Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Storms at Sea - a little too severe?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Storms at Sea - a little too severe? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Storms at Sea - a little too severe? - 1/8/2020 1:36:29 PM   
Benedict151

Just finished a campaign playing as the Entente after one playing as the Central Powers, both very enjoyable.

In the second game (its not really an issue with Central Powers) I did get the feeling that storms at sea were a little too severe in their effect/regular occurrence with regard to troop transports.
I was playing for fun so wasn't keeping a record (and my memory is probably exaggerating the problem) but when shipping troops from the UK to Egypt it seemed a relatively rare event to get a unit there in one piece - most of them seemed to suffer losses en route from storms at sea (and they seemed to have a disproportionate effect on troop transports … I had ships continually at sea on the blockade lines and they suffered very little damage from storms). It hurts when your elite ANZAC corps arrives at half strength... swiftly followed by an equally damaged HQ!
Storms turned out to be far more dangerous than U-boats.

I'm wondering if it would be better to send units to Egypt via the Atlantic transit box in order to try and reduce such losses?

regards
Ben
Post #: 1
RE: Storms at Sea - a little too severe? - 1/2/2021 1:13:41 AM   
redmusic

Definitely this happens to me to. Worth looking at.

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 2
RE: Storms at Sea - a little too severe? - 1/3/2021 3:52:14 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Ben

The settings are that if a regular Transport is caught in a storm then it has a 7% chance of suffering damage, whereby it will lose 5-10% unit morale, coupled with a 50% chance of losing 1 strength point.

I'm not necessarily averse to revising this, but it does sound as though your ANZACs and HQs were extremely unlucky?

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to redmusic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Storms at Sea - a little too severe? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI