Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd quirk with French commandos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Odd quirk with French commandos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd quirk with French commandos - 5/28/2019 12:14:32 AM   
taveston

When France surrendered in my current PBEM 1939 game the French commandos in Narvik were retained. Subsequently these were transported to Egypt. Later in the game the Axis left Paris unguarded and it was liberated by partisans. When the Axis took it back and France surrendered for the second time, the commandos in Egypt disappeared. Is this a bug or by design?
Post #: 1
RE: Odd quirk with French commandos - 5/28/2019 1:32:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

I believe this is by design, if I remember the coding behind this correctly, as the initial French commandos went Free French when France originally surrendered, then reverted to French control when France was liberated, only to finally surrender once France surrendered again a second time.

(in reply to taveston)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd quirk with French commandos - 5/28/2019 3:18:58 PM   
Xenocide

The commandos usually surrender when France falls but there is a percentage chance (low) of units not in France or French territory going Free French instead of vanishing. It rarely comes up in practice but my guess is the commando made the cut the first time and not the second time. It usually surrenders.

< Message edited by Xenocide -- 5/28/2019 3:25:07 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Odd quirk with French commandos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI