Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SeaHag and CMO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> SeaHag and CMO Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 12:35:52 PM   
Slick91

Just curious if the SeaHag sound mod is compatible - or even relevant - for use with CMO?

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Post #: 1
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 1:04:58 PM   
ETF

That would be nice if they had something like that built in......maybe for the wish list. Of course after mutiplayer lol :)

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 2
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 2:19:00 PM   
sluggy2010

I'm downloading my CMO at the moment I'll check 'Hag out tomorrow

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 3
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 2:42:53 PM   
Darren_H_slith

The sound in my opinion is MUCH improved. Music and everything. Also, the way the game displays group information is so much better. I actually think Sea Hag could be a bit of a downgrade.

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 4
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 2:51:18 PM   
sluggy2010

Good to hear - makes my life easier I'll leave 'Hag as is

(in reply to Darren_H_slith)
Post #: 5
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/14/2019 3:02:40 PM   
LMychajluk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darren_H_slith

The sound in my opinion is MUCH improved. Music and everything. Also, the way the game displays group information is so much better. I actually think Sea Hag could be a bit of a downgrade.

Absolutely, but I wish there was still some in-game volume control. I was playing for all of 45 seconds before I had to disable the music, and I'm waiting for that first incoming vampire alert to blow my speakers out! ;)

-Lee

Post #: 6
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 3:07:44 PM   
CV60

The one think I will miss is that Sea Hag allowed me to have an ambient sound loop going during game play, that could be randomized in play order. I had a some long play tracks of CIC and/or operations centers that I used with CMANO. I can probably do the same by simply re-naming the tracks "Track01", "Track02" etc and placing them in the music folder or by playing them outside of CMO with Windows Media player. With that said, the ability to add sounds to events was one of the features I liked with SeaHag. It would be nice if CNO had that funcionality.

One other thing-Thanks Sluggy for your work on Sea Hag. It really did add a lot to CMANO.

< Message edited by CV60 -- 11/15/2019 3:09:16 PM >

(in reply to LMychajluk)
Post #: 7
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 5:51:21 PM   
Tusler@Matrix

I wish there was a way to turn down just the music.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before it's too Late!

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 8
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 6:00:25 PM   
fatgreta1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tusler@Matrix

I wish there was a way to turn down just the music.

Is there no such option? That's kind of a surprise.

(in reply to Tusler@Matrix)
Post #: 9
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 7:05:34 PM   
Tusler@Matrix

Not that I can find.

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 10
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 8:14:51 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60

The one think I will miss is that Sea Hag allowed me to have an ambient sound loop going during game play, that could be randomized in play order. I had a some long play tracks of CIC and/or operations centers that I used with CMANO. I can probably do the same by simply re-naming the tracks "Track01", "Track02" etc and placing them in the music folder or by playing them outside of CMO with Windows Media player. With that said, the ability to add sounds to events was one of the features I liked with SeaHag. It would be nice if CNO had that funcionality.

One other thing-Thanks Sluggy for your work on Sea Hag. It really did add a lot to CMANO.

+1

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 11
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 9:27:54 PM   
sluggy2010

Seahag is still there for text to voice notification and ambient sound if wanted, it was created to give CMANO a commercial lift at the time.

The last version still works with CMO just remember to aim it at the new log directory.

If there are any new issues then I'll fix - but it seems to be OK at the moment.

- Didn't realize the thread had 163,000 hits so guess it did its job - thanks for the comment..... now back to my CMO session

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 12
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/15/2019 10:03:37 PM   
$trummer

quote:

ORIGINAL: sluggy2010

Seahag is still there for text to voice notification and ambient sound if wanted, it was created to give CMANO a commercial lift at the time.

The last version still works with CMO just remember to aim it at the new log directory.

If there are any new issues then I'll fix - but it seems to be OK at the moment.

- Didn't realize the thread had 163,000 hits so guess it did its job - thanks for the comment..... now back to my CMO session

/quote]

You did a great job. I owe you a beer or two.

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 13
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/16/2019 12:42:01 PM   
serjames

first option selected.... disable the music. C'mon guys. No volume ? Really ?

(in reply to $trummer)
Post #: 14
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 3:52:34 AM   
Tusler@Matrix

I did learn as long as I use CMO's naming convention for mp3 I can load any mp3 music I want and it works.

(in reply to serjames)
Post #: 15
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 10:22:49 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hey guys, the sound improvements are one of my passion projects and I fully intend to expand on them in the future.

With regards to randomised chatter or ambient noise we had some rather mixed feedback in beta testing on this. Of course it can be added as an option but that in itself adds development hours.

If this is important for your experience in game please let us know specifically which sound effects you'd like on randomised loop and also vote on the CMO feature request thread.

(in reply to Tusler@Matrix)
Post #: 16
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 1:24:51 PM   
Marder

I know, developing the game-engine is more important but i would love to hear a unit reporting if you choose it.
E.g. "[generated voice of unit name] reporting" underlaid with the corresponding sound of unit type. (airjet, airprop, helicopter, submarine central, sound of a flying cruise missile...)
The sound of the unit type should remain in a loop if the unit stays choosen.
Btw, there should be options for volume levels of music and sound effects.

Just bought "Radio Commander" for this kind of immersion and i think i'm not alone with these wishes.
if I think of something else, I write in here. Thanks.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 17
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 4:52:09 PM   
magi

quote:

darn.... i didnt know this.... i am so pleased.... i love seahag....

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 18
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 5:25:56 PM   
magi

they need to pin seahag back on the front page.....

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 19
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 11:34:33 PM   
ETF

Just have to remember how to set it up :)
Its not that easy IIRC....Well for an old guys.

Twitter

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 20
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/17/2019 11:50:50 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Hey guys, the sound improvements are one of my passion projects and I fully intend to expand on them in the future.

With regards to randomised chatter or ambient noise we had some rather mixed feedback in beta testing on this. Of course it can be added as an option but that in itself adds development hours.

If this is important for your experience in game please let us know specifically which sound effects you'd like on randomised loop and also vote on the CMO feature request thread.

Honestly, I think having the ambient sound of whatever you have selected would go a long way, and probably be minimal effort. 4 sounds, Air, Sea, Land, and Subsurface. Just a low hum that represents the platform, like they do in dangerous waters.

You could make it an option (Turn Ambient platform noises on/off) and with only 4 sound files, not much in the way of having to develop a bunch of sounds.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 21
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/19/2019 10:19:13 PM   
conrad44

Ambient sounds similar to Sea Hag would be a plus. Could not get Sea Hag to work under CMO.

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 22
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/20/2019 6:12:35 AM   
Marder

Why not just trigger the right environment loop when choosing a unit?
For example, if a uboot is selected, a sound loop of the control room remains.
Or just a loop of the fitting engine sound of the selected unit.

< Message edited by Marder -- 11/20/2019 6:13:50 AM >

(in reply to conrad44)
Post #: 23
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/20/2019 4:07:25 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marder

Why not just trigger the right environment loop when choosing a unit?
For example, if a uboot is selected, a sound loop of the control room remains.
Or just a loop of the fitting engine sound of the selected unit.

Exactly!

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 24
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/20/2019 8:45:54 PM   
Darren_H_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marder

I know, developing the game-engine is more important but i would love to hear a unit reporting if you choose it.
E.g. "[generated voice of unit name] reporting" underlaid with the corresponding sound of unit type. (airjet, airprop, helicopter, submarine central, sound of a flying cruise missile...)
The sound of the unit type should remain in a loop if the unit stays choosen.
Btw, there should be options for volume levels of music and sound effects.

Just bought "Radio Commander" for this kind of immersion and i think i'm not alone with these wishes.
if I think of something else, I write in here. Thanks.

I agree with this. But, to be useful, there has to be a volume control to differentiate music, voice and ambient sound. It would also allow us to tune for various speaker or headphone setups - they are definitely not all created equal.

I'll be voting on the feature request.

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 25
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/22/2019 12:12:09 PM   
Slick91

Just a curious question, has anyone been able to replicate the old Harpoon II/III/ANW voice notification audio and place in SeaHag?

I always enjoyed how that was implemented back in the day, "Alpha Bravo, this is Alpha Sierra - new surface contact". Best I remember, those sounds were imbedded into the game and not separate wav files.

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Post #: 26
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/22/2019 1:01:07 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

Just a curious question, has anyone been able to replicate the old Harpoon II/III/ANW voice notification audio and place in SeaHag?

I always enjoyed how that was implemented back in the day, "Alpha Bravo, this is Alpha Sierra - new surface contact". Best I remember, those sounds were imbedded into the game and not separate wav files.

In CMANO, I had a lot of issues getting seahag to work, so I just replaced the new contact and new missile sounds with a voice I bought online (and can make it say whatever) then I spliced the new contact sound along with the voice. Here's an example of my "New Contact" sound. I like it better than just a ping.

I suggested they add text to speech in the poll, so we can just use that instead of relying on seahag.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/22/2019 1:02:53 PM >

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 27
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/23/2019 2:48:21 PM   
incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: JOhnnyr

In CMANO, I had a lot of issues getting seahag to work, so I just replaced the new contact and new missile sounds with a voice I bought online (and can make it say whatever) then I spliced the new contact sound along with the voice. Here's an example of my "New Contact" sound. I like it better than just a ping.

I suggested they add text to speech in the poll, so we can just use that instead of relying on seahag.

I downloaded this and listened to it. I LOVED it. Will be my "New Contact" sound here out.

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 28
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/23/2019 2:50:38 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: JOhnnyr

I downloaded this and listened to it. I LOVED it. Will be my "New Contact" sound here out.

Awesome! Let me know if you want the new missile contact as well, or if you want me to make a custom sound with that voice. I'd be happy to do it.

Edit, I'll just upload the Missile voice:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/23/2019 11:53:03 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 29
RE: SeaHag and CMO - 11/23/2019 4:09:05 PM   
cdcool

quote:

Outstanding!! It adds slot to the game, very happy to hear it still works.
Will give it a try tonight!

Where will updates be posted?

(in reply to sluggy2010)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> SeaHag and CMO Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI