit of gameplay. Maybe a small demonstration of how some old mechanics work in the new engine. I'm really not asking for a whole lot here.

Also, maybe some news on how the beta tests are going. They announced that a couple months ago, and it's been radio silence ever since. I also would like a projected schedule. Doesn't have to be concrete, but if you have beta tests going on then I would like to think they are at least getting close to done.

Post #: 67
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/23/2019 8:57:45 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Unfortunately you must wait to see a demostration or info about how the Beta goes. Your unique alternative is if you are accepted in the Beta.

But I see as a good point do not see anybody leaving screaming the beta.

Of course, perhaps Pips or other developer can tell us about it. But being realistic, I can wait, I have been waiting 5 years for the release and now I can wait more without problems.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 4/23/2019 9:00:18 PM >

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 68
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/24/2019 3:21:55 PM   
shadepiece

Yeah, fair enough. I just love these games, and I am of course looking forward to this one. I just hope they don't drop the series after this game. With all the issues they've had I could imagine dropping the series has come up.

Post #: 69
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/24/2019 6:44:46 PM   
ringoblood

With a new Engine i doubt it, this is a new beginning this open the door to new series of games and remakes in the new engine to continue the fun, so i would not worry about that. I think the reason for the secretary and time delay is because they want to get this one right bc it is the launching pad to a whole new window of opportunity.

< Message edited by ringoblood -- 4/24/2019 6:47:47 PM >

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 70
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/24/2019 9:01:40 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: shadepiece

Yeah, fair enough. I just love these games, and I am of course looking forward to this one. I just hope they don't drop the series after this game. With all the issues they've had I could imagine dropping the series has come up.

I am sure how they will continue working in the series after the TBF and this game can be modded at 100% probably.

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 71
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 9:45:49 AM   
TDefender

quote:

What do you want? them showing you each unit as I make with my mods? being realistic, it takes time, money and they have not time for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxaj5YkmKCo&feature=youtu.be

That's a simple, fresh example, just from Slitherine and for a game which has just been announced.
It doesn't take money or a lot of time, the problem is different: in this case there's a game
which their devs are not "unhappy" or "afraid" to show ...

< Message edited by TDefender -- 4/25/2019 9:51:23 AM >

Post #: 72
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 10:06:05 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: TDefender

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxaj5YkmKCo&feature=youtu.be

That's a simple, fresh example, just from Slitherine and for a game which has just been announced.
It doesn't take money or a lot of time, the problem is different: in this case there's a game

quote:

Your comparation is absurb because Fantasy General II has been announced few time ago, before you had not idea about if anybody were developing this. In the other way, Bloody First has been announced as a game in developing at 2014 or before.

At the same time, there are lot more of information showed from TBF than Fantasy General II https://www.facebook.com/CloseCombatofficial/

Just you are ignoring the true.........

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 73
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 10:54:42 AM   
TDefender

No offence, but I find absurd your defense: we are talking about marketing policy and my example is perfect from the opposite (and imho) right point of view: we have received much more info and "stuff" (screenshots, video)from a game which has been just announced than from a game announced 5 years ago... And the Fantasy General 2 is just an example, I could take much more coming from Matrix/Slitherine like Order Of Battle, Field of Glory 2, Decisive Campaigns series and much more for which a decent pre-release support "simply happened"...

< Message edited by TDefender -- 4/25/2019 10:56:14 AM >

Post #: 74
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 11:46:45 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: TDefender

No offence, but I find absurd your defense: we are talking about marketing policy and my example is perfect from the opposite (and imho) right point of view: we have received much more info and "stuff" (screenshots, video)from a game which has been just announced than from a game announced 5 years ago... And the Fantasy General 2 is just an example, I could take much more coming from Matrix/Slitherine like Order Of Battle, Field of Glory 2, Decisive Campaigns series and much more for which a decent pre-release support "simply happened"...

quote:

.. And the Fantasy General 2 is just an example, I could take much more coming from Matrix/Slitherine like Order Of Battle, Field of Glory 2, Decisive Campaigns series and much more for which a decent pre-release support "simply happened"...

Are you saying us how Field of Glory 2, a new announced game has more showed? you have not seen everything from TBF.........because there are a lot of more.

And other games, never, they were announced so many years before......what was showed from the next Panzer General the past year? nothing, just a small video. One year ago from TBF, we have seen several videos and reviews at different websites.

Anyway, when I read things as..........
quote:

I do not wait anything positive coming from you, even when the game be released.

At the same time, we have both at different position, I do not need to see more and you do not go to be positive in a million of years........

If the game is released at four years, I go to be happy by equal.;)

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 4/25/2019 11:47:15 AM >

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 75
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 11:59:10 AM   
TDefender

Ok just a different point of view which I respect. Just let me point out one last thing: I'm a great of the Close Combat series and I like the few things I've seen of TBF so far . I don't have any prejudice but I'm always a bit skeptical when games took so much time and devs are so "shy" to release info. Anyway I'm looking for this game and I will be very happy to see my scepticism refuted by the facts

Post #: 76
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 4/25/2019 1:21:32 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

but I'm always a bit skeptical when games took so much time and devs are so "shy" to release info. Anyway I'm looking for this game and I will be very happy to see my scepticism refuted by the facts

This is the point where you exactly are accepting the other games as better handle by the developers. Why? because they were showed to the public after years of developing. This is the big difference with TBF, we know about TBF years ago. Other games are not showed too early.

Following your facts, you should be so skeptical with the other games because they were hidden and nobody told you about their develop.;)

And again, so far, in quantity, we have seen more from the developers from TBF than from Fantasy General 2. The unique difference is the amount of time between any publish.

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 77
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 12:04:36 PM   
Whitewash

Maybe I'm slow, but: is there a beta running? Open or closed? I was just looking around and found a link to register for a CC:TBF beta, but it said Windows 8 so I kind of assumed it wasn't relevant any more...

Post #: 78
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 12:34:58 PM   
ringoblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whitewash

Maybe I'm slow, but: is there a beta running? Open or closed? I was just looking around and found a link to register for a CC:TBF beta, but it said Windows 8 so I kind of assumed it wasn't relevant any more...

There is a closed beta running atm.

(in reply to Whitewash)
Post #: 79
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 12:41:49 PM   
Whitewash

Thanks! Do we know how long it's running and if they are still adding people to it? Do we know if there will be an open beta?

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 80
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 1:23:21 PM   
ringoblood

With each built they add people so yes apply there still a chance to get in; as to how long its going for i dont know and if there going to be an open beta the Dev team has not said; sorry

Josh

(in reply to Whitewash)
Post #: 81
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 1:28:30 PM   
Whitewash

Thanks for the info! I will indeed apply, although I no longer use Windows 8 ;)

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 82
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 1:40:58 PM   
ringoblood

Window 7 or higher is needed.

< Message edited by ringoblood -- 5/1/2019 2:37:13 PM >

(in reply to Whitewash)
Post #: 83
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 2:24:00 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

The game runs fine on Windows 7, not sure why the beta test says anything about 8.

I don't think you will find anyone here who doesn't agree that we announced the game too early . But it is in great shape - we just want to be sure that we polish it as much as possible. That can sometimes tie our hands a little with regard to showing features, as there is often very negative backlash if even a small feature changes from something we show. C'est la vie!

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 84
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/1/2019 2:34:38 PM   
ringoblood

Thanks for clarifying Pip, as you know my hands are tied also. But i want to Help with info So thanks for jumping in.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 85
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/3/2019 2:40:51 PM   
shadepiece

Okay I should have checked out their Facebook page ages ago, but I finally did and was I shocked to see some actual clips of gameplay!! Wow, it's actually looking really good! I like the way the game looks and so far the animations look smooth and pretty well polished. I am really getting excited now that I've seen what were working with here!! You guys should check out their page. There isn't a mind-blowing amount of clips, but it was better than the no clips I thought there was.

My biggest critique has to be that these same clips, in their exact format, would reach a much wider audience on YouTube. Be it from Slitherine's channel or just an official Close Combat channel. There is really no better way to get people's eyes on the game in even some small capacity. Pip, please get some bloody first content on YouTube , and if there is I sure couldn't find it. Even the same one minute clip from a few weeks ago on the Facebook page would probably get way more exposure on YouTube.

Either way, carry on. I am getting pretty excited now!

< Message edited by shadepiece -- 5/3/2019 2:42:20 PM >

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 86
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 5/31/2019 10:27:35 PM   
bazza05

There's a new polygon interview out yesterday for anyone who's missed it. It does give some insight into different aspects of game play. I can't post a link as my account won't allow it yet. Hopefully some else will do the honor.

B.

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 87
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/2/2019 5:29:04 AM   
Pvt_Grunt

Here - Polygon article

(in reply to bazza05)
Post #: 88
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 9/19/2019 12:02:53 AM   
bazza05

As things appear pretty quiet here for the moment, I thought it worth mentioning there are a couple of new YouTube videos out that are first looks of the beta game play. They're reasonably informative a definitely worth a look. Unfortunately I can't post links yet.

XTRG and thehistoricalgamer are the two channels.

B.

(in reply to Pvt_Grunt)
Post #: 89
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 9/19/2019 4:25:10 PM   
FroBodine

thank you, bazza05. Here is the link to the lastest gameplay video by thehistoricalgamer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19pSbSXMQsE

I'm still not holding my breath, though.

(in reply to bazza05)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Any New News Updates?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI