Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

entrechment vs trenches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> entrechment vs trenches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
entrechment vs trenches - 12/24/2019 2:12:59 PM   
fulcrum28

There is one button to add "trenches". At the same time, each turn, "entrechment" level increases by one automatically if unit does not move.
do they have the same effect? what is the the difference between add trenches and add entrechment level?

< Message edited by fulcrum28 -- 12/24/2019 2:29:23 PM >

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Post #: 1
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 12/24/2019 4:45:28 PM   
BillRunacre

Once a unit has been entrenched (i.e. is in a trench) its entrenchment level will automatically increase by 1 per turn. You don't need to use the entrenchment button again unless you want to change their trench's facing.

The higher their entrenchment level, the more entrenched they are and therefore the more enemy attacks they can likely withstand with reduced casualties.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 2
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 12/25/2019 12:21:32 PM   
fulcrum28

thanks. But we have trenches that cover two hex sides and another covers 3 of them. But I dont see any penalty to choose 3 instead of 2, so what is the point of the existence of two hex side trenches?

The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 12/26/2019 12:40:31 AM   
Mithrilotter

I always choose three sided trenches, just in case the third side might be needed.

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 4
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 12/26/2019 3:28:07 AM   
darth254

quote:

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

thanks. But we have trenches that cover two hex sides and another covers 3 of them. But I dont see any penalty to choose 3 instead of 2, so what is the point of the existence of two hex side trenches?

yeah, I was wondering about that. if there's no real downside to it, why not do 3 every time?

maybe have the additional sides require extra action points (2 sides require 2, 3 sides require 3)? or produce less effective defense per side?

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 5
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 12/28/2019 10:19:43 AM   
BillRunacre

There is no downside apart from sometimes it isn't as aesthetically pleasing to have a 3 side trench, e.g. if on a coastal hex. So there's no difference in combat, but the option is there because it can occasionally be more pleasing on the eye to only use 2.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to darth254)
Post #: 6
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 1/8/2020 10:05:58 PM   
bismark2010

The game as Germans never shows an improvement to the trenches.In other words the allies show metal trenches later in the game but I do not see this improvement on the German side.When i load the 1917 Senario I see an improvement showing the upgrade.Am I doing something wrong.I also Do upgrade the the trenches but nothing happens.Any help would I would be happy with.
Michael Patterson

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 7
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 1/8/2020 11:13:56 PM   
Chernobyl

As far as I can tell the only downside to three-sided trenches is if you need to vacate that hex later (or if you are forced out), the enemy may occupy it. In those cases you may not want to provide them with a free trench facing your potential counterattack.

(in reply to bismark2010)
Post #: 8
RE: entrechment vs trenches - 1/9/2020 1:06:19 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: bismark2010

The game as Germans never shows an improvement to the trenches.In other words the allies show metal trenches later in the game but I do not see this improvement on the German side.When i load the 1917 Senario I see an improvement showing the upgrade.Am I doing something wrong.I also Do upgrade the the trenches but nothing happens.Any help would I would be happy with.
Michael Patterson

The updates to the trenches will happen automatically as you progress in Trench Warfare research. Have you invested in Trench Warfare research and if so what level are you at in game? The improved graphics with bunkers will not show until you reach I believe at least Level-3.

(in reply to bismark2010)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> entrechment vs trenches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI