Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug ? US aid to USSR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Possible bug ? US aid to USSR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/13/2019 4:50:52 PM   
sapper32

I'm playing version 1.03 as Allies I always say yes to the decision to offer aid from the USA to the USSR at a cost of 40mpps that gives 80mpps to the USSR however 4 turns after the decision the USSR still does not receive any MPPs while the USA retains its MPPs it's highly unlikely that I have miss clicked on this , Has anyone else had this happen ? If not then maybe I have miss clicked

Ian

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Post #: 1
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/13/2019 6:19:18 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

There are certain conditions in which this aid won't be sent.

When you say yes to DE 317 to send aid to the USSR, Japan will be advised that it can prevent the flow of supplies by placing naval units in the hexes adjacent to Vladivostok port.

If the Axis do impede the flow of supplies, then the USSR will be presented with DE 407 that will enable them to attack the Axis naval units outside Vladivostok.

Additionally, if the Axis capture Vladivostok, Honolulu, San Francisco or Los Angeles then the US will stop sending aid to the USSR because of the changed situation in the Pacific.

Hopefully the above explains it?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/13/2019 7:03:39 PM   
sapper32

Thanks for the reply Bill, So I elected to say yes to the DE for US supplies to USSR then my opponent must have taken the DE to interdict the supplies as I got a message asking me if I wanted to take the DE to attack the Japanese vessels costing me 40 mpps I've said yes to this and each turn the Japenese MTB gets attacked but no MPPs are arriving in USSR from US is this correct or should there be MPPs arriving ?

Thanks Ian

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/13/2019 8:32:24 PM   
elxaime

This DE may need some looking at. Right now, it is a no-brainer for Japan to interdict Vladivostok and park a cheap MTB there to soak up the USSR attack. There goes a decent amount of MPP for the USSR at the cost of a few repairs to the Japanese MTB.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/13/2019 9:06:00 PM   
taffjones

Hi elxaime

The repair bill for the blockading units starts to mount up and you need two units to keep swapping them around.

Also the blockading units don't gain experience, unlike units raiding convoy lines.

If it is changed it should be to a convoy route so the Axis have some way of reducing the supply's, other wise it would be a win-win situation for the Allies.

40 free MPP's for Russia with no risk.

The new supply changes have really impacted the supply for the Axis in Russia and China. Combine that with 40 free MPP's per turn for Russia and it could unbalance the game completely.

(in reply to elxaime)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/14/2019 10:39:48 AM   
Xsillione

Without capturing one of the targets, this event chain has two outcome:

Axis block, so the SU spend 40, while japan spends 100 and ~10 per turn to reduce remove the extra SU income, with no cost from the Allies.

Axis does not block, SU get 80 per turn for the US 40.

Either option is massively beneficial for the Allies, but gives the choice for the axis to decide where they should suffer.

If the Axis blocks, Japan Should be a priority for the Allies to remove the weakened Japan.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR - 8/15/2019 2:53:31 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32

Thanks for the reply Bill, So I elected to say yes to the DE for US supplies to USSR then my opponent must have taken the DE to interdict the supplies as I got a message asking me if I wanted to take the DE to attack the Japanese vessels costing me 40 mpps I've said yes to this and each turn the Japenese MTB gets attacked but no MPPs are arriving in USSR from US is this correct or should there be MPPs arriving ?

Thanks Ian

Hi Ian

Hopefully these explanations show that it's more balanced than it originally appeared?

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Possible bug ? US aid to USSR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI