Several Questions regarding Command 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

HalfLifeExpert -> Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/3/2019 5:31:05 PM)

Wow! This was a surprise! LINE OF SIGHT!!!! QUICK BATTLE GENERATORS!!! THANK YOU! [&o]

I'm excited, but have several questions, some of which may not be answerable now though. And I won't ask about specifics of release date.

1) Of course it's too early to ask about pricing, but is there a chance of existing CMANO owners getting a small release week discount? [;)]

Answered by Ian McNeil here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4683759&fbclid=IwAR2JKze27OauteTcJmeYDpc7QyQcs3EaT2zBhb9nKudgUq0ZNxVv6Uym8V8

2) What can you tell us about backward compatibility with CMANO scenarios, specifically community ones? Is this new title run off of the same software base as CMANO? Additionally, will the CMANO DLC scenarios/campaigns be featured in Command: Modern Ops in any capacity?

Answered by Ian McNeil here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4683759&fbclid=IwAR2JKze27OauteTcJmeYDpc7QyQcs3EaT2zBhb9nKudgUq0ZNxVv6Uym8V8

3) Like with CMANO, will there be post-release feature additions? Still kind of hoping for 'Gunboat Diplomacy' features at some point in the future. (Firing shots across bows, buzzing ships with jets etc.)

4) I think the answer will be yes, but I'm just checking: The screenshots show the stylized icons. We are fully free to use NATO/NTDS icons right? I need those. (EDIT: Nevermind, Steam screenshot #9 confirms the use of NATO/NTDS)

5) Are the Database Images included as standard or will they still be an optional download?

Those are the questions I can think of at the moment

midnight_mangler -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/3/2019 6:53:37 PM)

Wow, looks amazing! Very, very keen for this! I have been dying for Tacview integration.

I would like answers to those questions too, although I will ask "when?" ;-p

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/3/2019 10:01:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert
3) Like with CMANO, will there be post-release feature additions? Still kind of hoping for 'Gunboat Diplomacy' features at some point in the future. (Firing shots across bows, buzzing ships with jets etc.)

We are not finished with the Command engine by far.

quote:

4) I think the answer will be yes, but I'm just checking: The screenshots show the stylized icons. We are fully free to use NATO/NTDS icons right? I need those. (EDIT: Nevermind, Steam screenshot #9 confirms the use of NATO/NTDS)

Yes.

quote:

5) Are the Database Images included as standard or will they still be an optional download?

Unfortunately we still cannot bundle most images with the game due to IP issues, but this time around they will be automatically downloaded and placed in the correct directory path (if they exist), instead of being a manual process.

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/3/2019 10:07:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

We are not finished with the Command engine by far.

quote:

Yes.

quote:

Unfortunately we still cannot bundle most images with the game due to IP issues, but this time around they will be automatically downloaded and placed in the correct directory path (if they exist), instead of being a manual process.

Good to know that the growth of Command is still alive and well.

I understand about the Images, It's not a huge deal for me (only added the full image packs last week), just thought I would ask for everyone else.

Thanks for the answers! Can't wait for more info!

I've also added a section in my Steam guide for info on C:MO, which I will update as news is made avaliable. I hope I can easily adapt that guide to this new title.

Talon_XBMCX -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 1:34:42 AM)

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to hear that my investment in CMANO will not be in vain. While I certainly do not mind paying for the new features and content, the thought of having to re-invest for version 2 would have been enough to make me think twice. However, I will happily complete my CMANO collection without fear of it becoming obsolete and look forward to supporting C:MO in the future!

All the best for your continued success!!

SeaQueen -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 12:53:17 PM)

quote:

Will I still be able to replace images? One of my favorite things to do is customize my install by adding new images where they don't exist, changing ones I don't like, etc.

c3k -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 1:36:21 PM)

Outstanding news!

Rebel Yell -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 4:05:45 PM)

quote:

...QUICK BATTLE GENERATORS!!!...

That was the best thing I've read about CMO.

Can't wait to hear more about how it will work.

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 4:31:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

quote:

Will I still be able to replace images? One of my favorite things to do is customize my install by adding new images where they don't exist, changing ones I don't like, etc.

Yes. All downloaded images are still cached on disk (in the very same paths, in fact), so you can tweak and customize as desired. Images are remote-fetched only when a local copy is not found on disk.

guanotwozero -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/4/2019 9:10:12 PM)

For those of us who live in the sticks and sometimes play offline, will it be possible to download the complete image set, like at present?

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/5/2019 5:05:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero
For those of us who live in the sticks and sometimes play offline, will it be possible to download the complete image set, like at present?

Yes.

britten -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/5/2019 10:00:56 AM)

Excellent news about the (future) release. I really appreciate that more of the community wishes are being fulfilled. [&o]

1) There is no word about muliplayer at this point. Is it still planned?
2) Would it be possible to create user mods for interface (change buttons/icons etc.)?
3) Are there any plans regarding adding sounds to C:MO?
4) Are there any plans regarding more extensive manual or additional documentation?
5) Any chance for some nice looking boxed edition?

As always, thank you for answering our questions!

Marder -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/7/2019 7:10:36 PM)

Will SeaHag work with C:MO?

B52H -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/7/2019 8:19:51 PM)

Will non-LUA CSAR/downed pilots be featured in C:MO?

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/7/2019 8:41:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H

Scriptless helicopter pickup already works (we added it in v1.14). The only part that currently needs scripting is generating stranded crew when an AC is shot down. Given that scripts for this already exist and work well, this has not been given a high priority for the initial release.

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/7/2019 8:44:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: britten
2) Would it be possible to create user mods for interface (change buttons/icons etc.)?
4) Are there any plans regarding more extensive manual or additional documentation?

1) Yes.

2) Not explicitly, though many of the buttons, icons etc. are already moddable (look at the \Symbols folder and its sub-folders)

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

5) This is being looked into.

Ancalagon451 -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/7/2019 9:40:56 PM)

quote:

If you ever do this, please make it turnable off, I know that plenty of people likes it, but to me CSAR operations are nothing but an annoyance.

Ancalagon

Andrea G -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/8/2019 9:09:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ancalagon451

quote:

If you ever do this, please make it turnable off, I know that plenty of people likes it, but to me CSAR operations are nothing but an annoyance.

Ancalagon

I agree, I like it in small/medium sized scenarios but it's a nuisance in bigger ones.

76mm -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/8/2019 3:35:05 PM)

While we're asking questions, any chance CMO might involve more WWII equipment at some point?

britten -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/9/2019 6:44:58 AM)

quote:

quote:

1) Yes.

2) Not explicitly, though many of the buttons, icons etc. are already moddable (look at the \Symbols folder and its sub-folders)

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

Thank you, all of this sounds amazing. Good luck with development process![&o]

CV60 -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/9/2019 1:07:34 PM)

Weather. Please put realistic weather in Command 2. It is my precious....

hellfish6 -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/11/2019 10:30:07 PM)

I might have missed it, but will the strike planner make an appearance? Not that it matters, I'm buying regardless.

Phoenix100 -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/12/2019 7:38:16 AM)

+1 on the strike planner question. Has that already been answered? Or at least some ToT tool?

And was a rough time frame already given? Is this a thing for next year?

ultradave -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/12/2019 10:53:07 AM)

It was answered somewhere, and they said that the Advanced Strike Planner would not be part of it, at least as described in the couple of extensive threads where it's features/requests were discussed, but I believe they said there would be some more enhancements to the existing mission planner (sorry I can't find the answer they gave but I think that summarizes it).

Mini_Von -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/12/2019 9:32:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

It was answered somewhere, and they said that the Advanced Strike Planner would not be part of it, at least as described in the couple of extensive threads where it's features/requests were discussed, but I believe they said there would be some more enhancements to the existing mission planner (sorry I can't find the answer they gave but I think that summarizes it).

Here is a link to the Advanced Planner post.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4684320

ETF -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/13/2019 2:52:01 PM)

Whatever happened guy to Multiplayer Options/Coop? Is it scrapped for this engine too? Or is it possible to have a separate $$ add-on at a later date?
Surely your Military customers have this feature for multiple commands etc.

Thanks, amazing platform as always. Great job!!

edit SORRY ALREADY ADDRESSED #1 :)

quote:

1) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Yes.

tjhkkr -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/13/2019 7:12:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes. All downloaded images are still cached on disk (in the very same paths, in fact), so you can tweak and customize as desired. Images are remote-fetched only when a local copy is not found on disk.

Does this mean that you have to have an online connection in order to play the game?

Dimitris -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/13/2019 8:57:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

quote:

quote:

Does this mean that you have to have an online connection in order to play the game?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The "I'm on the airplane with a laptop" use case is still very much in our minds and in fact has blocked us from doing a few more things that we would like to. The platform images and high-resolution map tiles enhance the game, but are not necessary to run it.

Eggstor -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/13/2019 8:59:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

(Likely) not. The online connection for the image pack is essentially a backup to a manual install.

Follow-up question (or two) on that front for the benefit of those who use some of their own images - can the auto-update image feature be turned off, or will there be a message saying that the images are being updated/an image update is available?

tjhkkr -> RE: Several Questions regarding Command 2 (9/14/2019 2:20:37 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The "I'm on the airplane with a laptop" use case is still very much in our minds and in fact has blocked us from doing a few more things that we would like to. The platform images and high-resolution map tiles enhance the game, but are not necessary to run it.

[high-resolution map tiles enhance the game]
I almost do not care about the images: but high-resolution map tiles... that looks to be a pretty cool feature.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI