Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 3/25/2020 5:02:19 PM   
SamSlitherine

Hi Guys,

Me again!

We have another public Beta for your enjoyment!

Please download the patch from here

For Steam

Right click on the game and select "Properties". Select the “Betas” tab. The Beta tag "Beta - Public Beta" will appear in the Beta dropdown list. Select it and close the Properties window. Steam should now update the game to the beta version. If the update does not start automatically, launch the game to force the update process or 'verify integrity of game files' from the 'Local Files' tab.

For GOG

Click the 'More' tab next to the 'Play' button - go to 'Settings', enable the Beta Channels and select the Beta channel from the channel dropdown.

Please see the changelog below for the list of changes!

New features
1. Improved the way in which games are saved on disk drives with write caching enabled. It should no longer be possible to load a saved game that is still in the process of being written to disk.
2. Reverted most of the changes to highlighting out of supply units from previous patch, in order to allow pocketed enemy units that can be destroyed to be highlighted red. Units should still be highlighed yellow when more than 57 MP or 18 hexes from railhead (which is where penalties to resupply from railhead drop below 50%).
3. Supplied units making a displacement move will not be allowed to move through enemy controlled hexes during the logistics phase, or while being able to trace a path of friendly controlled hexes towards supply source.
4. During retreat and displacement moves non-Finnish Axis units will ignore Finnish and Italian supply sources, and Finnish Axis units will ignore non-Finnish supply sources.
5. Reduced maximum morale level at which units can shatter from 55 to 40 (and from 70 to 55 for on-map units smaller than a brigade).
6. Reduced displacement move minimum distance from 12 (8 for combat units with nominal speed of less than 25 MP) to 6 (4). Reduced displacement move maximum distance from 20 (16) to 12 (8).
7. Adjusted retreat and displacement move hex scoring and sorting order. This should result in better selection of hexes to retreat or displace to.
8. Mountain units will use foot movement costs for supply in all types of terrain. This will affect resupply, fetching extra resources on demand, building forts, and airhead supply.
9. A hex will now be eligible for FBD/NKPS repair if:
a. it is within 4 hexes of a railhead (6 in the Baltic zone prior to Dec 1941) - please note, that since 1.12.00 range to rail or HQ is now measured along the path of lowest MP cost to target hex, not in a straight line);
b. it is within RRV (Rail Repair Value of the FBD/NKPS unit) hexes of a railhead;
c. it is connected to another friendly rail hex that has less than 2 damage.
10. It will be now possible to voluntarily disband units scheduled for future disbandment.
11. It will be now possible to voluntarily destroy isolated HQ units.
12. It will be no longer possible to voluntarily disband units supplied via sea.
13. Playing with unlocked support option will reset HQ units to the following limits (instead of 3 for all) at game start:
a. locked for reinforcements (if under human player control);
b. 0 for high command, army group/front, Axis army HQs, air HQs;
c. 2 for Guards, Axis elite, SS elite, LW elite; German "Panzer Corps", and "Motorized Corps"; Soviet "Tank Army", "Shock Army", "Guards Army", and "Gds Army" HQs;
d. 1 for other HQs.
14. Fort at level 4 or better will not prevent defender's retreat if there will be no town, city or urban terrain in hex.
15. Bonus fort removal in combat will be rounded up, so at least 0.02 of fort level will be removed at all times (when bonus for removal will be allowed).

Bug fixes
1. Fixed a bug which resulted in wrong hex being selected as target of a retreat.
2. Fixed a bug in surrender checking code, which resulted in a possibly infinite loop moving units back and forth between several hexes.
3. Fixed a bug where MP supply modifier wasn't calculated correctly for mountain units in mountain hex.
4. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to edit disabled men for Axis side in the editor.
5. Fixed a bug where fighter-bombers on bomber mission were classified as fighters when calculating aircraft in range of target, which prevented air group selection window from appearing for bomb missions, when there was no regular bomber groups in range.

Happy Gaming!

Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 6:00:04 AM   
ErickRepie

Dear comrade,

First of all i wish everyone in healthy condition during these hard times .
And for the patch 1.12.04 -- i think the lock support unit for all in option menu -- doesn't work. I have to manually change lock to every division instead from option menu.

Tks,

(in reply to SamSlitherine)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 6:41:31 AM   
56ajax

I assume you mean on T1?

All mine are locked.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to ErickRepie)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 1:19:52 PM   
joelmar

@ErickRepie

If you want all your HQ's locked, just lock STAVKA or OKH depending on which side you play. All HQ's under a locked HQ are also locked.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 2:35:13 PM   
ErickRepie

@jolmaer

My old ritual that you mentioned doesnt work on T1. Assigned SU on T2 were released to reserved on T3. I had to click to lock manualy each division ..so in T4 the SU stay in despite locked menu selected in game option.

Anybody experiencing this way with 1.12.04 or its just me

Stay health comrades

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 2:40:13 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ErickRepie

@jolmaer

My old ritual that you mentioned doesnt work on T1. Assigned SU on T2 were released to reserved on T3. I had to click to lock manualy each division ..so in T4 the SU stay in despite locked menu selected in game option.

Anybody experiencing this way with 1.12.04 or its just me

Stay health comrades

You have me confused. You can only lock SUs in HQs not in divisions. And SUs never go to reserve - either national reserve or reserve status. So I think there may be confusion of terms. By SU do you mean support unit? By lock division do you mean lock HQ? By go to reserve do you mean move to national command?

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to ErickRepie)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 2:49:34 PM   
joelmar

The lock menu in Game Options only works for turn 1. After that, it's the "Support Level" in the unit's window or in the Commander Report that you must use. That will override the Game Options "Lock HQ's" checkboxes.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 2:53:59 PM   
ErickRepie

Hi there,

I am sorry for the confusion.
SU is support unit.
My mistake, should be locked from HQ not div.
Unless lock on HQ the SU kept coming back to OKH despite in game option lock option already selwcted.

Cheers

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/7/2020 2:57:25 PM   
Telemecus

No worries - then exactly as Joelmar said. The lock HQ option is only for how it will be when you start the game (not a very useful option really).

Going forward you need to lock HQs or set their support levels. But locking any HQ will also leave all below locked. So locking OKH should leave almost all your HQs locked that way with one click.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 4/7/2020 3:10:22 PM >

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to ErickRepie)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 4/23/2020 1:01:10 AM   
erichswafford

Just getting back into this classic, and I wanted to ask:

With all these changes to the game in the beta, is the AI able to handle all of it? Or would I be better off playing both sides.

My main interest is not the Strategic-level game, but rather the various smaller operational-level scenarios (I always felt the AI got "lost" with the huge scenarios anyway).

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/3/2020 4:34:16 PM   
MrKompotik

I can't see 1.12.04 at my Steam...just 1.12.03 is available.

(in reply to erichswafford)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/3/2020 4:44:07 PM   
redrum68

@MrKompotik - Try going to properties>betas and selecting public beta.

(in reply to MrKompotik)
Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/4/2020 6:22:13 AM   
MrKompotik

It works! Appreciate!

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/4/2020 3:38:27 PM   
ErickRepie

Hi comrade,

just wonder, is it worthy to buy Lost Victory in order to get extra challenge/scenario
Sorry its out of topic.

Tks,

(in reply to MrKompotik)
Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/9/2020 4:17:09 AM   
nukkxx5058

Looks great ! If I install it, will it ruin my current game with 1.11.3 (Steam version) ?

(in reply to ErickRepie)
Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/10/2020 9:29:34 AM   
LordPichote

Hi.

I have a question about the Beta version.

The options and changes you comment on can be chosen from players playing a campaign from the game's options panel.

I think it is a good idea, this way the players can choose the correct preferences that they consider good for their game and discard others that may not be convenient for them.

Thank you

(in reply to SamSlitherine)
Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 - 5/16/2020 7:45:51 PM   
MaB1708

< Message edited by MaB1708 -- 5/16/2020 8:18:16 PM >

(in reply to LordPichote)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Open Beta 1.12.04 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI