Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Games Closes unexpectedly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Games Closes unexpectedly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Games Closes unexpectedly - 5/30/2020 9:52:58 PM   
ashkpa

Second time attempting this post.
MWIF 3.1.05
Game is closing as I exit the CW stay at Sea phase.

This is a save at the beginning of the CW stay at Sea phase. Just exit the phase and it should close all of the game screens. I will explain more how I got here in the next post - if this takes.

Pat

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 5/30/2020 10:00:51 PM   
ashkpa

So, I am the axis and am trying to go quickly through the EOT phases so that I can provide instructions to the Allied player as he completes all of the EOT for our game. I start from the saved game at the beginning of the US entry draw (attached here). I put the US entry in the GE/IT pool and choose no US actions.

Prelim Production
Germans save the Austrian oil in Berlin and the close the phase.
JP and IT accept the initial prelim production
Close all the allied Prelim production phases.

Stay at Sea
The Germans keep the combat ships in the 1 and 3 box of the Baltic at sea and then close the phase.
Italy closes the phase.
Jap keeps the three CV's in the China Sea at sea. Everything else (except convoys) return to base.
CW - I have tried returning everything home and keeping everything at sea that is allowed.

Once I finish the CW phase, I click the little green close phase button and the game terminates.

I did try rebooting my machine to no avail.

Thanks,

Pat

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 2
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 5/31/2020 4:10:04 AM   
ashkpa

Still fails with the new update 3.1.0.6

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 3
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/1/2020 1:35:15 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

The problem is with the two French naval units in the Baltic.
They have no port to which they can return to base and are therefore destroyed.

I have just fixed the code, but would prefer to not upload a new version/Hot Patch so soon.

If you can move those two units to the Destroyed Pool or the Force Pool, you should be able to continue your game.

If you can't do that, let me know with a post in this thread. All of the beta testers can remove the units from the map.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 4
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/1/2020 3:04:03 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

I have just fixed the code, but would prefer to not upload a new version/Hot Patch so soon.

If you can move those two units to the Destroyed Pool or the Force Pool, you should be able to continue your game.

If you can't do that, let me know with a post in this thread. All of the beta testers can remove the units from the map.

As the Allied player in this game, while Frances does not control a port in the Baltic CW does, I thought the French CAs should be able to stay at sea.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/1/2020 5:11:16 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

quote:

quote:

As the Allied player in this game, while Frances does not control a port in the Baltic CW does, I thought the French CAs should be able to stay at sea.

No.

There is a rule (somewhere) that states that if a unit at sea during the stay at sea/return to base phases has no place to which to return (this applies to air units too), then it is destroyed.

French units in the Baltic after the Axis take Copenhagen and USSR units in the Baltic when the turn ends with Snow or Blizzard are the situations where this occurs most often.

Steve

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 6
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/1/2020 5:55:27 PM   
Courtenay

I just took a look at the game. While there is a CW owned port on the Baltic, it contains CW units, so that French units can not return to base there, because the French and the CW do not cooperate. Thus the French units should be destroyed. If the port were CW owned, but did not contain any CW units, then the French units would not be destroyed.

quote:

WHEN YOU CAN'T RETURN TO BASE
Destroy any unit (checked individually) that has no base to return to. It makes no difference if a unit couldn’t return to base because it was out of range or was blocked by naval movement restrictions (see 8.2.10 and 11.4.4). Clarification: You cannot return to base to a port you could not normally make a naval move into.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

Post #: 7
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/7/2020 1:56:13 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

quote:

Steve

The game won't let me switch to France during the Stay at Sea phase so I can destroy these units. Simply closes every time. Save game attached

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/7/2020 3:18:57 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

quote:

quote:

Steve

The game won't let me switch to France during the Stay at Sea phase so I can destroy these units. Simply closes every time. Save game attached

You need a new update (version 03.01.00.07) to the code. I'll try to get one out tomorrow.

Release 3.1.0.6 corresponds to Version 04.00.02.09. May 30, 2020

===

Changes Since Version 4.0.2.9
(as of May 30, 2020)

181. June 1, 2020 - Fixed a problem with destroying naval units that cannot return to base during the Stay At Sea/Return To Base phases.

Changes Since Version 4.0.2.10
(as of June 1, 2020)

182. June 2, 2020 - Fixed a problem with partisans never appearing in minor countries at war with a major power (A), but whose controlling major power is not at war with A. For example, if Italy is at war with Greece, which is controlled by the Commonwealth, and Italy is not at war with the Commonwealth, then Greek partisans were not appearing.

183. June 3, 2020 - Fixed a newly created problem with the Use Oil form where the Expend Oil button was incorrectly disabled. That occurred when there was only one unit to reorganize and/or only one oil source available.

Steve

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 9
RE: Games Closes unexpectedly - 6/8/2020 5:23:38 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I didn't get as much done as I would have liked over the past weekend. So no new Hot Patch.

However, here is your saved game - repaired. I moved the two French naval units from the Baltic Sea to the Force Pool (they won't appear in the list of destroyed units for the turn).

Attachment (1)

Steve

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Games Closes unexpectedly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI