Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Corona virus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 10:45:15 AM   
MakeeLearn

MIT Biologist and Inventor of Email – Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai – Says Deep State Fear Mongering on Coronavirus Will Go Down as Biggest Fraud to Manipulate Economies

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/mit-biologist-and-inventer-of-email-dr-shiva-ayyadurai-says-deep-state-fear-mongering-on-coronavirus-will-go-down-as-biggest-fraud-to-manipulate-economies/

" As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine! https://t.co/Q5VeOqzWEp

— Dr.SHIVA Ayyadurai, MIT PhD. Inventor of Email (@va_shiva) March 9, 2020"

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 691
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 10:53:28 AM   
mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

MIT Biologist and Inventor of Email – Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai – Says Deep State Fear Mongering on Coronavirus Will Go Down as Biggest Fraud to Manipulate Economies

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/mit-biologist-and-inventer-of-email-dr-shiva-ayyadurai-says-deep-state-fear-mongering-on-coronavirus-will-go-down-as-biggest-fraud-to-manipulate-economies/

" As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine! https://t.co/Q5VeOqzWEp

— Dr.SHIVA Ayyadurai, MIT PhD. Inventor of Email (@va_shiva) March 9, 2020"

Ayyadurai as the "inventor" of email is controversial enough without reading any more beyond that...

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 692
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:06:48 PM   
JohnDillworth

Ah, finally the”deep state” gets mentioned. You think the Alex Jones crowd would be more concerned with his drunk driving. A world wide pandemic being dismissed as “deep state” misinformation.

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 693
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:11:09 PM   
Canoerebel

I started this thread to get insight from the thoughtful members of the community.

People like Chiekenboy, who has a particular expertise in this area.

But good men couldn't keep themselves under control and became incredibly offensive.

I'm out of here.

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 694
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:30:20 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I started this thread to get insight from the thoughtful members of the community.

People like Chiekenboy, who has a particular expertise in this area.

But good men couldn't keep themselves under control and became incredibly offensive.

I'm out of here.

This routine gets old. You know, the one where the faux outrage appears from you when ideas that challenge your world view start to appear.

Still waiting on your response on a $10,000 healthcare bill given the US median wage is $31,000.

Happy to discuss via PM if this thread is so distasteful to you :)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 695
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:32:58 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

The main supplier of the plastic plasma bags was in Puerto Rico until Hurricane Maria. Heard it was something like 85% of the worlds manufacturing of IV bags made in that one place. Madness!

The main place where the protective gowns are made, as well as other medical supplies are made, are in Xiantao, China. Guess what happened to most of those factories? This is according to a New York Times article in their business section, dated 18 February 2020.

Diversify the location of these critical medical supplies.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 696
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:43:22 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart

I think the lesson that supply chains need to diversify has hit home this time. Let's hope people don't forget in five years.

Cheers,
CB

Partly it's diversifying where things are obtained, and partly stockpiling of critical items. The "just in time" supply chain model is very efficient and therefore very alluring from the perspective of maximizing profit. For important and certainly for critical items there needs to be a supply cache, a buffer if you will, which is there for genuinely urgent situations like this one. That "emergency supply" must never be dipped into for profit or convenience reasons.

The problem is trying to maintain that politically, and by politically I include within companies. There is always someone willing to show the board how much money they can save - and increase profits - by reducing or eliminating such a cache with so-called little or no risk. And even when not formally approved it sometimes gets done surreptitiously to show increased profits and increase certain executives' compensation.

Hopefully it is BS, but now we have international politicking about deliberately denying critical supplies. That is also a consideration in diversifying supply chains.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-deny-americans-coronavirus-drugs

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 697
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 12:44:59 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Here's some totals as of the 12th, along with some of my musings.

Dan, this is good so far, but bear in mind the case-load in the US has not yet stressed the ICU's and most especially the supply of mechanical ventilators on line. We keep our fingers crossed.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 698
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 1:25:45 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Dan if my references have been vailed I apologize. I will say it outright. Trump is failing this at every level and is not up to the job. He is actually making things worse. Still in NYC and still waiting for the feds to approve NYC administering tests. This is what failure looks like. As for the N1H1 flu? It was that exactly. A Flu. As Cheeto Jesus himself said, Thousands die from the flu each year. This is not the flu. It looks nothing like it. It is a different virus entirely. It is closely related to SARS. It’s actual scientific name is SARS-CoV-2. How did we do during the last SARS outbreak? Which had an all together outcome as I recall. And again I ask, what Federal steps have been taken to slow the rate of infection? The virus is here, locking the doors is way too late. Where are the tests? Why can’t NYC be given permission by the feds to test? The fraud of Fifth Avenue will continue to try and take care of his billionaire buddies but he is doing nothing to stop the spread of this. Trump fired the entire CDC Pandemic response team just because Obama appointed them. Do you think a CDC global pandemic response team might have come in handy in the last couple of months? This is what failure looks like. BTW, do you think a full weekend of golf last week was a good look? Asking for a concerned country.

Please stop the politics as it does no good here.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 699
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 1:57:10 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Dan if my references have been vailed I apologize. I will say it outright. Trump is failing this at every level and is not up to the job. He is actually making things worse. Still in NYC and still waiting for the feds to approve NYC administering tests. This is what failure looks like. As for the N1H1 flu? It was that exactly. A Flu. As Cheeto Jesus himself said, Thousands die from the flu each year. This is not the flu. It looks nothing like it. It is a different virus entirely. It is closely related to SARS. It’s actual scientific name is SARS-CoV-2. How did we do during the last SARS outbreak? Which had an all together outcome as I recall. And again I ask, what Federal steps have been taken to slow the rate of infection? The virus is here, locking the doors is way too late. Where are the tests? Why can’t NYC be given permission by the feds to test? The fraud of Fifth Avenue will continue to try and take care of his billionaire buddies but he is doing nothing to stop the spread of this. Trump fired the entire CDC Pandemic response team just because Obama appointed them. Do you think a CDC global pandemic response team might have come in handy in the last couple of months? This is what failure looks like. BTW, do you think a full weekend of golf last week was a good look? Asking for a concerned country.

Please stop the politics as it does no good here.

I totally agree. This thread was started to help provide information and politicization will not help, it will end up getting it locked.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 700
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 2:15:55 PM   
Kull

Here's an update on the state of test kit availability in the US. Those focused on the number of kits made and distributed by a government agency are seeing a few trees and drawing the wrong conclusions. This is from factcheck.org:

quote:

FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn provided the clearest answer about testing capacity on March 7, when he said that the CDC had shipped enough kits to state and local public health labs to test 75,000 people for COVID-19.

In addition, more than 1.1 million tests manufactured by Integrated DNA Technologies had been shipped as of March 6 for non-public health labs to use, with another 400,000 possibly shipping by March 9. A separate manufacturer had also produced 640,000 tests that could have shipped as early as March 9, once quality control testing was complete.

“The actual number of tests that have shipped is larger than the number of patients that can be tested,” Hahn explained, noting that the approximately 2.1 million tests from IDT and another company would allow roughly 850,000 Americans to be tested.

On top of those tests, he added, would be any testing by commercial or academic labs, plus an expected additional 4 million tests from IDT and the other company by the end of this week. The CDC itself also can test approximately 350 specimens per day.

It appears the test kit bottleneck in the US has been solved.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 701
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 2:31:22 PM   
Kull

On the purely anecdotal front, I flew from West Texas to southern Florida on March 3rd and returned yesterday. 3 of the 4 flights were packed to the gills (no open middle seats) and the terminals seemed moderately busy. Not quite as full but miles away from echo chambers. Saw one mask on the entire trip going down, and more on the way back - but very few, maybe 1%, if that. LOTS of people using portable hand sanitizer on the return (I was the only one I saw using it on the way down).

It's also funny how your ears become sensitized to the sound of a cough. There was a screaming baby on the first leg from Florida, which I barely noticed. On the same flight I DO recall hearing exactly 3 coughs and trying to figure out what part of the plane they were coming from.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 702
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 3:06:25 PM   
RangerJoe

I try not to let screaming babies bother me. At least they can scream, not all can. That said, their inner ear may be blocked and sucking on something may relieve it.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 703
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 3:36:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

No politics please and let me define that clearly. We all no doubt have political views on this crisis. Within this forum, please stick to criticizing the policy (i.e. problems with testing, poor communication, misinformation) rather than calling out specific political figures. It is in everyone's best interest to just solve any issues now and improve our response both in the US and globally rather than focus on assigning political blame.

This is worth a read as well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-best-response.html

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 704
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 3:39:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

One of the interesting things I recently read is a lot of lessons were learned in Korea from the MERS outbreak in 2015. That one hit Korea hardest outside the Middle East. One of the lessons? Keep potential carriers out of the hospitals, hence drive-through testing or setting up tents outside the hospital where people can walk up to get tested. Another lesson? It took too long to get approval to make test kits. Hence the test kit development and approval process was greatly streamlined, with the result that Korea has a higher percentage of testing than anywhere. The U.S. has seriously dropped the ball (read: CDC and FDA) on that.

Very interesting points and helps understand why they were so on the ball with this compared to many other countries.

I'm hopeful that we will be able to catch-up now that the US is fully awake to the threat and private industry and government are marching to the same beat, but I expect there will be some very tough months ahead before we turn the corner.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 705
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 3:43:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
We're taking the family to camp at a regional renaissance faire-the same one we've been to every year we've been here. It's fighting the panicker tide by specifically announcing that they're going to be open this weekend. So I'll be enjoying the bawdy songs and the mead come what may.

I hope all goes well for you and your family, Chickenboy. Also, no offense, but this is disappointing. They should not be going ahead with a large gathering at this point and I don't understand your logic at this point in still thinking this is no big deal.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 706
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 3:57:27 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

No politics please and let me define that clearly. We all no doubt have political views on this crisis. Within this forum, please stick to criticizing the policy (i.e. problems with testing, poor communication, misinformation) rather than calling out specific political figures. It is in everyone's best interest to just solve any issues now and improve our response both in the US and globally rather than focus on assigning political blame.

This is worth a read as well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/opinion/coronavirus-best-response.html

A nice, informative article. Thank you for posting the link.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 707
RE: OT: Corona virus - Dont worry Vaccine ! - 3/13/2020 4:03:29 PM   
Macclan5

Just want to reassure all my international friends on this forum - things are looking okay !

Hockey at most levels shut down in Canada March 13

The response from University of Saskatchewan ( Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada)

"We got this" - bring back Hockey !

--

Kelvin’s said his colleague, Chris Richardson, is currently working on a vaccine that places a SARS protein inside the measles vaccine. Testing is now underway at the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization – International Vaccine Centre (VIDO-InterVac) at the University of Saskatchewan.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6666876/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 708
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:07:26 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

One of the interesting things I recently read is a lot of lessons were learned in Korea from the MERS outbreak in 2015. That one hit Korea hardest outside the Middle East. One of the lessons? Keep potential carriers out of the hospitals, hence drive-through testing or setting up tents outside the hospital where people can walk up to get tested. Another lesson? It took too long to get approval to make test kits. Hence the test kit development and approval process was greatly streamlined, with the result that Korea has a higher percentage of testing than anywhere. The U.S. has seriously dropped the ball (read: CDC and FDA) on that.

Very interesting points and helps understand why they were so on the ball with this compared to many other countries.

I'm hopeful that we will be able to catch-up now that the US is fully awake to the threat and private industry and government are marching to the same beat, but I expect there will be some very tough months ahead before we turn the corner.

Regards,

- Erik

I posted this exact information earlier. It's right at the top of page 20 along with a quote and a link to a pretty detailed story.

Kind of disappointing that apparently some aren't reading these things. Rather than just sticking a link out there, I usually include interesting graphics and "to-the-point" quotes. A fair amount of effort goes into the research, including a HUGE amount of time looking for sources that don't have an agenda. (Ironically, that one link was a violation of my own policy, but the story is really important and it was the only source I could find)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 709
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:11:17 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I think the lesson that supply chains need to diversify has hit home this time. Let's hope people don't forget in five years.

Cheers,
CB

Partly it's diversifying where things are obtained, and partly stockpiling of critical items. The "just in time" supply chain model is very efficient and therefore very alluring from the perspective of maximizing profit. For important and certainly for critical items there needs to be a supply cache, a buffer if you will, which is there for genuinely urgent situations like this one. That "emergency supply" must never be dipped into for profit or convenience reasons.

The problem is trying to maintain that politically, and by politically I include within companies. There is always someone willing to show the board how much money they can save - and increase profits - by reducing or eliminating such a cache with so-called little or no risk. And even when not formally approved it sometimes gets done surreptitiously to show increased profits and increase certain executives' compensation.

Hopefully it is BS, but now we have international politicking about deliberately denying critical supplies. That is also a consideration in diversifying supply chains.

Warehousing stockpiles does cost money and we should not expect private corporations to keep a stockpile for us without compensation. The usual route is for the Public organization (WHO or government Public Health in the case of epidemics) to purchase and maintain the stockpile and charge the people who will benefit from it through their taxes.

We should also note that many items are subject to deterioration in storage. For example, a rubber respirator might have the rubber dry out over the years and become brittle. During my time flying on C-130s we checked the expiry dates on first aid kit items. The bandages in sealed packets had no expiry date so we opened one pack which had probably been there for 15 years - the gauze bandage was dust, dried out by the air conditions at altitude and crumbled by the heavy vibrations from the C-130's turboprops. The whole fleet had to replace those bandages and mark the package with the date and five year expiry date.
Point is, managing a stockpile is not a "buy-and-forget-until-needed" proposition.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 710
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:26:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
I posted this exact information earlier. It's right at the top of page 20 along with a quote and a link to a pretty detailed story.

Kind of disappointing that apparently some aren't reading these things. Rather than just sticking a link out there, I usually include interesting graphics and "to-the-point" quotes. A fair amount of effort goes into the research, including a HUGE amount of time looking for sources that don't have an agenda. (Ironically, that one link was a violation of my own policy, but the story is really important and it was the only source I could find)

Sorry Kull, I try to read them all and have been reading your posts, but must have missed that one.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 711
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:27:35 PM   
Spikeosx

quote:

It has not. Last night the governor of my state said that we have only 800 test kits, and have been waiting for requested 20,000. Governor said he is very frustrated with testing kit situation.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 712
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:34:34 PM   
traskott

Here in Spain, state of alert is about to be declared. It's expanding very fast. It's not about your docs are the best in the world. Is a matter of quantity. Like you have Pearl Harbour and the only hospital you have is a cabin. Too many sick people at once. Thats the main problem here.

(in reply to Spikeosx)
Post #: 713
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:35:30 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

If this manages/happens to run its course in a month or so, imagine the surge in confidence/relief/exuberance as world's economies begin to ramp up and then gain steam going into the summer and the autumn. (The longer it takes for the virus to run it's course, the less resilient the economies, in all likelihood).

But there will be all kinds of collateral damage requiring government interventions, as airlines, cruise lines, and many other industries and business suffer tremendous shocks to their cash flow.

This is from GreyJoy. I reached out to see how he is doing through all of this.

Hi erik,

nice to hear from you my friend. It's been a while
Here it's a mess, much worse than what we all expected few weeks ago. Much worse than what the authorities are telling us. I have many friends who are doctors at the hospitals and they say the situation is incredibly grief. Young people (20, 30, 40 years old) are dying even if in healthy conditions. And the worst part is that it seems there's no way to isolate or contain the virus.
Yesterday evening the Gov locked down everything. Cities seem like just before the apocalypse. No one's around. Very few cars. People have emptied the supermarkets.
The economy is crumbling down fast. Very fast.
You should see Venice...seems like when you read about the 1348 plague... the city is simply dead.
Not only the stock exchange markets. My clients are on the edge of bankruptcy and nobody is paying anybody at all.
And things will not get better. Experts say it will take at least another month in order to see the curve of the contagious decrease. One more month of lockdown. Don't know how we'll get over this.

Stay safe Erik and don't underestimate this emergency. I've heard in UK Johnson is doing like Trump in the US...denying the evidence. Yesterday at Anfield there were 50k people massed together... madness! Smart-work if you can and avoid dinners and non necessary contacts with everybody but Rachel and your son for few weeks. It's a small price to pay in order to stay safe.

Ciao my friend

Keep in touch

Thanks for sharing this, Erik. Good to hear from Greyjoy, even if what he has to say isn't very good news.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 714
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:42:41 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spikeosx

quote:

It has not. Last night the governor of my state said that we have only 800 test kits, and have been waiting for requested 20,000. Governor said he is very frustrated with testing kit situation.

The bottleneck was the CDC building it's own kits. Now they are coming in from a variety of new sources and in large numbers. Including a new test just approved today:

quote:

The FDA approved the test that will be run by Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche's automated testing machines. The machines are already in 100 American laboratories.

Roche's diagnostic machine will be able to run up to 4,000 tests per day and will give doctors the result in less than four hours.

I bolded the important point. We aren't waiting for some potential thing to happen - this testing methodology can start immediately.

(in reply to Spikeosx)
Post #: 715
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:50:00 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Cheers,
CB

Warehousing stockpiles does cost money and we should not expect private corporations to keep a stockpile for us without compensation. The usual route is for the Public organization (WHO or government Public Health in the case of epidemics) to purchase and maintain the stockpile and charge the people who will benefit from it through their taxes.

We should also note that many items are subject to deterioration in storage. For example, a rubber respirator might have the rubber dry out over the years and become brittle. During my time flying on C-130s we checked the expiry dates on first aid kit items. The bandages in sealed packets had no expiry date so we opened one pack which had probably been there for 15 years - the gauze bandage was dust, dried out by the air conditions at altitude and crumbled by the heavy vibrations from the C-130's turboprops. The whole fleet had to replace those bandages and mark the package with the date and five year expiry date.
Point is, managing a stockpile is not a "buy-and-forget-until-needed" proposition.

Quite so!

One possibility without direct subsidy is to mandate a stockpile for any company which deals in them so the stockpile cost gets built into the prices. Not meaning to include detail here, some oversight and penalties for non-compliance would be required of course.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 716
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 4:55:36 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

Here's some totals as of the 12th, along with some of my musings.

Dan, this is starting to look like one of your well annotated AAR maps. I love the visual way you tend to present information.

Mike

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 717
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 5:10:40 PM   
Kull

quote:

One possibility without direct subsidy is to mandate a stockpile for any company which deals in them so the stockpile cost gets built into the prices. Not meaning to include detail here, some oversight and penalties for non-compliance would be required of course.

On problem with that idea is the speed at which equipment goes obsolete. So if you are stockpiling gaskets for the "Purifier-1000", that thing is probably going to be obsolete in 2-3 years (or sooner), and the gaskets for the "Purifier-2000" will - of course - be a different configuration. So now you are stockpiling gaskets for both models (because not all medical facilities will have upgraded), and then the next model and the next, and the cost of building parts that aren't being used becomes yet one more factor in driving medical costs higher and higher.

To say nothing of the ever-increasing warehouse space, which will eventually become reminiscent of that final scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 718
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 5:15:45 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Cheers,
CB

Quite so!

I believe that private organizations like the Red Cross could maintain stockpiles and would get them out quicker than governments.

That said, in the US there is the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that could have federal level stockiles, the states and local governments could also have more stockpiles. The supplies would have to be rotated so they don't expire but that is something to bring up to people who can do something about it. I am sure that other countries also have similar organizations for the same purpose.

― Julia Child

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 719
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/13/2020 5:43:53 PM   
USSAmerica

Despite occasional political opinions flaring up here and there, this thread has been a great source of detailed and reasonable discussion and information. I hope it continues in that tone and usefulness.

Mike

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI