Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FROM THE RED ZONE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: FROM THE RED ZONE Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/26/2020 8:54:41 AM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

US have not been aggressive enough with this...

Whether from the virus itself or from our own ill-advised actions.

I don't agree with you.

I agree with MrsWargamer. No social distancing there.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 781
RE: Corona Virus Thread - 3/26/2020 9:58:45 AM   
sPzAbt653

It seems to get progressively worse, with the closings and postponements. Maryland schools just announced they are closed for 'at least the next four weeks'. Yet, the Commissioner of US Baseball just said 'we will have baseball in 2020'. Well, that is quite ambiguous, but how does he know anyway? What if this is like the 'virus' in The Walking Dead and it is here and will never leave?
So what is the plan? For all of us to remain shut inside while some businesses are closed and others are barely open? Indefinitely? Certainly the CDC and WHO have plans for such a 'normal' event as a flu outbreak? Otherwise, what are these organizations for?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 782
RE: Corona Virus Thread - 3/26/2020 2:22:26 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures. Still no "flattening of the curve" that I can see:

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 783
RE: Corona Virus Thread - 3/26/2020 3:17:26 PM   
MrRoadrunner

22,020/486592 = 4.5%

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 784
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/26/2020 5:32:11 PM   
rico21

What are the risks of contamination?

This is the central question, but it is also a question that is very difficult to answer. In their study, the researchers said that the transmissibility of the virus to people who come into contact with infected surfaces has not been demonstrated, due to the lack of data.

"What is really problematic is that we do not know the infective dose"

"What is really problematic is that we do not know the infectious dose", that is to say the amount of virus sufficient to generate an infection, warns virologist Astrid Vabret. However, this changes the way of interpreting the persistence times of the virus: if the infecting dose is minimal, it would mean that a surface remains infectious for much longer than if this infectious dose is high.

"The transmission of a virus is a complex phenomenon, very difficult to grasp in figures. We do not know how many viruses it takes for it to generate an infection in contact with the mucosa. It’s probably not the same depending on the person. You have a huge diversity of everything: local defenses vary depending on the individual, as does the state of their mucous membranes. "

A point that confirms Bruno Grandbastien. "We have zero data on it, we just know that there is a gradient: the higher the viral load, the greater the risk of infection. But it is highly variable depending on the virus. "

Newspaper"Le Monde".

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 785
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/26/2020 7:27:47 PM   
ncc1701e

In Panama, a 13-year-old girl died of Covid-19 on March 23rd. Young people are not immune as they said at the beginning...

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 786
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/26/2020 7:59:21 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

We have zero data on it

Well then get up off your fat ass and get to work! It's been four months of a spreading infection and people dieing and all they can do is sit around and tell us they know nothing? They close up everything and send us all home and then don't tell us anything? What in hell is going on? Take back the billions we give to CDC and WHO and buy us all lunch or something. At least make a law against eating bats in China.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 787
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/26/2020 8:20:51 PM   
Lobster

W.H.O situation report:
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200326-sitrep-66-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=81b94e61_2

Worldometer:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

< Message edited by Lobster -- 3/26/2020 10:58:30 PM >

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 788
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/27/2020 1:50:35 PM   
rico21

It seems that in recent times, not everyone has the same priorities.

Coronavirus: from wholesalers to customers, drug trafficking stopped by containment measures

Closed borders, prohibited movement, police checks: the market is under attack in France.
When others were rushing to their second homes, at the announcement of the containment linked to the Covid-19 epidemic, Monday, March 16, he hurried to a suburb north of the capital, where his dealer has his neighborhoods. He bought double the usual amount, eight bags of herb (about 4 grams each) and two bars of cannabis resin, for a total of 200 euros. "It’s gone to last, not sure it will last until the confinement ends," he said.
Newspaper"Le Monde".

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 789
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/27/2020 2:27:30 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures:

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 790
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/27/2020 3:34:42 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

It seems that in recent times, not everyone has the same priorities.

Coronavirus: from wholesalers to customers, drug trafficking stopped by containment measures

Closed borders, prohibited movement, police checks: the market is under attack in France.
When others were rushing to their second homes, at the announcement of the containment linked to the Covid-19 epidemic, Monday, March 16, he hurried to a suburb north of the capital, where his dealer has his neighborhoods. He bought double the usual amount, eight bags of herb (about 4 grams each) and two bars of cannabis resin, for a total of 200 euros. "It’s gone to last, not sure it will last until the confinement ends," he said.
Newspaper"Le Monde".

Maybe the drug cartels, gangs, and other criminal elements will help fund a coronavirus cure . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 791
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/27/2020 3:57:38 PM   
sven6345789

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

In Panama, a 13-year-old girl died of Covid-19 on March 23rd. Young people are not immune as they said at the beginning...

Of course young people are not immune. They justg have a higher chance of surviving an infection. But they can still die.

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 792
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/27/2020 4:32:11 PM   
MrRoadrunner

23,714/529,614 = 4.5%

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 793
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/27/2020 5:14:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812
This article is very interesting. It lists the Flu Mortality rate in Italy, year by year, from 2013 to 2017. It seems the current death rate while extremely tragic, is not unusual for the country.

Statistics aside, I think the clear evidence in front of us is that Italy's hospitals and ICUs are not filled to overflowing and forced to choose who will get a ventilator on a normal flu year. If it were allowed to just spread like the flu is allowed to, the number of deaths relative to a normal flu year would be incomparable. This virus can do in a much shorter time what flu normally does over half a year.

Regards,

- Erik

I think that's the salient point, Erik. While the overall number of deaths may be comparable to a 'bad' flu season, which lasts 4-5 months, all of the same number of desperately sick / dying are crowded into ICUs with this in two or three weeks. An 8x surge in ICU bed / ventilator demand over a short period of time is overwhelming and forcing the implementation of triage.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 794
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 1:37:24 AM   
huynhpro

I didn't join the forums a bit, I just watched tv, mostly news, flooded, literally, but what's going on right now, worldwide.
Let us hope that we will all be healthy through it, along with our family and friends, and loved and dear ones.

Here are some basic healthy tips, healthy habits to reduce the chance of catching COVID19:
- WASH YOUR HAND; wash your hands often; Silly or simple as this rule may be, follow it; when you go home, wash your face too; Soaps and water, they are your best friends at these times; (some doctors say, take some water into your nose, and "rinse" it, to clean your nose inside too); (if you're a smoker, like me, still sad, then clean your hands before smoking outside, don't put your hands everywhere, then rush for a cig "because you have to smoke now ", please clean your hands first);
- AVOID CONTACT WITH SUSTAINABLE PEOPLE FROM ATTRACTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES; that is, if you see someone coughing violently and sneezing, etc., try to stay away from that person a bit, especially if the person is not wearing a mask, to protect others around him / her ;
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES, HOLD, MOUTH, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR CLEAN; (I explained before, if you are a smoker, please wash your hands before smoking); (if you need to eat some lil sandwiches or biscuits or us, especially when you're outside, please wash your hands first); (If a beetle or dust or a bee the size of a truck hits your eye or nose, do not touch your eyes before cleaning your hands first);
- NEVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH OR SNEEZE; use paper towels (paper) for that, not your hand that you will put later on the first thing around you and pass us you must touch the first surface you touch; This is not just protecting ourselves, but also protecting the people around us; Therefore, always carry one or two paper towels and always cover your nose and mouth before coughing or sneezing; Spring here is very good, so some of you may be susceptible to coughs due to the cold due to the weather changing from day to day, or easily sneezing from airborne pollen, from newly emerging plants. out; you protect me by covering your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, and I protect you, this is how it works; kindof here, so, some of you might be prone to either cough from small colds from weather changing from day to day, or prone to sneeze from pollen in the air, from the new plants getting out; you protect me by covering your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, and I protect you, this is how it works;
- DO NOT REMOVE ANTIBIOTICS OR BIOLOGICALS WITHOUT WARRANTY; go to the literature, if you think you might have a cold (mild), or flu, or bronchitis, or bacteria, or pneumonia, or us; Don't take your own medications, because you can take them wrong or at the wrong time, making these bacteria or viruses more resistant to those drugs, when you can pass them on to your loved ones by coughing or sneezing without covering your mouth and nose;
- CLEAN WITH CLEAN SOLUTIONS BASED ON CHLORINE OR ALCOHOL; (some doctors say the oxygen water solutions also work); clean your main door handle, or even all the handles in your home; clean your desk if you're commuting to the office (just make sure it's not expensive wood and you'll ruin it, suspect, ask what to clean the surface from your work place) friend);
- USE PROTECTIVE FACE MASK IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU HAVE SOME RESPIRATORY DISEASE (COLD, FLU, BRONCHITIS, VIROSIS, PNEUMONIA, ETC) OR IF YOU ARE NEARBY PEOPLE SICK OR SHOWING SIGNS OF BEING SICK.

It is time, for everyone, to (try to) be a better person.
Do not think only of yourselves, on how to protect you. Also think of the others, by trying to protect those around you, if you suspect you have any kind of respiratory disease / illness.
Do use at least a paper tissue over your nose and mouth before sneezing or coughing.

Another advice that doctors give is to avoid visiting your loved OLD ones, as much as you'd like to see and visit them, and sit around a nice dinner, have a chat, etc. If you want to help old people, the best you can do for now is to order food from catering services where available, or do their shopping and leave the bags in front of door at safe distance. None can guarantee you are not an apparently healthy yet still virus carrier at the time you visit someone. The old people, and those with diabetis / heart issues, seem to be the most vulnerable among us.

Stay in doors, stay inside. Only go out if you have to go to work, or for basic shopping for food and meds, or to got o doctor if you suspect you are sick.

May you all be safe and healthy.
Wishing all your loved and dear ones, family and friends

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 795
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 2:56:17 AM   
Lobster

WHO situation report:
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200327-sitrep-67-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=b65f68eb_4
WHO is still showing local transmission in China yet China says there are only imported cases. Someone is lying.

Worldometer:

(in reply to huynhpro)
Post #: 796
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 1:52:40 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures. Note that Total Cases is doubling every 7 days. Deaths are doubling every 6 days - faster than cases! Recovered hasn't even doubled yet - probably in another two days, for a total of 16 days:

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 797
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 2:05:18 PM   
MrRoadrunner

27,365/587,252 = 4.6%

Post #: 798
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 2:29:02 PM   
MrsWargamer

This video is likely to be ignored, but, at least I tried.

Relevance, we are all debating information.
This video is from a physics individual whom I can assure you, is a great deal smarter than most of us.

It concerns information and how we interact with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDne7CBXRn0

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 799
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 3:28:47 PM   
Lobster

quote:

This video is from a physics individual whom I can assure you, is a great deal smarter than most of us.

Took forever to get my wife to understand anyone can say anything on Farcebook and nothing can be believed and Farcebook owns you literally.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 800
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/28/2020 3:29:12 PM   
rico21

Two thousand pilgrims, five days of prayer and a virus: in Mulhouse, the scenario of a contagion
By Raphaëlle Bacqué and Ariane Chemin

The faithful of the Evangelical Church of the Christian Open Door spread, despite themselves, the coronavirus across the country, and even to Guyana. At least seventeen of them died today.

Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin), Monday February 17, 9:30 am. Cars park one by one in the large parking lot with 450 spaces. Clusters of adults and children are coming out: it's a week of school holidays for families. Other devotees tumble on foot, alone or as a couple. The sky is rainy but, outside, the day begins with hugs. We fall into our arms before rushing into the church, an old supermarket surmounted by a high cross hoisted on a stainless steel triptych, the symbol of the Trinity.

More than two thousand people, including 295 children, have gathered for the "week of fasting and prayer" organized for twenty-five years, during Lent, by the church The Open Christian Door.

The crowd disembarks from Mulhouse and its surroundings, but also from the rest of the country, from neighboring Germany, or even from Belgium or Switzerland. The Open Door deserves its name: fasting is not strict there - it is not even recommended for the elderly or sick - and the gathering, obviously free, requires no prior registration, as if to preserve this spontaneous outburst of faith and mutual aid.
2,200 worshipers in the Great Hall

Seven faithful came from Vesoul, in Haute-Saône, three others from Cornimont, in the Vosges. Six Ajacciennes also made the trip, as well as fifteen Guyanese, accompanied by their pastor. These belong to one of the eighteen evangelical churches of Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni.

Corsica, Guyana ... The friendships made in previous years meet weekly on Facebook, but some have not seen each other for a year. It deserves four kisses, at least, before finding a seat in the concrete building.

Newspaper "Le Monde".

Not about Religion; 17/2200=0.77% death rate.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 801
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/28/2020 3:52:16 PM   
RichG

quote:

Thanks for posting that MrsW.

The documentary "Stare In to the Lights My Pretties" explores a lot what Sabine talks about in that Youtube video but in a much broader context. It can be watched online at the site for free legitimately. Well worth two hours of anyone's time, especially now we are all stuck in at home.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 802
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/28/2020 4:28:19 PM   
Lobster

quote:

Two thousand pilgrims, five days of prayer and a virus: in Mulhouse, the scenario of a contagion
By Raphaëlle Bacqué and Ariane Chemin

The faithful of the Evangelical Church of the Christian Open Door spread, despite themselves, the coronavirus across the country, and even to Guyana. At least seventeen of them died today.

Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin), Monday February 17, 9:30 am. Cars park one by one in the large parking lot with 450 spaces. Clusters of adults and children are coming out: it's a week of school holidays for families. Other devotees tumble on foot, alone or as a couple. The sky is rainy but, outside, the day begins with hugs. We fall into our arms before rushing into the church, an old supermarket surmounted by a high cross hoisted on a stainless steel triptych, the symbol of the Trinity.

More than two thousand people, including 295 children, have gathered for the "week of fasting and prayer" organized for twenty-five years, during Lent, by the church The Open Christian Door.

The crowd disembarks from Mulhouse and its surroundings, but also from the rest of the country, from neighboring Germany, or even from Belgium or Switzerland. The Open Door deserves its name: fasting is not strict there - it is not even recommended for the elderly or sick - and the gathering, obviously free, requires no prior registration, as if to preserve this spontaneous outburst of faith and mutual aid.
2,200 worshipers in the Great Hall

Seven faithful came from Vesoul, in Haute-Saône, three others from Cornimont, in the Vosges. Six Ajacciennes also made the trip, as well as fifteen Guyanese, accompanied by their pastor. These belong to one of the eighteen evangelical churches of Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni.

Corsica, Guyana ... The friendships made in previous years meet weekly on Facebook, but some have not seen each other for a year. It deserves four kisses, at least, before finding a seat in the concrete building.

Newspaper "Le Monde".

Not about Religion; 17/2200=0.77% death rate.

This gathering took place on 17 February. At the time there were no more than 12 suspected cases and 6 confirmed in France. If you look at this forum you will see that at that time people were still dismissing the virus as much to do about nothing. How can anyone fault others for feeling the same?

"Not about Religion" About misleading information.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 803
RE: FROM THE RED ZONE - 3/28/2020 11:24:05 PM   
Lobster

WHO situation report:
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200328-sitrep-68-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=384bc74c_2

Worldometer:

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 804
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 10:38:05 AM   
rico21

"Discovery", a large European essay

Professor Raoult is at the center of a global debate on the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to fight coronavirus. Certain doctors, certain countries and elected officials call for a wide administration of hydroxychloroquine.

But a large part of the scientific community and health organizations are calling for a rigorous scientific validation, warning of the possible risks.

A large European trial coordinated by Inserm, called "Discovery", started on March 22 to test the effectiveness of different molecules, including hydroxychloroquine, against Covid-19. Eight hundred French patients with severe forms of Covid-19 will be included in this trial, and 3,200 in Europe, far more than the 80 in Professor Raoult's latest study.

This research is a test carried out by lot and which provides for five treatment methods, among which hydroxychloroquine, which will be compared like the other molecules tested.
Dr Gilles Pialoux: "Hydroxychloroquine will be compared like the other molecules. No more no less."

Newspaper "Le Monde".

< Message edited by rico21 -- 3/29/2020 10:41:05 AM >

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 805
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 12:13:29 PM   
RichG

quote:

Certain doctors, certain countries and elected officials call for a wide administration of hydroxychloroquine.

"Vital drug for people with lupus running out after unproven Covid-19 link"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/vital-drug-people-lupus-coronavirus-covid-19-link-hydroxychloroquine

< Message edited by RichG -- 3/29/2020 12:18:03 PM >

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 806
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 3:17:54 PM   
z1812

This is a link to a corona virus spread sheet that can be searched by various statistical headings. It is provided by Real Clear Politics.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

(in reply to RichG)
Post #: 807
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 3:19:46 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures:

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to RichG)
Post #: 808
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 6:25:57 PM   
MrRoadrunner

31776/678857 = 4.7%

Yup, going up. But, without reports from China the numbers are way unreliable?

RR

Post #: 809
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 3/29/2020 7:55:29 PM   
Toby42

This is how Germany figures it also. Don't understand his math?

53,340 Germans had tested positive for the coronavirus as of March 28, with 397 deaths. That gives a death rate of 0.74%. Spain's rate is 7.6% and Italy's is 10.2%.

Tony

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: FROM THE RED ZONE Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI