Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What I'd like to see...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> What I'd like to see... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What I'd like to see... - 8/7/2019 3:09:12 PM   
Sugar

... if I'd had 3 wishes for free
- a "load game" function on the interface
- different specifications for the difficulty lvl, especially the spotting range extends makes naval warfare annoying
- the ability to switch off random combat modifier with its +-1 to each fight, at least by 1.

This is seriously influencing the outcome of whole battles in a WWI-game with its limited differences in outcomes. By sheer luck it can be the difference between occupying a strategic city and gaining xp or losing it, with further influence of the whole war potentially. I'm not playing strategy games to depend on a diceroll.
Post #: 1
RE: What I'd like to see... - 8/7/2019 5:25:11 PM   
DonCzirr

Nice list - +1 on all.

I'd also like to slip in my request for the ability to split NATO counters vs sprites for Land / Air / Sea.

Using NATO for land / air units and sprites for ships would have a nice feel to it.

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 2
RE: What I'd like to see... - 8/9/2019 6:32:39 PM   
Hartmann

We need a mod folder right of the bat. Even though I "ironman" my games, I support the "load game" function. It would come in handy when trying to check things out, recreate bugs to report etc. I also like the idea to have more specific difficulty options as it would be ok for me to give the AI certain advantages, but not others. I'm only playing with NATO counters, but once a mod comes out that has NATO counters showing advancement in airplane or tank tech by showing stylized "typical" models, I'm always switching to that. So it would be cool if the game had counters like that in vanilla already.

My biggest wish is I want to be able to choose between different "warplans" for my side/country in the beginning, like it was done in "To end all wars". Starting positions for units would then reflect that plan. This would bring much appreciated variety to a 1914 scenario which otherwise would need alot of mods. (And even having mods for different warplans would not account for that variety as the warplans chosen by the enemy and the AI controlled countries in general should have a probability factor to them.)

< Message edited by Hartmann -- 8/9/2019 6:34:41 PM >

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 3
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/17/2019 8:51:44 AM   
stockwellpete

Delighted to find out that a new version of this game will be released soon. The original is one of the best games that I have ever purchased. The only minor quibble that I had with it was that I would have liked to have seen some representation of colonial soldiers in the artwork e.g. Indian contingents in the British army (especially in the "middle east") and African contingents in the French army, for example. Might this be possible in this new version?

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 4
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/17/2019 3:38:34 PM   
Hubert Cater

Colonial troops are represented for this release and they look great

Below are the French, British and German Colonials, as well as some other interesting ones such as the Arab Partisans, German Marines and Ottoman Partisans.

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 5
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/18/2019 7:15:30 AM   
stockwellpete

Thanks Hubert, that is excellent.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 6
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/18/2019 9:25:53 PM   
ArtDen

Hi!

First of all - thank you for SC WW1. Classic game was one my favorite. I will buy remake w/o any doubts.
But during my campaigns every game I wanted to count losses. We understand that manpower-resource is too hard to include in the new game. Too many changes in base mechanics.

(!) But PLEASE include not only losses of UNITS but HEALTHPOINTS too. (!)

For example Russia lost 5 infantry corpses, Germany - 0, but from Russian side real losses were 50 healthpoints (hence if one corps is about 30k - overall 150k humans) and Germans - 27 healthpoints (more or less - about 81k). As a result losses are more or less 2to1 but not 5to0. In the existent model we compare money losses.
With healthpoints we can estimate manpower losses indirectly but very accurate.

As a result PLEASE depict not only unit losses but healthpoint losses too. For example in the same tanble you can provide this additional info in brackets.

More than this. In Darkest Hour (derived Hearts of Iron 2) and one game of Commander series (about WW2) such abstract numbers used for real statistic bodycount and losses of artillery and other vehicles. It's really easy but give really deep feeling of immersion in the game for such statistics-fan boys as me.

< Message edited by ArtDen -- 10/23/2019 10:37:50 AM >

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 7
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/23/2019 10:30:46 AM   
ArtDen

Sorry for English but can I wait for any feedback from game-developers?
I think this topic is appropriate for such communication with fans.

(in reply to ArtDen)
Post #: 8
RE: What I'd like to see... - 10/23/2019 3:26:10 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi ArtDen

Although this isn't in the table showing the number of units destroyed, unit losses per period and overall (measured in the cost of units) will be able to be seen via the Graphs in the Reports page, and the losses of respective Majors can be compared from there.

This is actually more accurate than the table because many units will suffer casualties without being destroyed.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ArtDen)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> What I'd like to see... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI