Storms at Sea - a little too severe? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I

Benedict151 -> Storms at Sea - a little too severe? (1/8/2020 1:36:29 PM)

Just finished a campaign playing as the Entente after one playing as the Central Powers, both very enjoyable.

In the second game (its not really an issue with Central Powers) I did get the feeling that storms at sea were a little too severe in their effect/regular occurrence with regard to troop transports.
I was playing for fun so wasn't keeping a record (and my memory is probably exaggerating the problem) but when shipping troops from the UK to Egypt it seemed a relatively rare event to get a unit there in one piece - most of them seemed to suffer losses en route from storms at sea (and they seemed to have a disproportionate effect on troop transports … I had ships continually at sea on the blockade lines and they suffered very little damage from storms). It hurts when your elite ANZAC corps arrives at half strength... swiftly followed by an equally damaged HQ!
Storms turned out to be far more dangerous than U-boats.

I'm wondering if it would be better to send units to Egypt via the Atlantic transit box in order to try and reduce such losses?

regards
Ben

redmusic -> RE: Storms at Sea - a little too severe? (1/2/2021 1:13:41 AM)

Definitely this happens to me to. Worth looking at.

BillRunacre -> RE: Storms at Sea - a little too severe? (1/3/2021 3:52:14 PM)

Hi Ben

The settings are that if a regular Transport is caught in a storm then it has a 7% chance of suffering damage, whereby it will lose 5-10% unit morale, coupled with a 50% chance of losing 1 strength point.

I'm not necessarily averse to revising this, but it does sound as though your ANZACs and HQs were extremely unlucky?

Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI