Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

June 4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> June 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
June 4 - 5/7/2020 3:28:54 PM   
Astyreal

Is that official ?
Post #: 1
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 3:38:41 PM   
OldSarge

I hope so! An instant purchase.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to Astyreal)
Post #: 2
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 4:20:57 PM   
devoncop

What is the source ?....Edit : Confirmed in the Matrix newsletter that just arrived in my e-mail.

No price as yet.

If true it is the best news of the year gaming wise for me. My birthday the end of May and my lovely wife has promised to get it me when it comes out.....the stars are indeed aligning...

< Message edited by devoncop -- 5/7/2020 4:31:18 PM >

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 3
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 4:51:39 PM   
YogSogoth

This would certainly be an excellent news, but but there is no official trace anywhere. Source?

Edit: just read the reference to the newsletter, thanks.

< Message edited by YogSogoth -- 5/7/2020 4:53:20 PM >

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 4
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 7:39:26 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

If true it is the best news of the year gaming wise for me. My birthday the end of May and my lovely wife has promised to get it me when it comes out.....the stars are indeed aligning...

Happy birthday! What a thoughtful wife! With the stars lining up, it might be time to pick up a lotto ticket or two.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 5
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 8:04:15 PM   
devoncop

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Happy birthday! What a thoughtful wife! With the stars lining up, it might be time to pick up a lotto ticket or two.

I won the lotto several times over in 1994 when I married her but thanks for the advance birthday wishes :-)

As for Shadow Empire ist seems it is being rapidly patched and improved almost every day....

Roll on release day !

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 6
RE: June 4 - 5/7/2020 9:16:34 PM   
Culthrasa

Can't wait :) Might even schedule some days off to do a deep dive

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 7
RE: June 4 - 5/8/2020 1:52:35 AM   
KingHalford

Great news! Instant purchase from me too, it's the most interesting and involving game I've played in many years.

I really think it might well be a gateway drug for 4x players to get more into wargaming, and perhaps visa versa too.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Culthrasa)
Post #: 8
RE: June 4 - 5/8/2020 9:00:44 AM   
olin0111

Day 1 purchase for me. Looking forward to playing!

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 9
RE: June 4 - 5/8/2020 10:17:44 AM   
koplinsol

Take my money.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

(in reply to olin0111)
Post #: 10
RE: June 4 - 5/12/2020 3:30:54 PM   
Bleek

I'm in, love the concept and detail.

(in reply to koplinsol)
Post #: 11
RE: June 4 - 5/12/2020 5:17:22 PM   
nukkxx5058

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 12
RE: June 4 - 5/13/2020 3:28:27 AM   
balto

Even if this is not the truth, I still achieved a massive erection. June 4th (Thursday) is great, I will take off that Friday.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 13
RE: June 4 - 5/13/2020 12:25:03 PM   
CustoV131

I'll make up my mind when I know what it will cost.

I like what I'm seeing mostly, but I also see room for improvement. Seeing Youtubers with many hours in the game not being able to find info reliably (despite having access to the huge manual) is a point of concern for me. Also reminders or an urgent cases popup for goals you set (promise you make to fulfill certain requirements ans so on) seems necessary, since people keep missing their goals because they are out of sight. Especially since everything reacts slowly in the game (which I like) and you have to take actions turns in advance to arrive at desired results.

Complicated and thus more realistic games, yes please.

Unnecessary complicated games, no thank you.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 14
RE: June 4 - 5/14/2020 11:32:31 AM   
KingHalford

quote:

ORIGINAL: CustoV131

I'll make up my mind when I know what it will cost.

I like what I'm seeing mostly, but I also see room for improvement. Seeing Youtubers with many hours in the game not being able to find info reliably (despite having access to the huge manual) is a point of concern for me. Also reminders or an urgent cases popup for goals you set (promise you make to fulfill certain requirements ans so on) seems necessary, since people keep missing their goals because they are out of sight. Especially since everything reacts slowly in the game (which I like) and you have to take actions turns in advance to arrive at desired results.

Complicated and thus more realistic games, yes please.

Unnecessary complicated games, no thank you.

I think it's fair here to point out that the game manual is currently unfinished: certainly the one I had access to since I got hold of the first preview copy has changed quite drastically in the last iteration. Just speaking for myself here, but I mostly struggled to find information in my Let's Play series because I was learning to play the game as I was going. If you watch DasTactic's latest series he displays a very thorough understanding of even the most complex of the game mechanics, so it's perfectly do-able.

In my opinion the game isn't over complex and all the information you need can be found. It's not always in the most intuitive place, I can agree with that, but it's there and just requires a little exploration, which is something I can credit most gamers with enough intelligence to do. That being said, I do understand that people's time is limited and that the easier something is to find, the better. I'm sure the game will continue to evolve as more feedback comes in!

Currently the most complex and difficult to understand system is logistics. I think Das has a fair understanding of it (there's a post on this board where he breaks down exactly why a seemingly unfathomable issue happened, and that's because the game is complex enough to allow for some unusual cases.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to CustoV131)
Post #: 15
RE: June 4 - 5/14/2020 8:30:46 PM   
CustoV131

quote:

ORIGINAL: KingHalford
I think it's fair here to point out that the game manual is currently unfinished: certainly the one I had access to since I got hold of the first preview copy has changed quite drastically in the last iteration. Just speaking for myself here, but I mostly struggled to find information in my Let's Play series because I was learning to play the game as I was going. If you watch DasTactic's latest series he displays a very thorough understanding of even the most complex of the game mechanics, so it's perfectly do-able.

In my opinion the game isn't over complex and all the information you need can be found. It's not always in the most intuitive place, I can agree with that, but it's there and just requires a little exploration, which is something I can credit most gamers with enough intelligence to do. That being said, I do understand that people's time is limited and that the easier something is to find, the better. I'm sure the game will continue to evolve as more feedback comes in!

Currently the most complex and difficult to understand system is logistics. I think Das has a fair understanding of it (there's a post on this board where he breaks down exactly why a seemingly unfathomable issue happened, and that's because the game is complex enough to allow for some unusual cases.

That is good and encouraging information. Thanks!

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> June 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI