Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I download a scenario into the Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Tech Support >> How do I download a scenario into the Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I download a scenario into the Editor - 12/10/2019 11:00:45 PM   
Danni1

The Battle Editor is a red-hot mess. How do I download say, units from the "Operation Sealion" expansion into editor? Whenever I try, I get a error message and I'm kicked out of the editor. When I go online for help. everything I find tells me to "Find a campaign directory (e.g. 3Bulge) from the Campaigns directory in the game install, ", but I downloaded the series form the WI-Fi, and I cant open the download. What else can I try?

< Message edited by Danni1 -- 12/10/2019 11:01:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How do I download a scenario into the Editor - 12/10/2019 11:46:52 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Some of the campaigns use their own squads file, and so need that copied into the custom campaign folder that you make. The simplest approach is likely to copy the original campaign folder into your local folder (Documents/My Games/BBCBA/CAMPAIGNS) and then delete the scenarios. You can rename the campaign in the TEXT1.TXT file in the folder.

You can likely find more and better help from the modding community over on the main game forum: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=87

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Danni1)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I download a scenario into the Editor - 12/11/2019 4:54:07 PM   
Danni1

I did what you said-copied the sealion campaign, deleted the scenarios and then renamed the folder "sealion10"
But the sealion units still aren't coming up in the editor. (The only campaign that DOES come up in "Battlefield tuturoal1 or something like that). And did you mean renaming the "TEXT" document in the campaign folder? Am I renaming that? If so, how? Or am I renaming whatevers in the document?

(in reply to Danni1)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I download a scenario into the Editor - 12/12/2019 9:00:20 AM   
PipFromSlitherine

You would rename the IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME entry in the TEXT1.TXT file inside your new folder. I just tried it out to test and it works for me, showing me the Sealion unit list in the editor. You should get a popup asking which campaign to use when you start the editor. To clarify, the file tree for your new campaign should be Documents/My Games/BBCBA/CAMPAIGNS/SEALION10. After you select your campaign from the list when starting the editor you should see the Sealion specific loading screen.

Note you should also delete the CAMPAIGN.REZ file from the folder too, otherwise it will keep looking for the original scenarios when you try and actually play your maps.

As I say, the Slitherine BA forums are full of expert modders who have built dozens of mods and who can likely help guide you through the process if you are having trouble.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Pip

< Message edited by PipFromSlitherine -- 12/12/2019 9:01:56 AM >

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Danni1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Tech Support >> How do I download a scenario into the Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI