Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blacklist for quitters?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Blacklist for quitters? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blacklist for quitters? - 5/29/2019 9:32:24 AM   
Kantti

Could we have some sticky blacklist/wall of shame of players who quit without any communication when things go awry for them on the map. I hate to invest hundreds of hours into the game (Bitter End campaign, chosen by my opponent) just to notice that my opponent slips away saying nothing on T12 when things are not going as much on Axis favor as one might hope (still no major catastrophes and would have loved to see how the game develops).

I am considering about starting a new game by responding to some challenge on the forums, but would hate to see it deserted again because I have no prior knowledge on my upcoming opponent. With such a blacklist I could at least check if my opponent had previous history of cowardice. :)
Post #: 1
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/29/2019 9:41:19 AM   
demyansk

Not a bad idea, by the way, I had a contractor come over for estimate, he asked me twice how I heard of him, advertising in magazine circular, He never called me with an estimate. I think he was wondering if I heard of him on the internet. Therefore, worried about an online review. Guess what, I still can leave a one star review. His advertisement said the Better Business Bureau seal etc. If he didn't want to do it, just let me know

< Message edited by demyansk -- 5/29/2019 9:46:21 AM >

(in reply to Kantti)
Post #: 2
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/29/2019 11:55:24 AM   
Commanderski

Maybe have a list of those who just disappeared for no apparent reason. There could be a valid reason for some like work, health, family issues...etc. Having computer problems isn't as common a it once was in the early days of gaming so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. With that list it would give them a chance to maybe explain what happened and may be safer to play scenario's rather than campaigns.

Checking AAR's for past occurrences would also help prevent future ones.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 3
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/29/2019 9:26:37 PM   
No idea

I agree with making a blacklist for people dissapearing. Please, note that dissapearing is not the same as quitting

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 4
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/29/2019 10:02:12 PM   
56ajax

And who will prove the veracity of such a list?

When i questioned one opponent why he stopped playing it was because I had quit, apparently.

You might find one or two 'big names' on the list.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 5
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/30/2019 6:11:11 AM   
Chris21wen

Last time I looked I lived in a democracy. For me that filters down to what I do in a game guit or not, specially if I'm getting my ass whipped.

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 6
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/30/2019 1:13:37 PM   
joelmar

Welcome to the real world.

Disappearing without explanation is rude of course and only shows that sadly your folks did a poor job in grooming you.

But such a list would be a huge concession to Hitler and Stalin! lol!

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/30/2019 2:00:32 PM   
Bamilus

Send them to the stockade

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 8
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/30/2019 3:52:15 PM   
thedoctorking

I appreciate the irritation of someone who invested a huge amount of time into a game and felt like they were doing well and enjoying themselves. I also appreciate the grinding experience of playing on in a game that is most likely lost but will take months or years to come to a conclusion. I think that airing these sorts of things publicly would be an invitation to a lot of backbiting and even more hard feelings.

That said, if you are going to quit a game, you should tell your opponent you quit. It would also be a good gesture to give your opponent your password so he can either hand the game off to another opponent, if he can find one, or look at your position himself, play on solo, or whatever.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 9
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 5/30/2019 3:55:56 PM   
joelmar

@thedoctorking: +1

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 10
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 6/4/2019 7:45:29 AM   
mouse707

You can also establish a list of goods opponents. I had the same problem for all my 10 or 12 first games started. The german players were leaving from turns 2 to 12. But after that, I've played against Bitburger, and while he was not winning the game, he stayed until the end. We're in 1945, very close to Berlin, and he's still sending his turns. Very reliable and sympathetic opponent.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 11
RE: Blacklist for quitters? - 6/5/2019 10:16:44 PM   
xhoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: mouse707

You can also establish a list of goods opponents. I had the same problem for all my 10 or 12 first games started. The german players were leaving from turns 2 to 12. But after that, I've played against Bitburger, and while he was not winning the game, he stayed until the end. We're in 1945, very close to Berlin, and he's still sending his turns. Very reliable and sympathetic opponent.

+1

A list of good opponents would be much better. Bitburger is a great guy and a solid opponent :D

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to mouse707)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Blacklist for quitters? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI