Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I loved UCV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> I loved UCV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I loved UCV - 3/7/2020 8:05:30 PM   
Johnlax

was able to master UCV but am having problems with AE ?

how do I quick check ports that can repair damaged ships fast?? As the allies you wwant to get ship under repair quickly How do I access US east coast repair yards??

IS there a download somehwere of aides that I can print out adn look to as a guide to commands and hot keys???

Also and I know this has been addressed but can I get planning maps to make life abit easier?? the maps with the game are nearl y use less sorry for all the newbee qauetions
Post #: 1
RE: I loved UCV - 3/7/2020 8:09:34 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

this is not a game you can play without reading the manual

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 2
RE: I loved UCV - 3/7/2020 8:30:22 PM   
Shellshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnlax

How do I access US east coast repair yards??

You have to sail east off-board through the Panama Canal and then to the US East Coast. It depends on the speed of the ship, but it's roughly about a three week journey from Pearl. You can sail off the western edge of the map too, but that's even longer.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 3
RE: I loved UCV - 3/7/2020 8:52:57 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shellshock

You have to sail east off-board through the Panama Canal and then to the US East Coast. It depends on the speed of the ship, but it's roughly about a three week journey from Pearl. You can sail off the western edge of the map too, but that's even longer.

Wait a minute...."sail off the western edge"?! You mean this guy was right?? Boy do a lot of us have egg on our faces....

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 4
RE: I loved UCV - 3/7/2020 9:06:34 PM   
Scott_USN

You can try the https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2189709

Planning maps. I just hover over the bases myself but I have played since forever I guess and just know. I send large damaged first to Mare Island (90k ton) and Alameda (180k ton) but smaller ships I keep in the Pearl area they repair fairly fast at Pearl and if not too large like most cruisers to Sydney (30k ton) and Auckland for smaller ships. Seattle has the largest repair dock I think, at 200k tons. East coast is not worth the travel with all the ones in LA SD and SF, small ones Astoria and Portland. I spread the battle ships out all over the west coast once they can reach over 10k at pearl. Depending of course on damage from Japanese strike.

Calcutta has a small dock for small destroyers transports, Colombo can fix most battleships but not fast forget maybe 40k ton. Bombay has some ship repair also. Capetown can fix large ships.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 5
RE: I loved UCV - 3/9/2020 5:04:10 PM   
rustysi

FYI. This game has a 'learning cliff', and has been referred to as a 'time vampire'. There are no shortcuts, but if you like detail and invest said time, the rewards will be many.

quote:

this is not a game you can play without reading the manual

Several times. Oh, and read the boards here.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Scott_USN)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> I loved UCV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI