Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disintegrating Army

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Disintegrating Army Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disintegrating Army - 6/7/2020 12:33:53 PM   
TheCrazyScot

So I was besieging a city with some militia troops and a brigade of light infantry. The supply was a little shakey for some reason, but on most turns the units were in green supply, never dropping below yellow.

Then a few turns later I saw that my infantry brigade had taken a few minor hits despite the fact that combat hadn't happened, but I didn't really think much of it at the time. Then next turn they had completely fallen apart, with just the empty counters with a combat power of 0 left.

I was just wondered what could have caused this? I had plenty of food, supply didn't seem like an issue. Was it a bug? Or can other things cause armies to fall apart?
Post #: 1
RE: Disintegrating Army - 6/7/2020 1:54:57 PM   
Jdane

I observed a similar phenomenon in one of my games. An independent battalion of artillery stationed in a newly conquered city with an infantry brigade was regularly losing 10 cannons and 10 trucks that I had to reinforce regularly, every 2 or 3 turns. I failed to identify the cause (I was suspecting supply issues or maybe some sort of sabotage but did not inquire much).

So I am curious as well.

(in reply to TheCrazyScot)
Post #: 2
RE: Disintegrating Army - 6/7/2020 2:26:24 PM   
Vic

Its most likely either:

-Hunger leading to starvation (check the Food consumed by the Unit in question)
-Troops being returned to SHQ because your set their Model Quality Setting to Obsolete
-Enemy action

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: Disintegrating Army - 6/7/2020 4:33:58 PM   
TheCrazyScot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic
-Troops being returned to SHQ because your set their Model Quality Setting to Obsolete

I feel like an idiot, that was it. The troops did end up back at my SHQ.

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for producing such an amazing game! It's been a while since I sat down and played something that was this much of a learning experience.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Disintegrating Army Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI