Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediat... - 2/8/2020 5:23:24 PM   
Treefrog

Twice in my game the Russians have attacked a "field" hex theretofore occupied by an entrenched Axis infantry, displaced or killed the defender, then occupied the hex. On the Axis turn before any counter attack can be launched the Russian shows level two entrenchment.

How can this happen?

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
Post #: 1
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/8/2020 7:31:43 PM   
Treefrog

The defending hex was not improved with engineer built or other improvements; just a plain ol' steppe hex.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 2
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/8/2020 7:32:11 PM   
Treefrog

has this happened to anyone else?

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 3
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/8/2020 7:42:34 PM   
BillRunacre

I'm not really sure, unless there's something else or we have a bug, e.g. could the unit that has entrenchment level 2 be being swapped in from an adjacent hex where it had (legitimately) obtained that entrenchment level?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 4
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/8/2020 9:20:55 PM   
Treefrog

Bill, short answer: no.

German army was on a field hex with a level 2 entrenchment by virtue of staying there a digging in.
From across the Dnepr River the Russians attacked in human waves until the German army was reduced to zero strength points. A Russian heavy tank advanced across the river into the formerly German hex and launched an attack. End of turn.
I checked the Russian heavy tank preparatory to counter attack and it was already at level two entrenchment.
This is the second time I have observed this to happen in my current game(i.e. Russian units killing level 2 entrenched German units, occupying the hex and starting the German turn at level 2 entrenchment.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/10/2020 2:34:11 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks for the report at this point all I can say is that I have not been able to track and correct this issue down, despite the repeated reports over the years. It has just never been repeatable on my end unfortunately.

However it is still on my list and will be fixed as soon as I can properly trace it. It is just one of those very rare occurrences for some reason.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 6
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/10/2020 6:46:58 PM   
Treefrog

Bill, we play for fun and not for money so no big deal. Those Russian units are just following good tactical acumen by digging in immediately to await the inevitable German counterattack. Great game.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 7
RE: how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment imme... - 2/10/2020 7:33:54 PM   
Kaukopartio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

Bill, we play for fun and not for money so no big deal. Those Russian units are just following good tactical acumen by digging in immediately to await the inevitable German counterattack. Great game.

It may backfire though.. I was once very happy to hop into a ready-made foxhole, until I figured out - too late - that the previous occupant had left a brown gift on the bottom of it.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> how do Russians achieve level two entrenchment immediately after their attack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI