Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing. Please.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing. Please. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing. Ple... - 7/19/2019 4:34:47 AM   
demol

Hello everybody.

I played this game almost 10 years ago (GC vs AI only and remember how helpless were AI scripts on long runs). Now I wants to play again. I entered this forum mod section and... feel myself completely lost.
Too many topics. No comphrensive lists and so all.. :(

I want to play GC Japan vs AI, from may'42 till the very end and I need community advices.

What would be best suitable mod for the next combo?

- scenario starting at may 42 (till the latest date possible)

- most throughtly updated allies AI scripts and behavior.

- map and other content expanded (till they are in touch with AI, i remember that first content and map modding in 2009 brokes AI and do not know anything about current situation)

- numerical overpowered lategeme allies would be nice too.

//
I really need help it this mess. :)
Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 5:58:27 AM   
Korvar

The best AI scenarios (for either side) of which I'm aware are the "#100 series" scenarios developed by Andy Mac. I don't believe there is a May '42 start available for these particular AI scripts. I have not played them, so I can't be more specific than what I've heard about them.

I'm not sure about what 'other content' you're looking for. Any artwork enhancements you choose should be fine. As for the map, these scenarios use the stock map only.

(in reply to demol)
Post #: 2
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 6:55:48 AM   
demol

Thank you!

I will search for '42 scenario there. :)

Any other help or advice appreciated.

//
about what 'other content' you're looking for
I mean extended map and databases rework.

Early RHS (yes, i already found latest version on forum, no '42 scenario unfortunately) was fantastic by worked out auxilary ships (RJW-era ironclad shelling Hong Kong - FY!), maps and so on, but brokes AI logic in many critical points. Just remembering, no offense for el cid. :)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 3
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 11:30:23 AM   
HansBolter

AndyMac created a series of Ironman Japan scenarios that I know Paxmondo plays.

Being an AFB, I play his Ironman scenarios made for Allied play against the AI and am not familiar with what the scenario numbers are for the Japanese against AI versions.

Hans

(in reply to demol)
Post #: 4
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 11:35:05 AM   
Yaab

demol, read this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4257473

You can use the latest AI scripts from scen 100 for any mod you like.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 12:05:09 PM   
demol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Thank you.
Would that scripts work with RHS as well?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 12:16:58 PM   
Yaab

ANY mod.

(in reply to demol)
Post #: 7
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/19/2019 9:17:02 PM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: demol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Thank you.
Would that scripts work with RHS as well?

AI will work only if #id of Bases in MOD are the same as their #id in source scenario. If they were changed, and especially if new Bases were added, script will behave weird.
Also, any new added LCU, and Air Unit will become static, because they are not included in AI scripts. Ships are used per type in TF, so any extra won't influence AI scripts. RHS is far too advanced MOD, so I don't think AI will work with it at all.

(in reply to demol)
Post #: 8
RE: Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing.... - 7/20/2019 4:32:40 AM   
Yaab

Demol, inqistor is right. Technically, you can use the AI files for any mod. How the AI scripts will work is the matter of unit arrangement in the Editor. I guess the best thing is to update AI in the RHS mod and see for yourself if AI behavior is "normal" in the long run.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Need advice on MOD best suitable for vs.AI playing. Please. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI