Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command: Modern Operations - FAQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Modern Operations - FAQ Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 2:42:15 PM   
Daniele

Some Answers - Constantly in Updating
Just to answer some of the common questions

* C:MO is a new game with a new engine

* All CMANO scenarios can be loaded in to CMO, so you will to play all your existing scenarios. The aim is to have CMO recognise your installed DLC for CMANO so all the content you already bought will just appear in CMO, assuming we can iron out all the technical wrinkles to make that happen!

* All base game scenarios from CMANO are being updated to add support for new features and generally improve them in CMO.

* CMO uses a new file format so while you can load up CMANO scenarios on CMO, you wont be able to take CMO scenarios back to CMANO.

* There will be a significant incentive for players who want to upgrade from CMANO to CMO, so you will not be paying the full price if you already own CMANO. Details TBD.

* All existing scenarios should work right out of the box, including purchased DLCs and community works.

* PRO features that have been integrated with CMO: Support for real-time streaming to Tacview, the LOS tool, the ability to merge scenarios, and customizable aircraft formations.

* Multiplayer is not present yet, although there are plans for its implementation. Just remember the old way of saying about what happens to plans and first enemy contact ;)

* Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!

* There will be Steam Workshop support

Stay tuned for further updates!|

< Message edited by Daniele -- 11/14/2019 7:34:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 4:03:38 PM   
cscrutinizer

quote:

Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!

Now you're just teasing me...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 6:00:50 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
* Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!

Nice update, thanks. Thanks especially for the above!

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 3
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 9:54:15 PM   
Primarchx

I was thinking it would be a new (64-bit) engine given the path the sim has taken. This means huge gains in performance, I'm hoping.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 4
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 11:36:15 PM   
tjhkkr

Thank you!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 5
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/11/2019 11:37:14 PM   
tjhkkr

Okay, I HATE TO ASK, but of course I am going to:
New Weather features?

Well, whatever you have up your sleeves, I know it will be a world class product!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 6
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 7:18:22 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

What can I expect from the AI to stand out from CMANO?
Like turning radars on/off to counter anti-radiation missiles as well as managing missiles as well?

"The courageous must protect freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 7
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 9:04:41 AM   
Sardaukar

I guess "enhanced dogfight routines" mentioned in https://www.matrixgames.com/game/command-modern-operations are great for WW II scenarios. Dogfight has been quite sub-par so far, IMHO.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to ProdigyofMilitaryPride)
Post #: 8
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 12:41:56 PM   
LORDPrometheus

While I would still love to see more end user customization of units to allow users to build and export their own even if this is the final feature list from what I have already seen you have earned my support

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 9
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 1:08:02 PM   
Sardaukar

Definitely must to buy.I am just bit worried about my laptop resources if new version is lot more "heavy" than current CMANO.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to LORDPrometheus)
Post #: 10
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 5:09:31 PM   
SNaidamast

When is this new software going to be available for purchase? I am very interested in modeling the possibilities of an Israeli\Iran conflict...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 11
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 5:47:41 PM   
Andrea G

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

WOW!
Something like the glorious "Command at Sea" from Clash of Arms?
For me it was the ideal WW2 companion to Harpoon.

I would like to help if you need data on the Regia Marina, got tons of books on the subject.
You can't miss the "Cilindro Assorbitore Pugliesi" on the italian BB's.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 12
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 6:29:41 PM   
SNaidamast

I thought Command - Modern Operations was to be Post WWII only...

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 13
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/12/2019 6:30:53 PM   
JPFisher55

i have been using Abgster's Ares Lite 1.1. I have noticed an improvement in AI performance. Will CMO have similar improvements to its AI over CMANO?

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 14
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/13/2019 5:57:41 PM   
AKar

quote:

ORIGINAL: SNaidamast

I thought Command - Modern Operations was to be Post WWII only...

Perhaps there could be Command - WW2 Operations in the works.

(in reply to SNaidamast)
Post #: 15
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/14/2019 2:33:15 PM   
Mgellis

Additional questions...

1. Will the global map be revised so that large inland bodies of water (Great Lakes, African Great Lakes, more of the very large rivers like the Mekong and the Yellow, etc.) will be available as sites for scenarios?

2. Will any "soft" options (firing warning shots, water cannons to discourage people who are getting too close, ramming, boarding actions, surrendering to authorities, etc.) be added? If so, which ones? (You can simulate some of these with lua actions, etc. but it would be nice if they were built into the game itself.)

3. What changes, if any, are planned for land combat?

(Yes, as you can see, I'm interested in seeing Command expand its options for low intensity conflicts.)

Thanks!

(in reply to AKar)
Post #: 16
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/14/2019 11:19:38 PM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Will a player's past CMANO scenarios also be allowed to be improved? As in being allowed to add in new platforms, change events, etc.?

"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 17
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/15/2019 10:47:52 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

quote:

ORIGINAL: ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Will a player's past CMANO scenarios also be allowed to be improved? As in being allowed to add in new platforms, change events, etc.?

That is a good question, I wonder if there is plans for an optional scenario converter to the new format.

If so, we may not know for a while though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Additional questions...

1. Will the global map be revised so that large inland bodies of water (Great Lakes, African Great Lakes, more of the very large rivers like the Mekong and the Yellow, etc.) will be available as sites for scenarios?

2. Will any "soft" options (firing warning shots, water cannons to discourage people who are getting too close, ramming, boarding actions, surrendering to authorities, etc.) be added? If so, which ones? (You can simulate some of these with lua actions, etc. but it would be nice if they were built into the game itself.)

3. What changes, if any, are planned for land combat?

(Yes, as you can see, I'm interested in seeing Command expand its options for low intensity conflicts.)

Thanks!

Good questions, I am especially interested in #2.

Having more bodies of water to work with would be great too, but you'd have to have a very creative setup for operations in the Great Lakes. USA and Canada are best friends!

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 9/15/2019 10:49:32 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/20/2019 1:48:58 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Here's a little something I pondered on "The King is Back" thread a while ago...

quote:

Here's something that should be implemented, if practical - The ability to target ships moored at docks/piers, etc. As opposed to catching them with explosions to do damage. It makes a lot of sense on the subject of using C-4, high explosive and satchel charges.

Can this be made possible, if at all with the new ground system? And will certain military spec-ops teams have the ability to climb mountains and swim across bodies of water?

< Message edited by ProdigyofMilitaryPride -- 9/20/2019 5:37:43 AM >

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 19
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/20/2019 11:16:40 AM   
Sardaukar

Dare I wish for WW II DLC already?

Post #: 20
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/20/2019 3:29:44 PM   
lecrop

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Dare I wish for WW II DLC already?

My wet dream: the naval campaign in the Atlantic from the BdU perspective...

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 21
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/20/2019 3:29:57 PM   
jun5896

WW2 database? Wow That's great idea. I hope to play WW2 naval battle scenario with CMO's engine.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 22
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/21/2019 12:49:54 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

An extension to my question as well, if I may...
Can there be attacks allowed on aircraft in open parking spaces and ships in port as opposed to bombing/blasting the entire facility for a random explosion to do the job?

< Message edited by ProdigyofMilitaryPride -- 9/21/2019 12:51:23 AM >

(in reply to jun5896)
Post #: 23
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/21/2019 2:36:40 AM   
Raptorx7_slith

quote:

Can there be attacks allowed on aircraft in open parking spaces and ships in port as opposed to bombing/blasting the entire facility for a random explosion to do the job?

You can already target aircraft in open parking spots and hangars.

Post #: 24
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/22/2019 10:03:14 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raptorx7_slith

quote:

Assumed person meant the aircraft itself vs the parking space it's on, or alternatively related the issue when you want to hit a 'single unit' airbase and actually being able to select the subunits vs it just random targeting when you hit it via bol (and reassignment) or other round about ways to hit said 'single unit' facilities that don't let you get specific with target selection in those cases.

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 25
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/22/2019 5:35:11 PM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raptorx7_slith

quote:

Assumed person meant the aircraft itself vs the parking space it's on, or alternatively related the issue when you want to hit a 'single unit' airbase and actually being able to select the subunits vs it just random targeting when you hit it via bol (and reassignment) or other round about ways to hit said 'single unit' facilities that don't let you get specific with target selection in those cases.

Exactly - Especially when it comes down to having Spec-Ops units like Navy SEALs blow up moored ships or grounded aircraft with explosives. Being able to target the aircraft/ships themselves as opposed to having an explosion on the parking space doing the job.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 26
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 9/23/2019 12:47:21 PM   
melnibonian

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

My wet dream: the naval campaign in the Atlantic from the BdU perspective...

If this is indeed possible I will try to look for my old installation of Silent Hunter III/GWX Mod

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 27
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 10/2/2019 9:18:42 AM   
britten

Thanks to Matrix & Dimitris for providing extensive information about new Command game. You're handling it really well!

There's one more question to ask. Are you able to say if the release will happen this year or next?

< Message edited by britten -- 10/2/2019 9:21:54 AM >

(in reply to melnibonian)
Post #: 28
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 10/3/2019 6:39:54 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

I'm predicting in two years it'll come to pass. Considering the amount of content this is gonna have...

< Message edited by ProdigyofMilitaryPride -- 10/3/2019 6:41:46 AM >

(in reply to britten)
Post #: 29
RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ - 10/3/2019 9:03:24 AM   
britten

On published screenshots & vidoes you can see that most of the new features are already implemented (new interface/maps/tacview/map scrolling). Not everything has to be available on the first day of release. That means that day can come much earlier than two years.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Modern Operations - FAQ Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI