Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New patch in the works

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: New patch in the works Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New patch in the works - 12/22/2019 6:45:55 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark dolby

Is this patch available now?
I downloaded v1.04 in March and have just won a German long campaign on turn 310.
However my Wilde Sau units were able to change to other nightfighter units before the deadline. Unfortunately they then stayed as regular NJG. My 3 Gruppen still equipped with single seat could change to regular day fighters but could not return to the Wilde Sau version even though plenty remained in stock, I mention this as now flying as day fighters they not only had the extra cannons (109) but could also carry 4 WGR 210! Very potent if you can avoid the Mustangs.....

Re: 1.05, Matrix staff didn't get us an installer to test before they closed for the holidays. Should be sometime after the new year.

If a human plays Axis at least as good as the AI does, the Allied AI has a tough time getting past the July 1944 sudden death. I want to address that in the future.

I noticed that too about the Wilde Sau, I'll clarify that in the readme. "If you change an SE nightfighter group into anything but another SE nightfighter group, you will not be able to change back, and they will not become SE dayfighters when Wilde Sau tactics end".

simovitch

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 121
RE: New patch in the works - 12/22/2019 9:34:46 PM   
mark dolby

Thanks for the clarification and all the work that has been done on this great game.

I seem to remember playing a BoB game very similar in the mid/late 80's. Has this evolved from that game? (cannot remember the developer/company but the whole structure seemed very much the same...and this was on floppy disc).

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 122
RE: New patch in the works - 12/29/2019 5:54:12 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark dolby

Thanks for the clarification and all the work that has been done on this great game.

I seem to remember playing a BoB game very similar in the mid/late 80's. Has this evolved from that game? (cannot remember the developer/company but the whole structure seemed very much the same...and this was on floppy disc).

Yes, this is on the same development path from Talonsoft's "Battle of Britain". Mark, what was your total score when you won on Turn 310?

simovitch

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 123
RE: New patch in the works - 12/30/2019 6:16:57 AM   
mark dolby

Slight error in my dates.
Started the '43 campaign in March and downloaded the patch in May....
However, everything ran fine and the moonlight phase had changed, the re-centering the map and Balkan readiness were all noticeable.
The one thing that had not changed was the turns which was still at 700. If I start a new campaign then this is now at the correct 635.

Air Superiority 2
Industry damage 0 (-142)
Terror 15

A few things I did notice although they may be a result of the non restart with the patch?

1) In the last 30 turns or so the repair rate on terror really seems to have picked up. It was at 171k and I saw a reduction of over 2k points in one turn. I generally see one hundred and fifty to three hundred points repaired on turn change.
2) Dec '43 was almost solidly overcast, with only 3 days I remember having heavy bomber raids. This allowed the industry score to reach -3 being somewhere in the -1,700 points in my favour. The Allies soon got this back again but the requirement for Overlord allowed me time to get the score back down again. Whether this was a play balance thing as I was averaging 38 B17/B24 destroyed a day and the American raids were a pitiful 2-3 groups strong with no other raids.Of course it might purely have been the chance of bad weather consistently hitting the high numbers.
3) The honour sheet for WIA/KIA pilots worked fine until May '44 when the dates went to the bottom of the screen and were mixed with casualties taken in Aug/Sept '43. June '44 started to become mixed with Oct '43.
4) At some point the moonlight was not moving correctly, going from 06 on one night to 24 on the next. I believe this must be due to me not restarting though. This was during/after April '44 I think.

Mark.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 124
RE: New patch in the works - 1/7/2020 1:41:22 PM   
Johntxic

'Owt? Nowt??

The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 125
RE: New patch in the works - 1/11/2020 5:28:08 PM   
cohimbra

+1

(in reply to Johntxic)
Post #: 126
RE: New patch in the works - 1/11/2020 10:26:43 PM   
simovitch

Still waiting on an installer from Matrix. When we get that, we need to test it before we give the green light. Not sure what the holdup is.

simovitch

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 127
RE: New patch in the works - 1/18/2020 2:09:08 PM   
joey

Simovitch, are we still waiting for an installer from Matrix? It has been awhile.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 128
RE: New patch in the works - 1/18/2020 3:16:10 PM   
simovitch

Yes, we tested and signed off on it yesterday with minor changes. I would wager it will be released next week.

simovitch

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 129
RE: New patch in the works - 1/18/2020 6:24:01 PM   
joey

Very good! I have been waiting to start a new game until the new patch was released. So I am itching to get going.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 130
RE: New patch in the works - 1/27/2020 6:04:59 PM   
BigDuke66

Great that there is a sale now too, perfect with the new patch.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 1/27/2020 6:27:08 PM >

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 131
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: New patch in the works Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI