Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intelligent SAM Operators

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Intelligent SAM Operators Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 10:09:19 AM   
Zathred

While we are all waiting for CMO to be released today I've posted an example scenario in the LUA Legion sub-forum which implements basic AI for SAM operators via LUA scripting. The example shows how to activate a SAM FCR radar only when a contact is within missile range.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716062
Post #: 1
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 11:05:15 AM   
Dimitris

IIRC SAM facilities can already behave this way if you just instruct them to be EMCON-silent...?

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 2
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 11:18:51 AM   
Asparagin

Maybe I didn't understand the scenario right, but how would a Sam site know IRL when the target is in missile range without radar or buddy tracking?

< Message edited by Asparagin -- 11/14/2019 11:20:30 AM >

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 3
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 11:42:19 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Asparagin
Maybe I didn't understand the scenario right, but how would a Sam site know IRL when the target is in missile range without radar or buddy tracking?

The idea is that someone else (another radar, or a passive IR or ESM system etc.) is doing the tracking and providing offboard data to the SAM unit, so they need to light up only at the last possible moment.

(in reply to Asparagin)
Post #: 4
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 12:23:47 PM   
Zathred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

IIRC SAM facilities can already behave this way if you just instruct them to be EMCON-silent...?

The scenario is a basic demo. The idea of using the LUA scripting is to perform more intelligent actions rather than just on/off and I've provided examples at the end of the post (e.g. Don't activate FCR radar if a missile is approaching in case it's an ARM targeting the radar site)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 1:29:11 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zathred
The scenario is a basic demo. The idea of using the LUA scripting is to perform more intelligent actions rather than just on/off and I've provided examples at the end of the post (e.g. Don't activate FCR radar if a missile is approaching in case it's an ARM targeting the radar site)

That does sound good, thanks!

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 6
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 3:20:31 PM   
LMychajluk

Interesting.... I've generally been putting my Radars and SAMS in a single Anti-Air Mission. Sounds like I want one Mission for the Radars, and a second (w/ EMCOM Passive) for the SAMS...

Again, learn something new every day w/ this game!

-Lee

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
RE: Intelligent SAM Operators - 11/14/2019 7:56:49 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: LMychajluk

Interesting.... I've generally been putting my Radars and SAMS in a single Anti-Air Mission. Sounds like I want one Mission for the Radars, and a second (w/ EMCOM Passive) for the SAMS...

Again, learn something new every day w/ this game!

-Lee

Yup, usually a good idea to have them separate if using automation like this or aresai, save for if\when both share the same unit. :(

Related:
Something for the scenedit wish list if doable - Allow individual sensors on a unit to be flipped on\off via lua like you can manually in the gui. something like ScenEdit_SetSensor(unit='name\guid',sensorguid='guid',enabled=true\false, overrideEmcom=true\false), since as I recall the unit.sensor table entries for sensor_isactive are read-only, and changing emcom changes it for the whole unit.

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Intelligent SAM Operators Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI