Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any way to design a custom unit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Any way to design a custom unit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/2/2019 10:18:50 AM   
superman81906

I am not talking about tweaking an existing unit, I am asking about creating an additional unit that is not in the game yet. Any way to do this?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/3/2019 6:49:37 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

There are a certain number of unit slots, and you can amend the stats of those units, but no extra unit slots can be added.

Though, I'm not sure I fully understand the question, is it that you're using all the slots and need another?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to superman81906)
Post #: 2
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/5/2019 8:36:40 AM   
superman81906

I checked the editor again and I don't think I can do this. I was wanting to make some custom units, like elite units, with custom camo. They would have to be a separate units other than the originals with their own stats and models. Like heavy tanks, and then heavy elite tanks. But it does not seem that you can make a completely new unit other than what is in the editor now. No big deal.

Thanks

< Message edited by superman81906 -- 11/5/2019 8:38:07 AM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/5/2019 9:47:18 PM   
Robert24

I think all that can be done by making changes in the editor and bitmaps.

Post #: 4
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/6/2019 1:22:46 PM   
Tidavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: superman81906

I checked the editor again and I don't think I can do this. I was wanting to make some custom units, like elite units, with custom camo. They would have to be a separate units other than the originals with their own stats and models. Like heavy tanks, and then heavy elite tanks. But it does not seem that you can make a completely new unit other than what is in the editor now. No big deal.

Thanks

Yes. You can design a completely new unit and give it new stats and new 3d graphics. However, you have to use one of the existing unit slots to so.

To see some custom graphics, check the WiE Mods section and download the Pazer Korps mod and look at the included graphic files

Again, you would have to use an existing unit slot but adding what you want is possible but limited.

Post #: 5
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/6/2019 10:48:24 PM   
Hairog

You have to be creative and can't go outside certain parameters. I created numerous units for World War Three 1946 but you have to start with a base unit that is the same type as your new one.
Example: I turned the Dreadnaught into a Sea Hund Mini-sub. You have to start with a naval unit to create a naval unit. I used defensive evasion to simulate how hard it is to pin one of the little buggers down compared to the Dreadnaught. Decreased the range, decreased the damage done for most targets, increased damage for transports etc.

For the Wasserfall anti-air missile I used the third level of the anti-aircraft unit. I increased the damage done to the Strategic bomber a lot.

I suggest you use the tier three Marine unit for your elite unit. make the bitmap you want the go in and increase hit points, evasion, etc.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Tidavis)
Post #: 6
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/7/2019 6:04:21 AM   
superman81906

I was thinking of changing the sprites and stats of the unit to make a new one, but can you change the primary name of the category, like, light tanks to elite tanks? I don't see that option anywhere.

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 7
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/7/2019 8:42:49 AM   
Tidavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: superman81906

I was thinking of changing the sprites and stats of the unit to make a new one, but can you change the primary name of the category, like, light tanks to elite tanks? I don't see that option anywhere.

Open your campaign's localization text file. Either change

#UNIT_ID_25= Light Tanks to

or add the line

#UNIT_ID_25= Elite Tanks

Post #: 8
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/9/2019 2:24:03 AM   
superman81906

Thank you. Now that I think about it, maybe they should have put a few dozen empty slots built into the editor, then everyone could make even more custom units as they see fit for their mods. Not sure if that would have worked though?

< Message edited by superman81906 -- 11/9/2019 2:26:11 AM >

(in reply to Tidavis)
Post #: 9
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/9/2019 7:07:40 PM   
BillRunacre

That's actually part of the reason why there are generally a few more slots available than are used in the official campaigns.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Post #: 10
RE: Any way to design a custom unit? - 11/9/2019 11:45:58 PM   
superman81906

A good decision the dev team made. I have to say that the game is much better than I expected. Along with the AI and scripting, the game is very challenging and fun. One of the best purchases I have made in the last few years.

Thank you

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> Any way to design a custom unit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI