Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CMO Feature Sugestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> CMO Feature Sugestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CMO Feature Sugestions - 10/30/2019 1:36:32 AM   
Scorpion86

Hi there! Since CMO was announced, I really started thinking about what kind of changes I would like to see in it. Not big things, since most of the big things I wanted were already in the announcements, but some small quality of life improvements, like:

1 - A way of tweaking an aircraft's refuelling logic
I can't count the number of times I was in the middle of a strike when the attacking aircraft decided to go refuel all on it's own and fly 300 miles to the nearest tanker. And when I stopped it manually, it would go back to refuelling.
Today, when I want to control a single aircraft's refuelling logic, all you have is the "allow refuelling/do not refuel" drop down menu. But when you have a mission, you can tell the aircraft on patrol to only refuel from tankers of mission X, to only refuel if there's a tanker within Y miles, or to only refuel when you're down to W% of fuel. That would be nice to have for aircraft not assigned to a mission as well.

2 - Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm increments
When I was play-testing my latest scenario, For The Honour Of The Republic (*cough*shameless self-promotion*cough*), I had Portuguese AF A-7Ps armed with AIM-9L-1 missiles going against Yak-38M Forgers armed with R-60M Aphids.
The AIM-9L-1 has a 10nm range, but the WRA only allows me to set the automatic firing range between the full 10nm or 5nm, nothing else. If I fired the AIM-9s at 10nm, the Forgers would shake them, if I fired them at 5nm, my fighters would be close enough to be shot at by the Aphids. If I could set the auto-fire distance to 75% of the range, that would be ideal.
Having the ranges of weapons in the WRA menu set in 5nm increments may be more intuitive, but it penalises scenarios using shorter-ranged weapons, like mid-to-late cold war fighter duels.

3 - Unit "Scoreboard"
This is the least serious request of the three, but what the hell, dreaming pays no tax, so here we go:
It would be neat to have some sort of scoreboard during the mission to see which unit behaved better during the scenario. Things like, best ace, best ground attacker, unit that suppressed more SAM sites, etc, etc...

These are my humble suggestions so far. I know you must be super busy squashing bugs and it is certainly too late to implement this with only 15 days to go before launch, but what do you think, oh mighty game creators? And you, fellow fans?

< Message edited by Scorpion86 -- 11/2/2019 12:58:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 10/30/2019 2:11:50 AM   
thewood1

1) Does the tanker configuration menu not give you that?
2) I don't agree with this. That would require having a calculator and knowing the max range of every missile. I would rather deal with fiddling around with short range missiles than the hassle of trying figure out what 60% of the max range is for an SM-2.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 2
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 10/30/2019 2:24:42 AM   
macinlew

For 2 maybe just add another increment option of 2.5 or even increments of 1.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 10/30/2019 12:21:25 PM   
c3k

For number 2, how about a slider (or up/down button) that allows increments of 1 mile...and on the side it shows what that distance means in %?

Such as, for a 90 mile range missile: 75nm....83%

(in reply to macinlew)
Post #: 4
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 10/30/2019 9:38:05 PM   
ETF

MULTIPLAYER/COOP :)

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to c3k)
Post #: 5
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 11/2/2019 12:57:46 AM   
Scorpion86

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Only for aircraft within a mission. For "manually controlled" aircraft we have markedly less control over WHEN and FROM WHOM they refuel, ironically. Hell, it's so frustrating to set up all the chess pieces, only to have a flyboy with more than 1000nm left in the fuel tanks go "SORRY, BAWSS, GOTTA TOP UP THE TANK" and turn tail towards the refuel aircraft that's 200nm behind... That and RTB aircraft with more than enough to go back to base emptying your tankers that were supporting your strike aircraft... Or RTB aircraft that are 100nm turning back to refuel... on tankers that are 500nm away...

quote:

ORIGINAL: macinlew

Or a variable scale! From 0 to 20nm, and increment of 2nm, from 20 to 100nm, an increment of 5nm, for more than 100nm, an increment of 10nm.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 11/2/2019 3:28:59 AM   
Raptorx7_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scorpion86

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Only for aircraft within a mission. For "manually controlled" aircraft we have markedly less control over WHEN and FROM WHOM they refuel, ironically. Hell, it's so frustrating to set up all the chess pieces, only to have a flyboy with more than 1000nm left in the fuel tanks go "SORRY, BAWSS, GOTTA TOP UP THE TANK" and turn tail towards the refuel aircraft that's 200nm behind... That and RTB aircraft with more than enough to go back to base emptying your tankers that were supporting your strike aircraft... Or RTB aircraft that are 100nm turning back to refuel... on tankers that are 500nm away...

quote:

ORIGINAL: macinlew

Or a variable scale! From 0 to 20nm, and increment of 2nm, from 20 to 100nm, an increment of 5nm, for more than 100nm, an increment of 10nm.

Use the bingo fuel settings under doctrine/EMCON.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 7
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 11/2/2019 10:34:47 AM   
Dimitris

Added a dedicated poll/thread for new features so that they can be centralized and voted: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 11/9/2019 3:59:54 PM   
Scorpion86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raptorx7_slith

Use the bingo fuel settings under doctrine/EMCON.

That option only controls the RTB settings. What I want on Doctrine is something like the option (underlined in red) in the tanker planner in the Mission Editor, maybe expressed in bingo + percentage fuel remaining.
Hell, they could add this entire menu!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Scorpion86 -- 11/16/2019 4:33:24 PM >

(in reply to Raptorx7_slith)
Post #: 9
RE: CMO Feature Sugestions - 11/16/2019 9:12:49 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

The number two suggestion here by OP is something i would love to have the ability to do also, although it is true you then have to know the range of all the weapons.

But the solutions provided by c3k and OP in his second post would take care of that problem but is just as good.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> CMO Feature Sugestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI