Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug/scripting error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Possible bug/scripting error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug/scripting error - 7/14/2019 2:18:30 PM   
fireston

Hey all,

Hamburgermeat and I just started a new game with Hamburger as the Axis and I as the Allies. (this is our second game) On turn one Poland falls. This has resulted in the following:
1) The script to ask the USSR if they want to take Eastern Poland does not fire.

2)Mobilization for the USSR was increased from 25% to 27%

Based on a previous game Hamburger and I played which Poland falls on turn one, this results in Low Russian and USA Mobilization leading to a very overpowered Germany with Barbarossa launching from Eastern Poland.

There was a previous posting that i did about two weeks ago Titled Low Russian Mobilization % where Hubert attempted to figure out why we hadn't see a Soviet DoW or higher Mobilization.

I believe this is a bug or the script didn't account if Poland falls on turn one. :)

< Message edited by fireston -- 7/14/2019 2:28:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/14/2019 3:36:26 PM   
HamburgerMeat

I believe the script doesn't give Germany the option to break/follow the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact unless the red army marches in, which requires that poland still be around after turn 1.

I think that it's fine to allow taking Poland in turn 1, but there should be a greater penalty for doing so. If possible, could it be programmed where germany still gets the option to break/follow the pact, even if poland falls turn 1? Maybe have the red army marching at the end of turn 1, but before the game calculates whether poland surrenders? This would remove the option for the allied player to decide whether to march into poland, but would help game balance.

Another possibility is to increase USSR mobilization if poland falls turn 1 (not sure how easy this would be to implement, maybe add an event that states that, if poland surrenders turn 1, then USSR is shocked at german advances)

I don't code, so sorry if what I said doesn't make sense from a coder's perspective.

(in reply to fireston)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/14/2019 4:25:07 PM   
fireston

Wanted to add to this:

Turn 7 Allied December 8th 1939
Russia Moblization at 29%
USA Moblization at 24%

Netherlands and Belgium have fallen.

Also I like HamburgerMeat suggestions if its coding possible, if not, I think the Warsaw garrison needs to be a 6 with 1 full experience star.

< Message edited by fireston -- 7/14/2019 5:26:06 PM >

(in reply to HamburgerMeat)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/15/2019 12:59:15 PM   
Mercutio

I must suck as I have never taken Poland in 1 turn.

(in reply to fireston)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/15/2019 1:04:30 PM   
HamburgerMeat

I think there's a how-to guide by Sulla somewhere on these forums. It basically involves getting both tanks in range of warsaw, using tanks plus bombers (tact bombers last since they dont reduce entrenchment), theb having your corp from the north taking warsaw

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/15/2019 1:12:31 PM   
HamburgerMeat

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4593434

Heres LuciusSulla's post. I think an army might have been buffed, but it still works most of the time

Post #: 6
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/15/2019 1:14:57 PM   
HamburgerMeat

My method slightly differs, as I attack the other army northeast of the poznan army in order to make space for my tank

Post #: 7
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/16/2019 10:13:46 AM   
BillRunacre

I must admit that I hadn't realised that Poland could be knocked out in one turn with such frequency, but I might be able to do something here as if it happens more than once in a blue moon then it is giving the Axis too much of an advantage.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Post #: 8
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/16/2019 1:20:28 PM   
HamburgerMeat

I'd say you can get it to trigger 60-75% of the time. A 6-strength garrison sounds like an elegant solution.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/16/2019 4:24:40 PM   
Mercutio

or make more of the Polish forces at 5 instead of 4 where you can just walk around them

Post #: 10
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/16/2019 6:11:58 PM   
fireston

Hey Bill thank you for the response.

Yeah with Poland falling turn 1 and Russia not getting any Mobilization % increase, its game over. The allies cannot even get into position before being overrun and long term wise, with barbarossa starting that much closer to Moscow, you can knock Russia out in 1941 easily.

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 11
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/17/2019 10:54:53 AM   
Mercutio

I guess I just suck. I have been able to eliminate the garrison in Warsaw, but none of the units have a move left so it isn't taken. I mean, sure we were fighting in Warsaw, but you have to go back to base first before you can advance

It is also highly dependent on the attack in the NW. If the unit retreats into your path to Warsaw it can make it where you cannot advance with all your attacks if you have some unlucky rolls.

<edit>Ok, finally did it aaaaand Poland didn't fall despite not having its capital. WTF.<edit>
<edit2> apparently I needed to shave a couple more points off some Polish units and they surrendered in 1 turn<edit2>

< Message edited by Mercutio -- 7/17/2019 12:09:47 PM >

(in reply to fireston)
Post #: 12
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/17/2019 3:43:15 PM   
gdpsnake1979

How about just having the Polish capitol start with better unit so it would need two turns of attack to eliminate? The reduction of Polish moral already coded in the scripting would prevent a stronger unit in the capitol from holding out too long.

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 13
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/17/2019 11:46:33 PM   
fireston

Now heres the Problem with Poland falling in turn 1. It will not fire the Honor the molotov ribbentrop pact, and in addition Russia got not increase mobilization effect. You just beat the allied player with them not getting to do any moves.

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 14
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/18/2019 12:06:24 AM   
Mercutio

quote:

ORIGINAL: fireston

Now heres the Problem with Poland falling in turn 1. It will not fire the Honor the molotov ribbentrop pact, and in addition Russia got not increase mobilization effect. You just beat the allied player with them not getting to do any moves.

Sure Germany gets a nice launch pad.
Sure Germany is guaranteed to annex Lithuania making a better start point.
Sure Germany gets to have more MPPs.
Ok AND get to shift forces west quicker
BUT
They lose the 25 MPPs for soviet trade!

Ok, yeah it sucks. The deal with Russia was made BEFORE the invasion. So Germany should have to make the choice still and risk upsetting Russia AND lose the MPPs in trade.

Perhaps it alarms the allies even more that is was so swift?

(in reply to fireston)
Post #: 15
RE: Possible bug/scripting error - 7/18/2019 12:31:18 AM   
fireston

LOL exactly.

I played a game with Hamburger and was wrecking my brain trying to figure out was the Allied Mobilization was so low. Even with a successful Sealion and taking Egypt, it still wasn't moving the allied mobilization at all. It was kinda funny, when the Axis declared war on Syria...it moved it more lol.

Nazi's not honoring the Pact...no change....but take Syria....This means wars! :)

(in reply to Mercutio)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Possible bug/scripting error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI