Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kfz 4 Lt AA Car

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Kfz 4 Lt AA Car Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kfz 4 Lt AA Car - 10/12/2019 1:30:20 PM   
Chris21wen

Did the LMG on this vehicle have a dual purpose. I.E. AA when on the vehicle, ground support when off?
Post #: 1
RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car - 10/12/2019 2:19:10 PM   
King_Solomon

Chris21wen-

According to this link:
http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Motor_Vehicles/Germany/Einheits-Fahrgestelle/le__Einheits-Pkw/Kfz__4/kfz__4.html

"A light tripod 34 was stored at the rear. With the tripod, one MG 34 could be used outside of the vehicle."

Interestingly it also states "The units which were allowed to have Kfz 4’s had only one vehicle, each."

Hope that helps! Definitely was an interesting read.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car - 10/12/2019 11:10:20 PM   
Chris21wen

Yes I read that, but there's a problem with it.

Generally the Kfz had a crew of 3, I'm assuming 1 driver, his side kick and the gunner of the dual mount as some pictures show. KstN with a Kfz 4 show one driver, and two LMG schutzen, again I assume one per LMG so that all ties up.

The LMGs were both removable from the dual mount and with two LMG schutzen could in theory both be used in the ground support roll, so is the info incorrect? Maybe it was correct and German policy to only remove one so leaving some AA cover, all-be-it of questionable effectiveness.

(in reply to King_Solomon)
Post #: 3
RE: Kfz 4 Lt AA Car - 10/13/2019 12:07:50 AM   
King_Solomon

Yes, everything I saw said a crew of 3 as well, a driver, a gunner, and a loader.

I do not think the info is incorrect, just incomplete. I have no clue on policy. Both guns could be removed and used in a ground support role if needed but only one tripod was included. My question is what type of tripod was included? I would guess an AA Tripod. Even though it can be adjusted it would leave the user exposed if used in a ground support role, right?

And here is a picture of the car with what appears to be the Zwillingslafette 36 mount sitting next to it. My guess is they removed it when they went cruising for girls. Look, he's pointing to where they are!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by King_Solomon -- 10/13/2019 12:09:10 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Kfz 4 Lt AA Car Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI