Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to set Racial Research Restrictions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> How to set Racial Research Restrictions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to set Racial Research Restrictions? - 3/3/2020 3:49:49 PM   
Rookwood

Ok, here's my second attempt at a question that hasn't been asked yet.

I'm looking at the research.txt for the base game and Extended. According to the modding guide, any racially restricted research should have an Allowed Races field with a list of the races that can research it. However that is not the case.

The base game literally has no Allowed Races fields on any research and Extended only has it on the Shakturi Super Laser. Yet both versions know that certain techs are restricted to certain races. How?
Post #: 1
RE: How to set Racial Research Restrictions? - 3/9/2020 6:44:56 PM   
EliphasTheInheritor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rookwood

Ok, here's my second attempt at a question that hasn't been asked yet.

I'm looking at the research.txt for the base game and Extended. According to the modding guide, any racially restricted research should have an Allowed Races field with a list of the races that can research it. However that is not the case.

The base game literally has no Allowed Races fields on any research and Extended only has it on the Shakturi Super Laser. Yet both versions know that certain techs are restricted to certain races. How?

Yeah, noticed that myself when I was at the beginning of Distant Worlds modding and I was modifying just the files. Idk if this will help you, but there is a modding tool that I recommend you use, it's so easy to use and it will save you a lot of trouble.

(in reply to Rookwood)
Post #: 2
RE: How to set Racial Research Restrictions? - 3/11/2020 10:35:18 PM   
Rookwood

Well, it just happens by magic when I change things around. For instance I gave Entons Galactic Archives wonder for victory condition and it just magically knew to open it up in the tech tree for them. I didn't really want to do much more than that so I guess I'm not gonna worry about it.

Thanks for the tip on the mod. I've got the game set up pretty much how I like it... for now.

(in reply to EliphasTheInheritor)
Post #: 3
RE: How to set Racial Research Restrictions? - 3/13/2020 2:56:21 AM   
Landris

One way is the `AllowedRaces` setting in the tech files, as you know. Another way is to use `DisallowedComponentIds` in the race files.

(in reply to Rookwood)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> How to set Racial Research Restrictions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI