Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mad Except at Prelim Production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Mad Except at Prelim Production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mad Except at Prelim Production - 6/1/2019 1:11:02 AM   
ashkpa

Hi,

In the attached game file at US Entry proceed to have the US choose option 34 (I don't think this is critical) and then proceed on. When it gets to preliminary production, it gives me a spiraling mouse icon and eventual throws a Mad Except after 5-10 minutes (I tried to save the mad except, but when I clicked proceed it close the box and disappeared).

I thought it might be to due to the fact that the recent path for the CW LL of a BP to Russian (N. Sea to Norway and through Finland) was no longer valid with the start of Barbarossa and alignment of Finland. In one of my repeat attempts I did check the production info menu and it showed the CW LL of BP getting through (though all other factories showed idle - I suspect something to do with the beginning of preliminary production. I am going to try and set some of the other resources that were going through the med to idle, in case there is a infinite loop caused by default convoy settings and the need to get the BP to RU.

Pat

P.S. If I am able to save a mad except, I'll post it here.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Mad Except at Prelim Production - 6/4/2019 9:45:18 PM   
ashkpa

As I kept working on this, the game eventually did an auto save for the USA Prelim Production. If I started from that file, it would complete the cycle. I ended up with another error a couple of times, but each time a new autosave file was created further down the pipe and I made it through production in the end.

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 2
RE: Mad Except at Prelim Production - 6/5/2019 6:27:58 PM   
gw15

I confirm your problem. I'm happy you were able to get further along. Let me ask you though. Did you have mad-excepts previous to this problem but clicked on continue?

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 3
RE: Mad Except at Prelim Production - 6/6/2019 1:22:07 AM   
ashkpa

Not in since starting this game from a save. I've learned to never continue after a mad except and go back to a previous save (closing the program first).

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 4
RE: Mad Except at Prelim Production - 8/24/2019 6:14:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

The program will run to completion, but it takes more than 3 minutes on my computer (the program generates a "may be frozen" message after 3 minutes". Clicking on 'continue' gives it another 3 minutes). On a slower computer, it might take more that 6 minutes.

What is consuming the time are all the overseas trade agreements. I'm not sure but I think you have every possible combination of the Allied major powers sending resources to one another. France, the Commonwealth, the United States, the USSR, and China are all sending and/or receiving resources or build points overseas.

Every time one of those build point trade items cannot be fulfilled, the program tries to send a build point from every factory on the sending side to every city on the receiving side. I have a few checks to avoid crazy duplication (e.g., if one US factory cannot deliver a build point, then the program doesn't check any of the other US factories). But still, there are a lot of possibilities.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Mad Except at Prelim Production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI