Intelligent SAM Operators (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Zathred -> Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 10:09:19 AM)

While we are all waiting for CMO to be released today I've posted an example scenario in the LUA Legion sub-forum which implements basic AI for SAM operators via LUA scripting. The example shows how to activate a SAM FCR radar only when a contact is within missile range.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716062

Dimitris -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 11:05:15 AM)

IIRC SAM facilities can already behave this way if you just instruct them to be EMCON-silent...?

Asparagin -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 11:18:51 AM)

Maybe I didn't understand the scenario right, but how would a Sam site know IRL when the target is in missile range without radar or buddy tracking?

Dimitris -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 11:42:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Asparagin
Maybe I didn't understand the scenario right, but how would a Sam site know IRL when the target is in missile range without radar or buddy tracking?

The idea is that someone else (another radar, or a passive IR or ESM system etc.) is doing the tracking and providing offboard data to the SAM unit, so they need to light up only at the last possible moment.

Zathred -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 12:23:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

IIRC SAM facilities can already behave this way if you just instruct them to be EMCON-silent...?

The scenario is a basic demo. The idea of using the LUA scripting is to perform more intelligent actions rather than just on/off and I've provided examples at the end of the post (e.g. Don't activate FCR radar if a missile is approaching in case it's an ARM targeting the radar site)

Dimitris -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 1:29:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zathred
The scenario is a basic demo. The idea of using the LUA scripting is to perform more intelligent actions rather than just on/off and I've provided examples at the end of the post (e.g. Don't activate FCR radar if a missile is approaching in case it's an ARM targeting the radar site)

That does sound good, thanks!

LMychajluk -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 3:20:31 PM)

Interesting.... I've generally been putting my Radars and SAMS in a single Anti-Air Mission. Sounds like I want one Mission for the Radars, and a second (w/ EMCOM Passive) for the SAMS...

Again, learn something new every day w/ this game!

-Lee

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Intelligent SAM Operators (11/14/2019 7:56:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LMychajluk

Interesting.... I've generally been putting my Radars and SAMS in a single Anti-Air Mission. Sounds like I want one Mission for the Radars, and a second (w/ EMCOM Passive) for the SAMS...

Again, learn something new every day w/ this game!

-Lee

Yup, usually a good idea to have them separate if using automation like this or aresai, save for if\when both share the same unit. :(

Related:
Something for the scenedit wish list if doable - Allow individual sensors on a unit to be flipped on\off via lua like you can manually in the gui. something like ScenEdit_SetSensor(unit='name\guid',sensorguid='guid',enabled=true\false, overrideEmcom=true\false), since as I recall the unit.sensor table entries for sensor_isactive are read-only, and changing emcom changes it for the whole unit.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI