Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Computer and Monitor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> New Computer and Monitor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Computer and Monitor - 4/25/2020 3:08:48 PM   
rmlpanzer08

Hello WITP AE group,

I recently purchased a new PC and monitor after 10 years. I am trying to install WITP AE plus beta patch to my new PC, I am able to get the game installed and running, but only on 1/4 the size of the new 49 inch Samsung monitor. I know I won't be able to play full screen size, but was trying to get it larger than it is and failing. I know it has to do with the switches setting and have tried multiple settings. I have read the many threads on this issue, and downloaded the SeeBee installer, and purchased the display fusion app from Steam to help with the process, but no luck. I was hoping someone will be able to help me through the process so I can get WITP AE up and running again, I really want to get back to playing it again. Below are my monitor specs and current, but wrong switches setting.

3840 x 1080 monitor

"E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - Ryan\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px2560 -py1440 -deepColor - -skipVideo

I will really appreciate any help from this great community.

Thanks,

Ryan

Post #: 1
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/25/2020 5:44:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmlpanzer08

Hello WITP AE group,

I recently purchased a new PC and monitor after 10 years. I am trying to install WITP AE plus beta patch to my new PC, I am able to get the game installed and running, but only on 1/4 the size of the new 49 inch Samsung monitor. I know I won't be able to play full screen size, but was trying to get it larger than it is and failing. I know it has to do with the switches setting and have tried multiple settings. I have read the many threads on this issue, and downloaded the SeeBee installer, and purchased the display fusion app from Steam to help with the process, but no luck. I was hoping someone will be able to help me through the process so I can get WITP AE up and running again, I really want to get back to playing it again. Below are my monitor specs and current, but wrong switches setting.

3840 x 1080 monitor

"E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition - Ryan\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px2560 -py1440 -deepColor - -skipVideo

I will really appreciate any help from this great community.

Thanks,

Ryan

Try -pfx and -pfy. The 'f' stands for "force", to make the game card or monitor use a resolution that is not 'native' to it.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to rmlpanzer08)
Post #: 2
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/26/2020 11:18:39 AM   
Trugrit

Your 49 inch Samsung monitor.

Is that the curved Samsung monitor?

Your monitor manual should have a list of screen resolutions that will work with it.

The px and py are for a widescreen per the read me file in your game folder.

Per the read me:

WideScreenSupport
New in the third official update:

-px -py

To have any effect x must be greater than 1024 and y must be greater than 768.
If values less than or equal to px=1024 and py=768 are used the original values of 1024 and 768 will be substituted.

Spanning mode is not supported and user should ensure that both the video adapter and monitor support the px and py values.

We were unable to test on all possible monitor combinations, if you experience issues you should immediately remove
the –px –py from your command line switches to revert to standard display behavior.

Post #: 3
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/26/2020 11:59:13 AM   
inqistor

First, make sure that you graphics card supports the resolution. If it is good, it should be able to rescale even unsupported sizes. Second, play it in windowed mode.

Anyway, if your monitor have 1080 y-axis, it will not show 1440.

Post #: 4
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/28/2020 2:16:34 AM   
rmlpanzer08

Hello All,

Thank you so much for posting and giving me advice. I switched my settings to PFX 1920 & PFY 1080. The game is larger than before. taking up about 1/2 screen now. Yes I did purchase the curved 49 inch Samasung monitor, still getting use to all the new settings. I was able to get WITP Tracker and Combat reporter working too this weekend. I think this is the largest I can get the resolution unless anyone has any suggestions. Once again thank you to this great community.

Ryan

Post #: 5
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/28/2020 7:37:51 AM   
inqistor

As long as your graphics card is not integrated Intel, it should support 3840 in x-axis. You can define game window at any ratio you want. Try -pfx 2560 first, and then -pfx 3800 if first works. If it doesn't, try switching to windowed mode -w.

One thing I am sure, game doesn't support second monitor. It shows up, but the one without game have serious problems with communication.

Post #: 6
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/28/2020 4:47:28 PM   
rmlpanzer08

Hi Inqistor,

Thank you so much for helping me try to figure this out. I have a AMD Radeon 5700 XT graphics card. I tried changing it to 2560 first then 3800, it still stayed the same size. I tried the -w windows mode, and made the screen size much smaller. I don't have a second monitor on this PC. Do I need to do anything with my graphics settings on the PC first to expand the screen size? Thank you for all your help any suggestions.

Ryan

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 7
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/29/2020 5:06:52 PM   
inqistor

If it stayed the same, it means that your custom resolution setting doesn't work.

What is your Display Resolution? Have your Windows Desktop takes whole screen? Do you have any weird percentage in Scale and layout Display Setting? Your Graphics Card is good enough to play anything in the market, but make sure you have current drivers. I had problems with rescalling at some older Radeon drivers.

Post #: 8
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 12:46:22 AM   
rmlpanzer08

Hi Inqistor,

I have the recommended Resolution of 3840 x 1080 set on my display settings. I double checked, I do have the latest AMD driver installed on 04/01/2020. How would I adjust the custom resolution settings to make it work properly? The game is in the middle of the screen with just over 1/2 not being used. I tried the SeeBee app with no luck. I also downloaded the display fusion app from stream as I have read on other threads, but that didn't seem to work either. I truly appreciate you helping me through this, I am really looking forward back to playing the game.

Ryan

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 9
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 4:43:05 AM   
Yaab

rmlpanzer08, do the following.

1.Uninstall WITP:AE

2.Make a new install of WITP:AE

3.Download and install the latest WITP:AE official patch from here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/war-in-the-pacific-admirals-edition

4.Download and install the latest WITP:AE beta patch from here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185062

Point 3 is CRUCIAL. The latest official patch has the wide-screen resolution support (check the patch's WhatsNew file, CTRL+F for "wide screen")

Hope it helps.

Post #: 10
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 5:42:02 AM   
rmlpanzer08

Hi Yaab,

Thank you for trying to help with my issue. I followed your advice and did a fresh install of WITP AE, and download the official patch first, then the Beta2 patch second. I updated my switches to "E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -pfx3840 -pfy1080 -deepColor - -skipVideo.

The issue is still the same, the screen size is still small as before. I really do thank you all for trying to help me with this issue.

Ryan

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 11
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 6:27:40 AM   
Yaab

rmlpanzer08, here is a list of true 16:9 resolutions. Maybe you can force those higher ones than 1920 x 1080?

640 x 360 (nHD)
854 x 480 (FWVGA)
960 x 540 (qHD)
1024 x 576 (WSVGA)
1280 x 720 (HD/WXGA)
1366 x 768 (FWXGA)
1600 x 900 (HD+)
1920 x 1080 (FHD)
2048 x 1152 (QWXGA)
2560 x 1440 (QHD)
3200 x 1800 (WQXGA+)
3840 x 2160 (UHD)

< Message edited by Yaab -- 4/30/2020 7:22:55 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 8:54:37 AM   
inqistor

Don't worry Ryan, I suspect you have the same issue I had with my new laptop. It should be solvable.

If you right click on your desktop, and choose Display settings, do you see "Scale and layout" in the middle of the screen? I have there "Change the size of text, apps and other items" right below. And the bar of it shows 125% (Recommended). In my case, WITPAE does not scale to this, and Full HD just doesn't work. The true available y-axis resolution is eighthundredsomething.

Now, you can either set this percentage to 100% (and you will immediately see all text gets really tiny), or change your switches to something like -w -pfx3000 -pfy800, and see if that works.

Anyway, your game will still have probably lag after each click. You would have to experiment further with -multiaudio, and CPU switches. I never was able to fix problem with Desktop bleeding through game screen in fullscreen, so I am playing in windowed mode. Actually, you probably should do it too, as with your super-wide screen, you can have Tracker, or other reports just beside your game window.

Post #: 13
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 10:29:15 AM   
inqistor

Oh, and one more thing. Title Screen uses different resolution, than actual game. You have to start Scenario, and see map to check your real settings.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 14
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 4:46:39 PM   
rmlpanzer08

Hey guys,

Thank you for continuing to try to help me get this sorted. I tried the all switches above 1920 x 1080, and none of them changed the size of the game at all? Is that normal? I would think it would change a little but, no matter the setting, it stayed the same size.

I checked the scale and layout, it is set to 100%, the recommended setting. I did try changing it to 125%, the screen size was the same, but the game was larger and didn't fit in the correct screen size, cut the top and bottom part of the screen. I changed it back to 100%. Good thought on the title screen, and actual game screen being different, ran into that issue on another game, but unfortunately it't the same screen size as title and actual games play.

Do I need to go anything with my AMD graphics card at all? I have the AMD app on my PC.

Thanks,

Ryan

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 15
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 5:40:45 PM   
inqistor

If one of your values is out of range, none of resolution will be changed. I suspect you either used wrong - (if you copied line from pdf, it tends to use some long ASCII code), or Desktop isn't set to full 1080. Seriously don't be shy, and give -pfy800 and try few different -pfx to check if anything changes. You have first to try lower settings, not greater.

There should be some switch about upscalling in your Radeon Adrenalin app, but this is only needed when you want to show resolution larger, than your monitor supports.

Post #: 16
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 4/30/2020 7:54:55 PM   
rmlpanzer08

Hi Inqistor,

If you can, will you give me an example of your command switches you use, or someone elses. Maybe I have the command switches set wrong with a space or dash that I have wrong.

Thanks,

Ryan

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 17
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 5/1/2020 5:41:42 AM   
Yaab

My switches.

15.6inch laptop, screen's native resolution is 1920 x 1080. I settled for 1600x900 (full screen) resolution, because at higher resolutions the fonts were too small. The 1600x900 was one of supported resolutions in the screen options menu.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -skipVideo -archive -deepColor -dd_sw -px1600 -py900

< Message edited by Yaab -- 5/1/2020 8:15:42 AM >

Post #: 18
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 5/1/2020 8:14:28 AM   
inqistor

I had problem with sound causing delay after mouse click. Strangely, no problem with CPUs. This is for Full HD with this weird 125% setting, they definitely don't have to keep any ratio. Even -pxf1700 and 1920 worked with the same pyf:

-w -pxf1500 -pyf800 -skipVideo -multiaudio -dd_sw -archive -deepColor

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 19
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 5/30/2020 6:41:54 PM   
pbiggar

Thanks to everyone who helped with this thread. I had just got a new laptop and had similar problem to Ryan. The fixes listed here allowed me to get it working correctly again.Same issue with only a portion of the screen displaying game. Tried many switches with no joy. Now it is great again.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 20
RE: New Computer and Monitor - 5/30/2020 11:26:15 PM   
moore4807

rmlpanzer - just out of simple curiosity, you started this thread using your old switches... did you try it with no switches to start? I would try that then "add in" the switches to see what each one does. I switched to a 40" RCA monitor last year, and even though I'm using an AGPU - the computer picked up the screen settings for the game and that made the screen size itself accordingly, I added the windowed screen and skip intro switches along with the mouse fix.

Just a suggestion.

(in reply to pbiggar)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> New Computer and Monitor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI