Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 3:24:34 PM   
CSSS

I want to play Blue Max, I have downloaded all three files, but do not see a MOD folder? I bought the game on Steam.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 3:33:21 PM   
Oxybeles

Try here:
C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 4:08:22 PM   
Hubert Cater

1) If you navigate to the following folder, you should see a 'Mods' subfolder after you launch the game. If it isn't there you'll just need to run the game at least once or create it manually.

C:\Users\<uesrname>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWI

2) After that you just need to download, extract and place the mod files in this folder.

3) Then launch the game, go to SETTINGS from within the MAIN MENU screen, click on MODS, and then turn on the desired mod by ticking off the box to the right of the listed mod.

Hope this helps!
Hubert

(in reply to Oxybeles)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 6:09:26 PM   
CSSS

Thank Hubert! I have been with you since SC1, I have bought 100% of your games over the years and each one reaches a new standard of excellence!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 6:37:41 PM   
CSSS

I have my Steam games download to D: drive as it has many TB available, to path to a Steam game would be D: Steam/common/scwwI/but there is not a mod folder in the files, when I start the game and hit settings there is a Mod but it is empty. I have downloaded all the Blue Max mod and moved them to my SC wwi file on D but, still don't see them when I launch the game. I suppose it would have been easier if I had bought it from Matrix. Are there any other Steam purchasers who have got the Blue Max to work?

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 9:24:33 PM   
IronX

I don't have the Steam version, although I do for the WWII games and the Mod directory is always created in your Documents folder. It will look like this in Wondows 10:

If you open your File Explorer, Documents will be pinned to the left hand Quick Access menu:

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 9:38:43 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: CSSS

I have my Steam games download to D: drive as it has many TB available, to path to a Steam game would be D: Steam/common/scwwI/but there is not a mod folder in the files, when I start the game and hit settings there is a Mod but it is empty. I have downloaded all the Blue Max mod and moved them to my SC wwi file on D but, still don't see them when I launch the game. I suppose it would have been easier if I had bought it from Matrix. Are there any other Steam purchasers who have got the Blue Max to work?

The mod folder is not in the game install folder, it is under ...\my documents\my games\strategic command ... etc.
So check your c drive

(Never mind - missed the previous post)

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 12/5/2019 9:39:54 PM >

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 9:42:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks IronX and Simulacra53 for posting on this, and yes, to confirm, the MOD folder will be in the same location which is the USER folder for the game regardless of whether you purchase the Steam, Matrix or GoG versions of the game.

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? - 12/5/2019 9:42:35 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: CSSS

Thank Hubert! I have been with you since SC1, I have bought 100% of your games over the years and each one reaches a new standard of excellence!

Great to hear and thanks for your years of support as well!

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Can't find MOD folder ? Bought on Steam? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI