Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

sapper32 -> Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/13/2019 4:50:52 PM)

I'm playing version 1.03 as Allies I always say yes to the decision to offer aid from the USA to the USSR at a cost of 40mpps that gives 80mpps to the USSR however 4 turns after the decision the USSR still does not receive any MPPs while the USA retains its MPPs it's highly unlikely that I have miss clicked on this , Has anyone else had this happen ? If not then maybe I have miss clicked

Ian

BillRunacre -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/13/2019 6:19:18 PM)

Hi

There are certain conditions in which this aid won't be sent.

When you say yes to DE 317 to send aid to the USSR, Japan will be advised that it can prevent the flow of supplies by placing naval units in the hexes adjacent to Vladivostok port.

If the Axis do impede the flow of supplies, then the USSR will be presented with DE 407 that will enable them to attack the Axis naval units outside Vladivostok.

Additionally, if the Axis capture Vladivostok, Honolulu, San Francisco or Los Angeles then the US will stop sending aid to the USSR because of the changed situation in the Pacific.

Hopefully the above explains it?

sapper32 -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/13/2019 7:03:39 PM)

Thanks for the reply Bill, So I elected to say yes to the DE for US supplies to USSR then my opponent must have taken the DE to interdict the supplies as I got a message asking me if I wanted to take the DE to attack the Japanese vessels costing me 40 mpps I've said yes to this and each turn the Japenese MTB gets attacked but no MPPs are arriving in USSR from US is this correct or should there be MPPs arriving ?

Thanks Ian

elxaime -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/13/2019 8:32:24 PM)

This DE may need some looking at. Right now, it is a no-brainer for Japan to interdict Vladivostok and park a cheap MTB there to soak up the USSR attack. There goes a decent amount of MPP for the USSR at the cost of a few repairs to the Japanese MTB.

taffjones -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/13/2019 9:06:00 PM)

Hi elxaime

The repair bill for the blockading units starts to mount up and you need two units to keep swapping them around.

Also the blockading units don't gain experience, unlike units raiding convoy lines.

If it is changed it should be to a convoy route so the Axis have some way of reducing the supply's, other wise it would be a win-win situation for the Allies.

40 free MPP's for Russia with no risk.

The new supply changes have really impacted the supply for the Axis in Russia and China. Combine that with 40 free MPP's per turn for Russia and it could unbalance the game completely.

Xsillione -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/14/2019 10:39:48 AM)

Without capturing one of the targets, this event chain has two outcome:

Axis block, so the SU spend 40, while japan spends 100 and ~10 per turn to reduce remove the extra SU income, with no cost from the Allies.

Axis does not block, SU get 80 per turn for the US 40.

Either option is massively beneficial for the Allies, but gives the choice for the axis to decide where they should suffer.

If the Axis blocks, Japan Should be a priority for the Allies to remove the weakened Japan.

BillRunacre -> RE: Possible bug ? US aid to USSR (8/15/2019 2:53:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32

Thanks for the reply Bill, So I elected to say yes to the DE for US supplies to USSR then my opponent must have taken the DE to interdict the supplies as I got a message asking me if I wanted to take the DE to attack the Japanese vessels costing me 40 mpps I've said yes to this and each turn the Japenese MTB gets attacked but no MPPs are arriving in USSR from US is this correct or should there be MPPs arriving ?

Thanks Ian

Hi Ian

Hopefully these explanations show that it's more balanced than it originally appeared?

Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI