Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NSD Website - New Address

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> NSD Website - New Address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NSD Website - New Address - 3/29/2020 9:52:34 PM   
RebBugler

https://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/kunena/recent

< Message edited by RebBugler -- 4/29/2021 6:22:43 PM >

Designer - Scourge of War
Post #: 1
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 3/30/2020 12:51:35 AM   
Asid

It works.

I see a login page and this message:

401 Unauthorized
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3. a mistyped address
4. you have no access to this page
5. The requested resource was not found.
6. An error has occurred while processing your request.
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 2
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 3/30/2020 1:21:57 AM   
RebBugler

You need to sign in to see any posts.

Thanks for the report

< Message edited by RebBugler -- 3/31/2020 8:02:22 AM >

(in reply to Asid)
Post #: 3
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/3/2020 11:22:09 PM   
jlan5031

I can't get any new information out of the new website. None of the subsections show news except the "Latest News" which announces Wavre has been released. Sometimes when I sign in I'm told there in an error and I should go to this new carrier and go to Forum>Forum Configuration>General>Basic Settings>Enable Bug Mode>yes. Of course,beyond "Forum," none of the other layers can be found. This is my second attempt to contact you, but I can find no record of the first reply I posted.
What's going on, and what have failed to do correctly?
Any information out there?

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 4
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/4/2020 6:21:16 AM   
RebBugler

jlan5031

Are you saying you signed in and got errors, or you're trying to register and get errors? I'm sure the registration process is amiss, hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Were you registered with the previous NSD website?

Thanks for the report, glad folks are interested in NSD forum's revival.

Edit: Never mind that second question, found your posts. Sorry I didn't remember your forum name. Don't know why you get errors when you try to log in, that should be working. I see other folks logged in, but only one post besides mine with the new site so far.

All I can suggest is double check your password, and keep trying. You'll know when you successfully log in as all the threads will appear as before, just in a new format, but not as orderly.

< Message edited by RebBugler -- 4/4/2020 7:12:17 AM >

(in reply to jlan5031)
Post #: 5
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/4/2020 3:26:30 PM   
jlan5031

I know you're working hard to get this new web page up and running,and I am grateful. Maybe, my complaints are were premature, but sometimes negotiating with computers can be frustrating. Right now, for example, I can only respond to this message through this email you sent me. An attempt to bookmark just leads to a can't find response.

To answer your questions, My User Name and password can get me into the new website. After that,the most current News I can get is a list of ninety-some-odd news messages, all under the same username, undated, beginning with "Wavre Released." Occasionally, I get a message from the new web page provider(?)I have to go to their webpage and correct an error whose pathway does not seem to exist.

My computer skills are limited,somewhere in the D+-C- level. You've responded well to all my requests for help.When I check my bookmarks, Scourge of War has always been the first I've opened. I miss it.
Thank you

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 6
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/4/2020 5:58:19 PM   
RebBugler

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlan5031

I know you're working hard to get this new web page up and running,and I am grateful. Maybe, my complaints are were premature, but sometimes negotiating with computers can be frustrating. Right now, for example, I can only respond to this message through this email you sent me. An attempt to bookmark just leads to a can't find response.

To answer your questions, My User Name and password can get me into the new website. After that,the most current News I can get is a list of ninety-some-odd news messages, all under the same username, undated, beginning with "Wavre Released." Occasionally, I get a message from the new web page provider(?)I have to go to their webpage and correct an error whose pathway does not seem to exist.

My computer skills are limited,somewhere in the D+-C- level. You've responded well to all my requests for help.When I check my bookmarks, Scourge of War has always been the first I've opened. I miss it.
Thank you

If you click on the link provided in the first post in this thread it will take you to the 'Recent Topics' section. Sign in there. Once signed in you'll see 'Forum' at the top and also in the side menu, bottom. Recent Topics, Forum, and Index are the only pages/sections you need to access to view threads and posts.

When you see the "Wavre Released" announcement you're on the Home page. Use the menu on the left to access the forum pages.

I presently see your name on the NSD forum as logged in. Maybe you've already figured out what I have explained here...here's hoping.

(in reply to jlan5031)
Post #: 7
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/4/2020 7:46:39 PM   
jlan5031

Thanks again for your quick response.
Yes, I can get into the website, but when I select Forum either from the top of the page, or the left side all I see is a list of statistics. There's no access to any topics. If I press Recent Topics the results shows "No Topics."
If that's all there is then I'm guessing that is as far as the webpage has been restored. am I right?

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 8
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/4/2020 8:15:54 PM   
RebBugler

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlan5031

Thanks again for your quick response.
Yes, I can get into the website, but when I select Forum either from the top of the page, or the left side all I see is a list of statistics. There's no access to any topics. If I press Recent Topics the results shows "No Topics."
If that's all there is then I'm guessing that is as far as the webpage has been restored. am I right?

Yes, I saw when you were logged in. So, since you can't see threads or posts it appears only Moderators, like me, can access these sections.

This will be fixed, otherwise the website is useless, unless everyone has Moderator access. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the Report!

(in reply to jlan5031)
Post #: 9
RE: NSD Website under reconstruction - 4/6/2020 7:21:59 PM   
RebBugler

The forum section of the NSD website is now available to former members and guests. If anyone has trouble logging in or signing up please report issues here.

The website is still being worked on but should be fully functional as far as replying to and submitting posts. Please report any issues to the contrary.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 10
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 4/12/2020 6:37:22 PM   
bruce205

Great news Reb but I cannot login and when I click register it returns me to login screen. Even clicking forgot user name or password it reports my e-mail address is not valid?? Thanks for any help.
Bruce

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 11
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 4/12/2020 7:14:38 PM   
RebBugler

The registration issue has been reported. Whether or not forgotten passwords will be retrievable is another question. What can be fixed will be fixed...still a WIP.

Thanks for the report...

(in reply to bruce205)
Post #: 12
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 4/16/2020 6:04:24 PM   
RebBugler

The registration process should be functional now. Please report any issues here.

Thanks

RB

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 13
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 4/28/2021 5:35:49 PM   
-pag-

**BUMP**
NSD website is very useful for new players or those interested in this game.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 14
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 12/12/2021 4:23:37 PM   
jlan5031

I don't know if I'm in the right address. I have an automatic notification of all your RebBugler mods. When I try to respond, I get the 401 error message. I can bring up the e-mails but can't respond to them.
What I'd like say, is that I enjoy reading about Reb's mods but prefer to play with the forces that were historically used.

(in reply to -pag-)
Post #: 15
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 2/2/2022 6:53:20 AM   
garyknowz1

Hey Randy! Been away a while (hospitalized off and on for the past three years). I tried logging in, but says my username and password don't match. Tried the password/username reset tool, but each time I type my email in, I receive an error saying "empty solution not allowed". Even tried re-registering, but my email is in use. Any ideas?

Best,
Gary

(in reply to jlan5031)
Post #: 16
RE: NSD Website - New Address - 2/3/2022 6:53:43 AM   
RebBugler

Hey Gary

This issue is unfortunately a common issue now with the NSD site, Davinci can't log on either, so you're not alone. Norb is presently working on this issue, hopefully he'll get it straightened out soon. In the meantime, thanks to Matrix, we can still correspond here.

(in reply to garyknowz1)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> NSD Website - New Address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI