Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Game Suggestions:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 5:49:04 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

During the war, the Soviet union received somewhat significant deliveries of AT and AA guns from the UK and USA, yet there is no armaments points lend lease as there is for supply points.
Wikipedia states 5k AT guns from the UK (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease) and 8k AA guns from the USA (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leih-_und_Pachtgesetz).

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 781
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 6:21:19 PM   
chaos45

EvK interesting find, however even with extra armaments points would the soviets be able to use them due to the Caps on production most guns now have in the game. Unless lend lease just gave the soviets x amount of certain extra AT/AA guns each turn.

Also on a secondary note- in the game the soviets would have a hard time digging up the men to man all those guns until 1944 lol.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 782
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 8:22:41 PM   
Denniss

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/LL-Ship/LL-Ship-3A.html has some info about US shipments
5.5k 40mm AA
400 57mm AT (I assume this is the gun also delivered from british + 2pdr)
250 90mm AA

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 783
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 8:28:55 PM   
morvael

I guess it would be better to represent this by adding support to the game for guns produced like tanks. That way you could model LL delivery exactly.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 784
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 8:45:29 PM   
chaos45

Also would need to make sure soviet units ToE could use the weapons.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 785
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/5/2018 9:03:50 PM   
morvael

That should work without problems.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 786
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/7/2018 7:10:49 PM   
musashi64

As far as I know the English Governement sent 2pdr (40mm) and 6 pdr (57mm) AT Guns and 40mm Bofors AA Guns.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 787
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/7/2018 10:56:53 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Is it possible to show artillery built Limits in the production screen?

What does default(xx%) mean in the editor behind the artillery build Limit in the equipment screen?

(in reply to musashi64)
Post #: 788
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/8/2018 12:39:32 PM   
Stelteck

I'am testing currently the new merge order. It is a great tool, but i have some remarks.

- The merge is often impossible for no displayed reason. In fact i think the reason is that the resulting units would be too big / over 100%. But the error message say nothing it is hard to guess. It would have been more interesting to set the unit to 100% and send excess troops to the pool. Having a more meaningfull error message would be great too.

- If the units you merge have attached support units. (Such as rifle corps with support units merges into rifle corps with support units), the merged units will return but the support units disappear. They are not transfered to upper HQ like a disband.

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 9/8/2018 2:57:16 PM >

Post #: 789
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/5/2018 1:39:02 PM   
Russell Osterlund

The following was suggested in one of my posts (but in the wrong location).

I apologize ahead of time if these two suggested enhancements have been presented (and, perhaps, discarded) but here it goes:

1) Adding to the map display the option to display historical front lines based on the current turn. I realize the display can already be very confusing and overwhelming, but unless one has access to a nice reference book with good maps or has deeply studied the campaign to the point of memorizing the entire course of the Eastern front, it would be nice to see at a glance how one is doing compared to the actual battle. Obviously this idea would not work with hypothetical scenarios, but for those historically based, it would be a nice, easy touch.

2) Some sort of past results display for individual scenarios. I have a personal weakness for always trying to improve on the last game, but justify it with the excuse that I am learning how to "really play" the game. That being said, I have taken to archiving the saved snapshots between each turn and then pulling these archives back and extracting a particular turn to check on past performance - a clumsy procedure at best. What would be contained in this "display results" could be just the final victory points and results with a snapshot of the final front-line.

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 790
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/5/2018 5:22:44 PM   
thedoctorking

Yes, you can only merge two units if the resulting unit would be under 100 TOE. That's why generally you put a brigade into a division. Brigades come back faster anyway.It would be nice to have an error message to that effect. Devs?

(in reply to Russell Osterlund)
Post #: 791
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/12/2018 3:30:17 PM   
JTP

Don't forget all the Duece and a half trucks sent by the US to the Soviets. The trucks were a large part of their getting their motorized divisions truly motorized, especially second half of the war.
I believe they even copied them later.
Lots of food too; spam anyone ?

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 792
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/12/2018 4:46:51 PM   
thedoctorking

You get a lot of vehicles from Lend-Lease.

(in reply to JTP)
Post #: 793
RE: Game Suggestions: - 12/16/2018 4:52:42 PM   
Zebtucker12

Would be lovley to see losses a bit more indepth in WITE2.
If not what type of divisons if its armoured or inf etc have lost how many men/afv/artyetc then one step up and by nationalityfor axis maybe.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 794
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/10/2019 9:14:52 PM   
uw06670

A simple request. For Forts, how about instead of displaying them On/Off you have 4 states: Show All, Show Sov, Show German, Off. When I'm planning my attacks, I like to see the defense forts, but my own forts make it harder to see counter info at times.

- Mark

(in reply to Zebtucker12)
Post #: 795
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/14/2019 5:53:30 AM   
Neogodhobo

I would like to have the possibility to write on the map of the game. Pretty much like in Hearts of Iron III (one of the DLC) did. Draw plans, or markers, whatever you want to help you out while playing.
A reason I say this is because I would like to write the enemy's armies I am facing on the actual game map. Say I am fighting against 31st Army commanded by Zhukov in a certain sector, I would like to be able to draw "31 Zhukov" in a square box, with 4 stars on top.

Eventually, the map could look like this :

(in reply to uw06670)
Post #: 796
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/14/2019 7:22:23 AM   
Neogodhobo

Also..maybe its time to give better stats to General Pavlov !!

Yes youv heard right. He was a good General, and made a scapegoat. He only mistakes were caused by disrupted C and C. And the total surprise the Germans inflicted on the Soviets.
I think giving him poor stats is really not paying tribute to a General that was killed for no reasons really. Just my two cents.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 797
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/14/2019 7:27:33 AM   
821Bobo

Pavlov stats are not that bad, 1/2 of Soviet generals have worse. Just the political rating of 1 makes him a scapegoat.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 798
RE: Game Suggestions: - 5/20/2019 9:19:04 PM   
kubakas

Add older versions of the game to Steam beta branches. So those of us that bought the game from there can also play the older versions when necessary.

Maybe it's too tedious to do it retroactively, but at least from here on. Upcoming patch seems to include some quite drastic changes.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 799
RE: Game Suggestions: - 9/16/2019 12:18:07 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

It should be possible to disband units with an auto-disband date manually. I understand why we can't disband units which are withdrawn at a later date but why limit units with a disband date too? It makes no sense.

(in reply to kubakas)
Post #: 800
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/2/2019 10:49:05 PM   
xhoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

It should be possible to disband units with an auto-disband date manually. I understand why we can't disband units which are withdrawn at a later date but why limit units with a disband date too? It makes no sense.

Big +1 on this. We need this in the new beta.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

Post #: 801
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/9/2019 5:58:39 AM   
Hanny

In options have the ability at start of campaign game, when playing as SU, have the ability to let the AI play as normal, or load in a turn one save from German play. This would be useful when playing as SU to practice against human first turn trickery.

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 802
RE: Game Suggestions: - 10/20/2019 3:04:52 PM   
Hanny

My bad, the in game editor (first time ive looked at this bit of kit) already gives this ability.

4.14. SCRIPTING THE AI Scenario designers can employ AI scripts in their scenarios that will tell the computer-controlled units where to move or make offensive thrusts. You record them by playing your scenario in human-versus-human mode. Here’s how to do it. Open up your scenario as a human versus human game and then play the first side’s turn like you would want the AI to do it. The game will automatically track your moves and attacks as a script. Once the turn is ended, select the end turn button and save the game. The game saves the scripting information in its own file (scriptRec.dat) in the Dat folder of the GGWITE game directory. Now exit out of your game, open up the editor and load your scenario. Go to the MAIN tab and select ‘Load Recorded Script’. The editor will automatically load the script that you just generated.

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 803
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/24/2020 10:02:54 PM   
AugustvonMackensen

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

I guess it would be better to represent this by adding support to the game for guns produced like tanks. That way you could model LL delivery exactly.

What fundamental difference is there between artillery ground elements and tank ground elements?
I am somewhat confused, because I would have assumed these to be basically the same, just with other values for the devices and such.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 804
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/25/2020 6:26:42 AM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: AugustvonMackensen

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

What fundamental difference is there between artillery ground elements and tank ground elements?
I am somewhat confused, because I would have assumed these to be basically the same, just with other values for the devices and such.

That was a concern over LL assets and how the game handles them, ( LL cant be interdicted in game afaict, and the SU just gets numbers of x y or z assets delivered over time, compared to the production phase which can be influenced in game and reduce SU production levels) SU sources list LL as SU produced in SU for many instances, so there is often a difference between what the W Allies sent, and arrived, and what the SU produced etc, roughly a third of smaller AT guns originated from Uk/USA but this is often lost in the numbers game and included in the SU production numbers.

Im unsure of how the game models this but suspect the LL deliveries just add to production totals, ie outside of the production phase, and morvael concern is how to better model it.

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to AugustvonMackensen)
Post #: 805
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/25/2020 9:26:07 AM   
56ajax

Whilst the game doesnt allow LL interdiction, it does only include what arrived as opposed to what was sent eg tanks historically lost at sea are not included.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 806
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/25/2020 1:58:53 PM   
AugustvonMackensen

The game models lend-lease as off-map factories that produce without consuming supplies. The only exception to this is vehicles and supplies of which a predefined number is added every turn.

If artillery ground elements and tank ground elements are not fundamentally different, it should be possible to just add off-map factories for the guns and reduce the build-limit for the soviets and the supply LL accordingly

Edit: That's why I am confused why morvael is speaking of "adding support to the game for guns produced like tanks". Isn't this allready supported?

< Message edited by AugustvonMackensen -- 2/25/2020 2:01:44 PM >

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 807
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/27/2020 9:28:34 PM   
hei1

Please apologize for bringing up another point: playing some 41 and 42 campaigns you see dramatic retreats of Russian troops (and probably in 43 and 44 same for the German side) - probably done by any medium experienced player (?). But as WitE wants to simulate the situation in the war in the east, I propose a penalty, if troop leaders perform that kind of hasty retreat ("the great leader is not amused"). E.g. reducing the political rating of corps/army leaders, if there HQ moved more than <any treshold value, e.g. 10> to the east (or west, resp.) in one turn. With some ugly consequences ...
May be there is an "easy" implementation in the logistics phase? (Apologize if I missed an already existing mechanism).

--- it's not a bug, it's a feature ---

Post #: 808
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/28/2020 6:43:07 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: AugustvonMackensen

The game models lend-lease as off-map factories that produce without consuming supplies. The only exception to this is vehicles and supplies of which a predefined number is added every turn.

If artillery ground elements and tank ground elements are not fundamentally different, it should be possible to just add off-map factories for the guns and reduce the build-limit for the soviets and the supply LL accordingly

Edit: That's why I am confused why morvael is speaking of "adding support to the game for guns produced like tanks". Isn't this allready supported?

No, this isn't supported because it depends on the class of ground elements (infantry weapons, artillery, AFV, ...) whether they are auto-produced or factory-produced. So you can't have some guns factory-produced, and some auto-produced.

Post #: 809
RE: Game Suggestions: - 2/28/2020 6:44:20 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: hei1

Please apologize for bringing up another point: playing some 41 and 42 campaigns you see dramatic retreats of Russian troops (and probably in 43 and 44 same for the German side) - probably done by any medium experienced player (?). But as WitE wants to simulate the situation in the war in the east, I propose a penalty, if troop leaders perform that kind of hasty retreat ("the great leader is not amused"). E.g. reducing the political rating of corps/army leaders, if there HQ moved more than <any treshold value, e.g. 10> to the east (or west, resp.) in one turn. With some ugly consequences ...
May be there is an "easy" implementation in the logistics phase? (Apologize if I missed an already existing mechanism).

IMHO this should be task of victory conditions, except it's very limited in this game (there's Sudden Death scenario, and Bitter End victory levels are based on historical occupation times).

(in reply to hei1)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Game Suggestions: Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI