Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 6:55:08 AM   
Bainin

There is a certain event Major Woker Strike in (name of city) that is very unbalanced the event has 3 choices related to dissatisfied workers (it happens a lot especially if u conquer new city.

First one fives u Autocracy for supressing them the negativ effects are: the local army and police froce etc. fights the workers, which generates +20 fear and kills like a lot of the workers, the bigger the citys population the worse it is.

Second one is Democracy by giving in into their demand, which is like 8-200 credits most of the time its in the 18-20 range see screenshot.

3. get +20 unrest

Which seems really unbalanced i had a recently conquered major city rebell, i had like 400k workers rise up and squash my local army that was supposed to keep em suppressed which ment a lot more unrest and dead bodys (i play on a large earth like planet with a pretty decent population.

So picking autocracy is simply not worth it i rather pay 22 credits then gaining fear and dead workers+Soldiers and since i conquer a lot of citys and have a certain negative phase going on, i get that event like every 2 turns.

< Message edited by Bainin -- 6/12/2020 6:58:11 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 7:04:43 AM   
Clux

yea, the main problem its than thats one of the few events than Always show up, I think than the most important thing its make more events unrest related (when you conquer a new city)or giving more options for this event, like trying to calm down the crow by using speech

(in reply to Bainin)
Post #: 2
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 8:57:44 AM   
Cornuthaum

It doesn't help that the meritocracy options always come with insane, 150 or higher difficulty checks that are basically I possible to beat unless you have an amazing governor while also having a catastrophic critical failure result, while democracy yeets a few hundred credits at it and solves the problem instantly

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 9:42:56 AM   
Saros

Yeah basically all meritocracy and oratory checks are far far too hard, you don't have a chance to pass them so they never get used unless you are willing to eat the massive unrest for some meritocracy.

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 4
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 10:21:23 AM   
zgrssd

A few things fight unrest:
1. Troops in teh city
2. Security points in the city
3. Fear

And once you start fighting unrest effectively, usually the happiness that caused it will go away.
If not, figure out what else can be done to increase happiness :)

Unrest is not danger. If you fight it, you will get rid of it!

Also make sure they are incorporated. No penalty from losses. And they will quickly go up towards 75% population happiness.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cornuthaum

It doesn't help that the meritocracy options always come with insane, 150 or higher difficulty checks that are basically I possible to beat unless you have an amazing governor while also having a catastrophic critical failure result, while democracy yeets a few hundred credits at it and solves the problem instantly

Oddly giving in to protesters has them not protest anymore. As does beating them down with a army.

As for the difficulty:
Maybe we are supposed to have a particular council to help with that? Either by directly getting a bonus to the roll (or rather ,not getting a massive penalty to it the governor has) or by finally using those Strategems we unlocked?

- For Mertitrocacy, it is the Interior Council. You can get a really good Governor via "Recruit Talent". You know, someone with good Merit for this job
Rather then just getting Juniors and Faction candidates, wich are more about potential then current skill.
"Grand Convention" sounds like something related to Relations - jsut not sure if leader or population relations.

- Autocracy has the obviously named "Supress Unrest" Card. Get the Staff council and set "Occupation and Governance" high enough to generate it. Or just beat them up.
It is a very cheap way to get more Autocracy Profile

-Democracy just pays them off. And has the QoL bonus to fix the underlying issue quicker.
"Recruit Civilian" also sounds like it may give you a good governor

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 5
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 11:22:40 AM   
Cornuthaum

Very droll. I have an governor with a +107 mod to their roll, which is far and above the best character I've ever had, whose static bonus already outweighs the entire bound of a d100 - and 100+2d100 difficulty checks are, *on average*, only 50% chance-to-succeed for a Cap IV leadership +107 governor, which is rarer than chicken teeth.

I regularly get difficulties above 200 for skill rolls, which is insane - why these events aren't 50+2d40 or 75+2d40 at most, I don't understand.

< Message edited by Cornuthaum -- 6/12/2020 11:45:10 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 2:17:57 PM   
Destragon

I don't really think this is supposed to be perfectly balanced.
If you want to be authoritarian then you will need to station troops in the conquered city and fight the unrest to replace it with fear. You can't except the people of some conquered city to just accept their fate without a fight.
If you want the easy way out, you will have to get democracy and spend money.
The meritocracy way is the hardest, because it's simultaneously also the best outcome. I've definitely talked some protesters down in my game, so it can't be too impossible.

(in reply to Cornuthaum)
Post #: 7
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/12/2020 3:19:59 PM   
springel

Just look at what happens currently in America: no way this protest situation will lead to sensible measures. When emotions run high, only extremist solutions are available, common sense (Meritocracy) will be suppressed.

I think Vic captures the ugly realities of politics amazingly well.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 8
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/13/2020 6:32:35 AM   
Bainin

My issue is that democracy is just way to optimal of a solution, and yeah there are almost no meritocracy options that don't require me to roll above 150 with a 1d100 and most of my people only get 30-40 and the really good ones maybe 50 so even with the best guy in charge i have a 1 in 100 chance of actually succeeding which can not be as intendet?! I completely disagree with the notion of if u want to play anything other then democracy u gotta feel the pain every turn via events, because the other options are all ment to fail that would be very ****ty game mechanics. And even if it was the case there is no benefit from actually feeling that kind of pain even if u stick with Meritocracy u wont get a pay off.

< Message edited by Bainin -- 6/13/2020 6:34:45 AM >

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 9
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/13/2020 5:26:51 PM   
Bainin

Like why is this event so common sadly i can't post images or links yet so u got to take my word for it but i have the unrest event pop up while my workers in question have above par happiness and rising, so they complain even when they are happy.

(in reply to Bainin)
Post #: 10
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/13/2020 7:23:55 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bainin

Like why is this event so common sadly i can't post images or links yet so u got to take my word for it but i have the unrest event pop up while my workers in question have above par happiness and rising, so they complain even when they are happy.

Both the workers themself and the Population in teh zone can trigger variants of those events.

Make sure you station some troops or got some secrutiy points to quickly get rid of that Unrest.

(in reply to Bainin)
Post #: 11
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/14/2020 4:20:41 AM   
Bainin

Thats the thing the City in question does not have ANY unrest

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 12
RE: Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) - 6/14/2020 10:23:06 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bainin

Thats the thing the City in question does not have ANY unrest

Unrest events are a reaction to poor Happiness of either the Population or Worker part.
The unrest itself is causing a "runaway effect" or "feedback loop".

(in reply to Bainin)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Forced Democracy via Unrest (unbalanced) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI