Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinforce units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Reinforce units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinforce units - 6/7/2020 9:21:05 PM   
Innocentius

I am having trouble reinforcing my units, they are requesting the reinforcement but they don't actually get them from the SHQ even though they are available.

I first thought it was a problem with logistics and thus upgraded my trucking stations. But still nothing.

Now I have some units stationed in my capital and still they dont get any reinforcements.

I am not sure what the problem could be thats why I am asking here.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!
Post #: 1
RE: Reinforce units - 6/7/2020 9:37:16 PM   
Kamelpov

Shq need to have the unit first then you need to build that renforcement unit in the SHQ and you should get the renforcement or else send your save to Vic if it's still don't work. Or reinstall the game as i have everything working in the beta3

(in reply to Innocentius)
Post #: 2
RE: Reinforce units - 6/7/2020 9:48:39 PM   
Jdane

Would they be militia units by chance?

Because if it is the case, they depend on a different supply chain. The Zone Militia abstraction is in charge of providing reinforcements for them. (You can have a look at its stats by clicking on the Militancy button on the bottom of the screen when you have a zone selected.)

Post #: 3
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 11:24:22 AM   
StrangledJTAC

I think this is a deficiency with the UI design. Since the player does not have direct control over militia replacements, a better presentation which does not obscure data of primary importance would be to separate it from UI element reporting regular troop replacement. In concise terms, I recommend implementing 'two separate bars for militia and regular troop replacement'.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 12:08:57 PM   
KingHalford

You do have direct control over replacements if you want to, there's a button to do it manually.

I'm 99% sure the reason you're not getting those units will be because you don't have enough supply.

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to StrangledJTAC)
Post #: 5
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 12:19:32 PM   
MC456

Hey StrangledJTAC,

If you need some data on your Militia, then click on your City and then the Militancy icon in the bottom bar (where things like crime, corporate control, etc. are stored). It tells you things like Manpower, Equipment, Manpower Replenishment, Equipment Replenishment, Maximum Size, Current Size, and Next Unit being built.

(in reply to StrangledJTAC)
Post #: 6
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 1:57:54 PM   
Innocentius

They arent militia, they are units i build myself.

As for the supply reasons I thought that would be a non-issue since they are literally on top of the SHQ in the capital which has no other supply issues (no other city has supply issues either).

I tried to manually replace the units as well by clicking on the unit that needs replacement and clicking the replace button but no units show up as replacements.

I also have replacements ready in my SHQ, I clicked the Repl.Troops button and it says for infantry that i have 500/4200 and for machinegun 100/200.

Now these numbers have gone up a bit since they arent replacing any troops and I just didnt want to build them anymore if they are just going to waste anyways.

If nothing works here then I will just send the save to Vic and perhaps he can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks for the help guys!

(in reply to MC456)
Post #: 7
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 2:13:15 PM   
W8taminute

I usually end up rotating units that need replacements out of the front line and back to the zone capital city. Then I click on 'Raise Replacement' button and a screen comes up listing the different replacement type units and how many are needed to bring the unit back up to full efficiency.

Post #: 8
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 2:26:39 PM   
Innocentius

So I have solved the problem, kinda.

I decided to experiment a bit with the save and can now replace my lost troops. How did I do this you might ask?

I had to create a model of the unit that needed replacement, so I still used the basic starting model and after I got a model design council and put them to work on a new infantry model and build some replacement troops with that all of a sudden those new model replacement units got send out while the original 500 still were in my SHQ.

Not sure why the original model wouldn't reinforce but at least I will be able to get troops out to the front again!

(in reply to W8taminute)
Post #: 9
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 2:37:31 PM   
Jdane

Had you played with the quality of models and the unit admin settings before the issue happened?
It looks like a case such as when low quality models are only tolerated in a unit, they won't get sent back to SHQ but won't come in as reinforcements anymore.
You shouldn't have to design a new model to get replacements flowing in.

Post #: 10
RE: Reinforce units - 6/8/2020 3:15:08 PM   
Innocentius

I did, the base unit was set to none and I put them on regular, I thought that might have been the problem as well.
Unfortunately it didnt help one bit.

My best guess why this happened is because I played this save before the release of the game and updated it to the latest version when the game came out (I had a press preview version).
Some wonky behavior must have happened because of the update.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Reinforce units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI