Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Corona virus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 3:39:55 PM   
obvert

An article responding to the Oxford study from a few days ago I posted that in one scenario stated there could be up to tens of millions already infected with the virus.

This moderates those claims a bit, while also stating some good figures and ranges for what we might expect actual numbers to be. The author is an epidemiologist, Adam Kucharski.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/26/virus-infection-data-coronavirus-modelling

There is growing evidence that, on average, people who show Covid-19 symptoms have a 1–1.5% risk of death. This has been estimated in studies of data from Wuhan, early international cases, and the Diamond Princess (with data adjusted to account for the older age of the cruise ship passengers). But this 1–1.5% risk just tells us what happens to people who have clear symptoms. If, as the above studies suggest, only 20–80% of infections come with symptoms, it would mean that for every 100,000 people who get infected with Covid-19, we would expect somewhere in the region of 200–1,200 deaths (ie between 100,000 x 20% x 1% and 100,000 x 80% x 1.5%).

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2101
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 3:43:55 PM   
alanschu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

We've been monitoring this chart of mortality in Italy for quite awhile. It seemed to plateau a few days back, and the Italian members of this group have expressed some degree of confidence that this is the case.

If so, it also bears on related numbers and trends - the exponential increase period in Italy's deaths lasted about two weeks (roughly beginning 3/8). There should also be a correlation between onset of drastic countermeasures and the flattening of the curve. I can't remember exactly when Italy imposed those, but I think around 3/12 or 3/14?) And Italy's outbreak is fairly clumped geographically. There are concerns whether new bell curves will ensue in the other regions.

I know North Italy was getting shut downs that weekend prior (March 8th). I'm not sure when the rest of Italy followed suit.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2102
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 3:58:10 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

but it looks like that's starting to fail even their cultural norms.

Well part of our American charm is out diversity. We got 50 different states doing 50 different things and in those 50 states lots of people are doing their own thing. A more uniform culture might be an an advantage here, as would a more controlled society, but I don't think Americans work that way. In the end we will be victorious, but at a price we can't imagine. Won't be the last one of these I suspect. Once we fix the problem we need to fix the response mechanism

Fix the response mechanism-aye. And a whole bunch of other stuff too in terms of preparation, long-term vision for future vaccines, multivalent vaccine technology, ready vaccine availability for possible / likely future diseases, domestic re-shoring of critical PPE and medications, and so on and so on...

If we're willing to shovel $USD 2.5T onto this thing as a short-term economic Band-Aide, why not a "Manhattan Project" level of commitment to upgrading our creaky public health infrastructure? It's gotta be done.

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2103
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:20:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

South Korea and the Untied States found their first case on the same day. We are lagging and yet Japan and South Korea are winning their containment fight. If only we had done something with the last 3 weeks in February yet we did little. If only we had not cut the CDC office in China by 75% ......if only......but we didn't. We lost our containment fight. Other are winning their so I suspect there are things others did better than us. You can point all the finders you want at any country you want and science just laughs in your face. This is all over the world

With all due respect, noone is winning the 'containment' fight. Some are winning the 'reporting' fight or the 'response' fight better than others though.

I rate that "mostly true". Antarctica and the International Space Station are winning the containment fight

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2104
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:22:21 PM   
Canoerebel

Oops. Thanks for catching that, Uncivil Engineer.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

quote:

When Korea's numbers were first listed here a few weeks ago, the totals included 51 deaths and 118 recoveries. Since then 80 deaths and 4,000 recoveries. Using those two figures yields a 0.2% mortality rate.**

** 80/4000 = .02 or 2%, NOT 0.2%

or is this not the calculation you did?

I think it actually should be calculated 80/4080, deaths/total = .0196 or 1.96%

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 2105
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:28:21 PM   
Canoerebel

The first story that Hollywood will produce from this surely will be that US jet that flew to Wuhan to remove American citizens. I don't have any idea what transpired, but if any of the passengers had the virus, and if any of the crew didn't receive adequate training and gear and ending catching it, and if the virus then spread to points in the USA, it'll make a compelling story (even if Hollywood gets all kinds of creative with "based on a true story" liberties).

There's an old saying in the legal profession that "bad cases make bad law." IE, if somebody committed an atrocious crime, the legal system will often contort itself to make the conviction stick through appeals, even if the precedents set are malodorous and later prove problematic. The same principal probably applies throughout society and disciplines, so that sudden emergencies make us do things that are later questioned in hindsight. Kinda like Abraham Lincoln suspending the writ of habeas corpus to get the nation through the real civil war period of the Civil War.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2106
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:29:23 PM   
Chickenboy

I'm intrigued by the pattern of disease domestically. NYC and surrounds are still circa 60% of our national caseload. For an area of what-give or take-14 million people? So roughly 4.2% of our population has 60% of our national cases.

Case counts in the other big cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston haven't moved nearly that much.

Locally, San Antonio area has less than 100 cases. I can't keep up with individual cases as much these days, but the vast majority of them until recently have been travel-related. Limited community spread. Houston, TX (soon to become the country's third most populous metropolitan area for all you home demographers out there) has a similarly small number. If the trend holds, I'd ask what is different about these urban centers than New York City per se. I have some ideas, but I'd like for the locals to put in their two bits about why they think New York City's metropolitan area is such a hotbed of disease compared to some other really big metro areas in this country.

I think there's more evidence to suggest that there's "New York City and then there's everywhere else in the US." Which may be an encouraging prospect-for everyone not in New York City that is.

All of the major metropolitan areas in this state have been proactive in shutting things down. Most Texas schools were on Spring break the first week in March (typically a week before most of the rest of the country). Many school districts (including my kids') slapped on an extension onto that time during the break. At first, it was until March 20. Then that was extended to April 6. Now it's April 24. So as far as our schools are concerned-we've been in de facto 'lockdown' for 20 days as of today. That will continue another 29 days at a minimum.

Statewide and county/city lockdown mandates have come through in the interim. These 'essential worker only' mandates are in effect at least through April 9 here in San Antonio.

Did New York City serve as an immediate warning for us here in Texas? Or were we watching Italy's agony and extrapolating that back here?

Does this buttress the argument that the United States-with its disparate people and regions-really doesn't operate on a 'one size fits all' national mandate?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2107
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:30:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Clearly we need larger inventories of N-95 masks (inexpensive) and more emergency ventilator reserves (very expensive).

The number of strategic reserve ventilators owned by Homeland Security is said to be 5000 to 30,000 (it's a secret). I have a feeling it's more than 5000 because we are sending 4000 to New York.

What we DON'T need is foreign "partners" keeping secrets about emergent diseases.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2108
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:33:14 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

South Korea and the Untied States found their first case on the same day. We are lagging and yet Japan and South Korea are winning their containment fight. If only we had done something with the last 3 weeks in February yet we did little. If only we had not cut the CDC office in China by 75% ......if only......but we didn't. We lost our containment fight. Other are winning their so I suspect there are things others did better than us. You can point all the finders you want at any country you want and science just laughs in your face. This is all over the world

With all due respect, noone is winning the 'containment' fight. Some are winning the 'reporting' fight or the 'response' fight better than others though.

I rate that "mostly true". Antarctica and the International Space Station are winning the containment fight

Hey. Papua-New Guinea only has one case too. Is Kuru protective?

Post #: 2109
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:34:36 PM   
Canoerebel

Chickenboy,

The federalism aspects of America's response will indeed make fascinating studies later on. Early on in this thread, a number of folks thought federalism would play a negative role, but thus far that doesn't appear to be the case.

As with Texas, my state of Georgia reacted at a state, county and local level much more quickly than many other jurisdictions, including some in Europe. Not because we're "better," but because we had the benefit of going later in the process, gauging from and adapting to what was going on elsewhere. Plus we had the inherit flexibility to use judgment at the local level.

I don't know if that would work in other places or nations or political systems, but I like the way it works here.

quote:

I'm intrigued by the pattern of disease domestically. NYC and surrounds are still circa 60% of our national caseload. For an area of what-give or take-14 million people? So roughly 4.2% of our population has 60% of our national cases.

Case counts in the other big cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston haven't moved nearly that much.

Locally, San Antonio area has less than 100 cases. I can't keep up with individual cases as much these days, but the vast majority of them until recently have been travel-related. Limited community spread. Houston, TX (soon to become the country's third most populous metropolitan area for all you home demographers out there) has a similarly small number. If the trend holds, I'd ask what is different about these urban centers than New York City per se. I have some ideas, but I'd like for the locals to put in their two bits about why they think New York City's metropolitan area is such a hotbed of disease compared to some other really big metro areas in this country.

I think there's more evidence to suggest that there's "New York City and then there's everywhere else in the US." Which may be an encouraging prospect-for everyone not in New York City that is.

All of the major metropolitan areas in this state have been proactive in shutting things down. Most Texas schools were on Spring break the first week in March (typically a week before most of the rest of the country). Many school districts (including my kids') slapped on an extension onto that time during the break. At first, it was until March 20. Then that was extended to April 6. Now it's April 24. So as far as our schools are concerned-we've been in de facto 'lockdown' for 20 days as of today. That will continue another 29 days at a minimum.

Statewide and county/city lockdown mandates have come through in the interim. These 'essential worker only' mandates are in effect at least through April 9 here in San Antonio.

Did New York City serve as an immediate warning for us here in Texas? Or were we watching Italy's agony and extrapolating that back here?

Does this buttress the argument that the United States-with its disparate people and regions-really doesn't operate on a 'one size fits all' national mandate?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2110
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:36:48 PM   
Canoerebel

Chickenboy, to answer another question you posed, my strong perception is that Georgia reacted to Italy and Europe rather than the US, though developing situations in Seattle, California, New York et al helped confirm the impressions drawn.

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 3/26/2020 4:37:04 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2111
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:37:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The US Congress acted very early in the process.

They sold their stock portfolios.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2112
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:48:24 PM   
Canoerebel

We're all aware that Germany has been doing better than many other European countries, and we've discussed possible reasons here.

These graphs from Worldometers are of interest. You can see that the number of deaths in Germany is beginning to rise noticeably. On the other hand it seems that the number of new cases has plateaued. As many have noted in here, mortality lags behind the new cases, which is what we're seeing.

If these numbers are accurate it could be that Germany's death rate will soon level off (unless the number of cases hasn't actually plateaued, but we'll know more about that soon).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2113
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 4:58:59 PM   
Chickenboy

I find the 'relative size' national problem to be interesting as well. By sorting on the number of cases per million population, a different picture emerges. One can brush aside Vatican City here, but size-wise Switzerland, Iceland and Luxembourg are having a greater national challenge than Italy, Spain or Germany. The Swiss leading the charge in terms percentage of their population affected with this thing? Really? Counter-intuitive perhaps. But it might explain the northern / cooler climate argument=worst hit if one filters out the larger 'noise' of the raw case numbers of other larger countries.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2114
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:00:26 PM   
Canoerebel

Excerpt below from this breaking story getting some big headlines here and there: https://news.yahoo.com/us-virus-deaths-may-top-80-000-despite-161924116.html

A variety of outlets are touting this as a "shocking" total of 80,000 dead in the US in four months. That's serious, but if true its 2x or 3x seasonal flu over about the same amount of time. Earlier projections were wildly higher, so shouldn't this be comparatively good news?

Remember early projections, like the Oz think tank (or university) study that came up with seven scenarios, the best of which had 17 million deaths worldwide? We're still on course to deal with numbers utterly unlike that.

Some of this is in good faith. As JohnD noted above, varying numbers a bit has huge consequences when dealing with exponential equations. But the dadgum media.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2115
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:02:23 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

NYC is kind of a cross roads of the world. Many cities could say that but none of them have the diversity NYC has. I've been working a photography project in Jackson Heights, Queens for the last few years. This is the most diverse part of the most diverse borough, of the most diverse city on earth. I could rattle off 50 different nationalities and then in a few minutes think of the 20 I missed. Every flavor of South America, Asia, India and the Caribbean are the most populous. We even have a Little Tibet. Sherpaville, a neighborhood in Little Tibet is the best place to go for dumplings. I mention this because all these folks travel. Most of these folks eat at least 1 meal a day from a street cart. I eat at least 2 meals a week from these carts. Queens has all of NYC's airports and one right in Jackson Heights. These folks travel, they live their social lives on the streets, they are also dying in increasing numbers. Elmhurst Hospital is right here. And today, it is ground zero for Covid death in NYC. I believe it's diversity and size made it the epicenter of the outbreak in the USA. It is just first. Other areas will be hit just as hard. It will just take time. Not much time, but a couple of weeks. Louisiana suffers because of Mardi Gras. Florida will have hell to pay because of it's older population and failure to throttle spring break. It will get to the rest of the country soon enough. Follow the transportation hubs. The Southern Hemisphere will be equally effected. It will just take a bit of time

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2116
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:11:57 PM   
Canoerebel

Italy's numbers just updated.

Mortality down a bit from yesterday, new cases up a bit, both numbers still below the peak numbers and seemingly consistent with the plateauing of the virus there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Canoerebel -- 3/26/2020 5:12:39 PM >

Post #: 2117
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:15:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

NYC is kind of a cross roads of the world. Many cities could say that but none of them have the diversity NYC has. I've been working a photography project in Jackson Heights, Queens for the last few years. This is the most diverse part of the most diverse borough, of the most diverse city on earth. I could rattle off 50 different nationalities and then in a few minutes think of the 20 I missed. Every flavor of South America, Asia, India and the Caribbean are the most populous. We even have a Little Tibet. Sherpaville, a neighborhood in Little Tibet is the best place to go for dumplings. I mention this because all these folks travel. Most of these folks eat at least 1 meal a day from a street cart. I eat at least 2 meals a week from these carts. Queens has all of NYC's airports and one right in Jackson Heights. These folks travel, they live their social lives on the streets, they are also dying in increasing numbers. Elmhurst Hospital is right here. And today, it is ground zero for Covid death in NYC. I believe it's diversity and size made it the epicenter of the outbreak in the USA. It is just first. Other areas will be hit just as hard. It will just take time. Not much time, but a couple of weeks. Louisiana suffers because of Mardi Gras. Florida will have hell to pay because of it's older population and failure to throttle spring break. It will get to the rest of the country soon enough. Follow the transportation hubs. The Southern Hemisphere will be equally effected. It will just take a bit of time

Interesting take about the diversity of that area, John. But I'd leave room for optimistic outcomes for non-NYC areas here too. It may very well be that the unique diversity and intermingling you see in the daily life there isn't reflected elsewhere.

Having lived in / visited most other big metro areas in this country, I think that NYC is indeed unique. There's not so much intermingling anywhere else I can think of. Lost Angels is suburban sprawl. Same with Houston. Chicago is a hybrid between that and NYC. And the warmer climate in Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and SoCal may be at least partially protective.

So I'm not convinced that everybody else in CONUS will 'get theirs' eventually. I think there's room for geographical regionalization (ala Italy) in how this virus gets spread around / dealt with and who gets it. I think there may be some lessons drawn from that at the end of the day too. We'll see.

Post #: 2118
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:16:45 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

Italy's numbers just updated.

Mortality down a bit from yesterday, new cases up a bit, both numbers still below the peak numbers and seemingly consistent with the plateauing of the virus there.

Yes, it seems it's plateauing. I hoped until the end the plateau would have been a little bit lower in terms of deaths, but it looks like we're getting there.

650-700 deaths per-day is painful.

Hopefully, we're on the right track, though.

Francesco

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2119
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:16:49 PM   
Canoerebel

I wonder how the outbreaks in other areas outside NYC will play out. You'd think it would be similar, but other countries have had regional hot spots. How important will population density, early onset of countermeasures, climate and other factors affect other areas? Or will it turn out that pretty much all will be affected, sort of like Angela Merkel's "70% of Germans" will get it (IIRC).

For instance, Florida has dense population clusters and an aging population but it's already hot and humid there. (Speaking of which, anybody seen HansBolter lately?)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2120
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:24:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

quote:

But how much worse would it be if air travel from China had not been stopped on Jan 31?

By then, the virus was already transferred to numerous countries and hopping to the US from all over the world. Stopping travel from China was an obvious step, but not sufficient. Health screening of every passenger at every airport (per Singapore) would have helped more. Even that would not be totally effective because there is a time lag of about 5 days between contracting the virus and having elevated body temp. But it would have caught more cases sooner and brought on stronger distancing/sanitation steps sooner.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Uncivil Engineer)
Post #: 2121
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:28:33 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Interesting take about the diversity of that area, John. But I'd leave room for optimistic outcomes for non-NYC areas here too. It may very well be that the unique diversity and intermingling you see in the daily life there isn't reflected elsewhere.

Having lived in / visited most other big metro areas in this country, I think that NYC is indeed unique. There's not so much intermingling anywhere else I can think of. Lost Angels is suburban sprawl. Same with Houston. Chicago is a hybrid between that and NYC. And the warmer climate in Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and SoCal may be at least partially protective.

So I'm not convinced that everybody else in CONUS will 'get theirs' eventually. I think there's room for geographical regionalization (ala Italy) in how this virus gets spread around / dealt with and who gets it. I think there may be some lessons drawn from that at the end of the day too. We'll see.

quote:

I wonder how the outbreaks in other areas outside NYC will play out. You'd think it would be similar, but other countries have had regional hot spots. How important will population density, early onset of countermeasures, climate and other factors affect other areas? Or will it turn out that pretty much all will be affected, sort of like Angela Merkel's "70% of Germans" will get it (IIRC).

For instance, Florida has dense population clusters and an aging population but it's already hot and humid there.

What is there, an echo in here? Try to keep up with the conversation, man!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2122
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:32:49 PM   
MakeeLearn

It's a beautiful day. Kingfishers must be mating, noisy! Wind is up, good day to fly a kite. Went to the bank. They asked "How do you want this?" I replied "Anything but Grant." Drive-thrus are busy. LOL! I hope this miniseries is over soon.

What have I learned... I sure do LOVE touching my face!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2123
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:33:43 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Things that might be more prevalent in NYC than other US cities:
- higher % of people using the subway or other public transit
- temperature and humidity combo that is ideal for the virus (vs the cold in Chicago or the heat/dryness of Phoenix for example)
- high population of Italian people? (if there is any truth to the theories that racial factors might influence susceptibility or resistance)
- more high-rise buildings = more elevators whose buttons get pushed by all manner of fingers

No doubt some college student will do a master's paper on this kind of granular detail.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2124
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:36:29 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The US Congress acted very early in the process.

They sold their stock portfolios.

True, but some also bought stock in certain other companies! Seems their blind trusts could hear and smell what was coming.

Post #: 2125
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:38:36 PM   
ITAKLinus

Some nasty spillovers are emerging, eventually.

The average deaths in the last years in Bergamo have been 98 between 01/03 and 24/03.

Total amount of deaths among residents has been 446.

Total amount of deaths due Cov-19: 136.

There are 212 deaths more than the average, then.

Francesco

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2126
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:39:25 PM   
JohnDillworth

In all seriousness I think America has one big advantage other socialites do not. We are, at heart and in practice, a car culture. Less public transportation and more car travel will help. It may significantly help.

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2127
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:44:43 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

high population of Italian people?

I'm making a huge generalization but the Italians, Germans and Irish that were the big immigrant waves have mostly moved to the suburbs. Long Island and New Jersey have been the big recipients. Pro tip, it you get to NYC skip Little Italy in Manhattan. It's just a Hollywood set for the tourists. Arthur Avenue in the Bronx is still the real deal but even that is shrinking. In general, all over NYC, watch where the FDNY truck is parked and eat where they eat. They are the experts

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2128
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:48:02 PM   
obvert

quote:

I find the 'relative size' national problem to be interesting as well. By sorting on the number of cases per million population, a different picture emerges. One can brush aside Vatican City here, but size-wise Switzerland, Iceland and Luxembourg are having a greater national challenge than Italy, Spain or Germany. The Swiss leading the charge in terms percentage of their population affected with this thing? Really? Counter-intuitive perhaps. But it might explain the northern / cooler climate argument=worst hit if one filters out the larger 'noise' of the raw case numbers of other larger countries.

I think it has more to do with ski resorts being a cross contamination nightmare in the beginning. A lot of cross pollination between Italian, Swiss and French areas in the Alps, very close to the initial Italian outbreak. How many people from Bergamo who went to the Atalanta v Valencia football match in Milan also went skiing the next weekend? Probably a lot.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2129
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/26/2020 5:48:03 PM   
MakeeLearn

New York mayor Bill de Blasio warns half of all New Yorkers will get Coronavirus
March 26, 2020
https://www.foxnews.com/us/de-blasio-warns-half-new-york-coronavirus.amp

"Over 4 million New Yorkers — or 50 percent of the city’s population — will get the coronavirus, Mayor de Blasio warned Wednesday.

“It’s a fair bet to say that half of all New Yorkers and maybe more than half will end up contracting this disease,” de Blasio said at a City Hall press briefing about the outbreak as the Big Apple’s positive cases approached 18,000 with nearly 200 deaths."

Post #: 2130
Page:   <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  69 70 [71] 72 73   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI