Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vladivostock under seige

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Vladivostock under seige Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vladivostock under seige - 8/5/2019 8:19:49 PM   
sapper32

Playing PBEM as Allies Barbarossa has started and I get a message asking if I want to expend some of my MPPs to drive away Japanese naval units interdicting supplied to Vladivostock, Japan and USSR are not at war so why is the IJN attacking my ships ????

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Post #: 1
RE: Vladivostock under seige - 8/5/2019 8:25:00 PM   
Hartmann

I think they're just raiding/blockading the red hexes at the coast in front of Vladivostok - the Japanese are allowed to do that in peace time, though it will push the Soviets into the Allied camp sooner.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 2
RE: Vladivostock under seige - 8/5/2019 9:06:54 PM   
taffjones

They are not attacking your units, but blockading the USA sending supplies to Russia.

If you accept the decision, you don't need to attack the IJN units yourself its automatic. Any IJN units in the red shaded hexes will be damaged.

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 3
RE: Vladivostock under seige - 8/6/2019 9:58:44 AM   
sapper32

Is there a cost in MPPs to the Japanese to interdict supply to Vladivostock ?? I would hope there is

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 4
RE: Vladivostock under seige - 8/6/2019 12:18:39 PM   
taffjones

If you chose to attack their units - Yes

Any IJN in the red shaded hexes will get damaged every turn they stay there, so the cost is repairing the units.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 5
RE: Vladivostock under seige - 8/6/2019 2:26:43 PM   
Xsillione

The US can spend 40 per turn to give the SU 80, this can be blockaded by the Japanese by placing a unit in the shaded Vladivostock hexes. If this happens, the SU can spend once 80, to try and protect this route. If the SU pends it once, than in any end turn (both Allied and Axis) the units in the blockading hexes has a chance to get damaged. (Japan lose one or two units, this could be two motorboat if they build them, but still - Since otherwise the US does not spend 40 this is a net loss for the Japanese but very important to starve the SU)

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Vladivostock under seige Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI