Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Several Questions regarding Command 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Several Questions regarding Command 2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/3/2019 5:31:05 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Wow! This was a surprise! LINE OF SIGHT!!!! QUICK BATTLE GENERATORS!!! THANK YOU!

I'm excited, but have several questions, some of which may not be answerable now though. And I won't ask about specifics of release date.

1) Of course it's too early to ask about pricing, but is there a chance of existing CMANO owners getting a small release week discount?

Answered by Ian McNeil here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4683759&fbclid=IwAR2JKze27OauteTcJmeYDpc7QyQcs3EaT2zBhb9nKudgUq0ZNxVv6Uym8V8

2) What can you tell us about backward compatibility with CMANO scenarios, specifically community ones? Is this new title run off of the same software base as CMANO? Additionally, will the CMANO DLC scenarios/campaigns be featured in Command: Modern Ops in any capacity?

Answered by Ian McNeil here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4683759&fbclid=IwAR2JKze27OauteTcJmeYDpc7QyQcs3EaT2zBhb9nKudgUq0ZNxVv6Uym8V8

3) Like with CMANO, will there be post-release feature additions? Still kind of hoping for 'Gunboat Diplomacy' features at some point in the future. (Firing shots across bows, buzzing ships with jets etc.)

4) I think the answer will be yes, but I'm just checking: The screenshots show the stylized icons. We are fully free to use NATO/NTDS icons right? I need those. (EDIT: Nevermind, Steam screenshot #9 confirms the use of NATO/NTDS)

5) Are the Database Images included as standard or will they still be an optional download?

Those are the questions I can think of at the moment

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 9/3/2019 9:38:59 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/3/2019 6:53:37 PM   
midnight_mangler

Wow, looks amazing! Very, very keen for this! I have been dying for Tacview integration.

I would like answers to those questions too, although I will ask "when?" ;-p

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/3/2019 10:01:46 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert
3) Like with CMANO, will there be post-release feature additions? Still kind of hoping for 'Gunboat Diplomacy' features at some point in the future. (Firing shots across bows, buzzing ships with jets etc.)

We are not finished with the Command engine by far.

quote:

4) I think the answer will be yes, but I'm just checking: The screenshots show the stylized icons. We are fully free to use NATO/NTDS icons right? I need those. (EDIT: Nevermind, Steam screenshot #9 confirms the use of NATO/NTDS)

Yes.

quote:

5) Are the Database Images included as standard or will they still be an optional download?

Unfortunately we still cannot bundle most images with the game due to IP issues, but this time around they will be automatically downloaded and placed in the correct directory path (if they exist), instead of being a manual process.

Post #: 3
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/3/2019 10:07:55 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

We are not finished with the Command engine by far.

quote:

Yes.

quote:

Unfortunately we still cannot bundle most images with the game due to IP issues, but this time around they will be automatically downloaded and placed in the correct directory path (if they exist), instead of being a manual process.

Good to know that the growth of Command is still alive and well.

I understand about the Images, It's not a huge deal for me (only added the full image packs last week), just thought I would ask for everyone else.

Thanks for the answers! Can't wait for more info!

I've also added a section in my Steam guide for info on C:MO, which I will update as news is made avaliable. I hope I can easily adapt that guide to this new title.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 1:34:42 AM   
Talon_XBMCX

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to hear that my investment in CMANO will not be in vain. While I certainly do not mind paying for the new features and content, the thought of having to re-invest for version 2 would have been enough to make me think twice. However, I will happily complete my CMANO collection without fear of it becoming obsolete and look forward to supporting C:MO in the future!

All the best for your continued success!!

Post #: 5
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 12:53:17 PM   
SeaQueen

quote:

Will I still be able to replace images? One of my favorite things to do is customize my install by adding new images where they don't exist, changing ones I don't like, etc.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 1:36:21 PM   
c3k

Outstanding news!

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 7
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 4:05:45 PM   
Rebel Yell

quote:

...QUICK BATTLE GENERATORS!!!...

That was the best thing I've read about CMO.

Can't wait to hear more about how it will work.

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

Post #: 8
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 4:31:07 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

quote:

Will I still be able to replace images? One of my favorite things to do is customize my install by adding new images where they don't exist, changing ones I don't like, etc.

Yes. All downloaded images are still cached on disk (in the very same paths, in fact), so you can tweak and customize as desired. Images are remote-fetched only when a local copy is not found on disk.

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 9
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/4/2019 9:10:12 PM   
guanotwozero

For those of us who live in the sticks and sometimes play offline, will it be possible to download the complete image set, like at present?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 10
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/5/2019 5:05:14 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero
For those of us who live in the sticks and sometimes play offline, will it be possible to download the complete image set, like at present?

Yes.

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 11
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/5/2019 10:00:56 AM   
britten

Excellent news about the (future) release. I really appreciate that more of the community wishes are being fulfilled.

1) There is no word about muliplayer at this point. Is it still planned?
2) Would it be possible to create user mods for interface (change buttons/icons etc.)?
3) Are there any plans regarding adding sounds to C:MO?
4) Are there any plans regarding more extensive manual or additional documentation?
5) Any chance for some nice looking boxed edition?

As always, thank you for answering our questions!

< Message edited by britten -- 9/5/2019 10:08:45 AM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 12
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/7/2019 7:10:36 PM   
Marder

Will SeaHag work with C:MO?

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 13
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/7/2019 8:19:51 PM   
B52H

Will non-LUA CSAR/downed pilots be featured in C:MO?

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 14
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/7/2019 8:41:19 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H

Scriptless helicopter pickup already works (we added it in v1.14). The only part that currently needs scripting is generating stranded crew when an AC is shot down. Given that scripts for this already exist and work well, this has not been given a high priority for the initial release.

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 15
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/7/2019 8:44:19 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: britten
2) Would it be possible to create user mods for interface (change buttons/icons etc.)?
4) Are there any plans regarding more extensive manual or additional documentation?

1) Yes.

2) Not explicitly, though many of the buttons, icons etc. are already moddable (look at the \Symbols folder and its sub-folders)

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) This is being looked into.

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 16
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/7/2019 9:40:56 PM   
Ancalagon451

quote:

If you ever do this, please make it turnable off, I know that plenty of people likes it, but to me CSAR operations are nothing but an annoyance.

Ancalagon

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 17
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/8/2019 9:09:38 AM   
Andrea G

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ancalagon451

quote:

If you ever do this, please make it turnable off, I know that plenty of people likes it, but to me CSAR operations are nothing but an annoyance.

Ancalagon

I agree, I like it in small/medium sized scenarios but it's a nuisance in bigger ones.

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 18
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/8/2019 3:35:05 PM   
76mm

While we're asking questions, any chance CMO might involve more WWII equipment at some point?

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 19
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/9/2019 6:44:58 AM   
britten

quote:

quote:

1) Yes.

2) Not explicitly, though many of the buttons, icons etc. are already moddable (look at the \Symbols folder and its sub-folders)

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

Thank you, all of this sounds amazing. Good luck with development process!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 20
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/9/2019 1:07:34 PM   
CV60

Weather. Please put realistic weather in Command 2. It is my precious....

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 21
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/11/2019 10:30:07 PM   
hellfish6

I might have missed it, but will the strike planner make an appearance? Not that it matters, I'm buying regardless.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 22
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/12/2019 7:38:16 AM   
Phoenix100

+1 on the strike planner question. Has that already been answered? Or at least some ToT tool?

And was a rough time frame already given? Is this a thing for next year?

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 23
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/12/2019 10:53:07 AM   
ultradave

It was answered somewhere, and they said that the Advanced Strike Planner would not be part of it, at least as described in the couple of extensive threads where it's features/requests were discussed, but I believe they said there would be some more enhancements to the existing mission planner (sorry I can't find the answer they gave but I think that summarizes it).

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 24
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/12/2019 9:32:55 PM   
Mini_Von

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

It was answered somewhere, and they said that the Advanced Strike Planner would not be part of it, at least as described in the couple of extensive threads where it's features/requests were discussed, but I believe they said there would be some more enhancements to the existing mission planner (sorry I can't find the answer they gave but I think that summarizes it).

Here is a link to the Advanced Planner post.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4684320

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 25
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/13/2019 2:52:01 PM   
ETF

Whatever happened guy to Multiplayer Options/Coop? Is it scrapped for this engine too? Or is it possible to have a separate $$ add-on at a later date?
Surely your Military customers have this feature for multiple commands etc.

Thanks, amazing platform as always. Great job!!

edit SORRY ALREADY ADDRESSED #1 :)

quote:

1) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

< Message edited by ETF -- 9/13/2019 2:54:16 PM >

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to Mini_Von)
Post #: 26
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/13/2019 7:12:45 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes. All downloaded images are still cached on disk (in the very same paths, in fact), so you can tweak and customize as desired. Images are remote-fetched only when a local copy is not found on disk.

Does this mean that you have to have an online connection in order to play the game?

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 27
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/13/2019 8:57:54 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

quote:

Does this mean that you have to have an online connection in order to play the game?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The "I'm on the airplane with a laptop" use case is still very much in our minds and in fact has blocked us from doing a few more things that we would like to. The platform images and high-resolution map tiles enhance the game, but are not necessary to run it.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 28
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/13/2019 8:59:14 PM   
Eggstor

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

(Likely) not. The online connection for the image pack is essentially a backup to a manual install.

Follow-up question (or two) on that front for the benefit of those who use some of their own images - can the auto-update image feature be turned off, or will there be a message saying that the images are being updated/an image update is available?

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 29
RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 - 9/14/2019 2:20:37 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The "I'm on the airplane with a laptop" use case is still very much in our minds and in fact has blocked us from doing a few more things that we would like to. The platform images and high-resolution map tiles enhance the game, but are not necessary to run it.

[high-resolution map tiles enhance the game]
I almost do not care about the images: but high-resolution map tiles... that looks to be a pretty cool feature.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Several Questions regarding Command 2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI